Rebel tree system

Rebel tree system

Ok after some time thinking and making notes i came up with the google document trying to push forward the idea of Rebel tree system.The link above will lead you to the document

Some of skills are taken from @tryhardsqueaker comment and general feedback i got from people.The skills i have created could have been classified into more groups but i could not mash them up together.Please feel free to comment on any of the perks i have created and ignore any grammar mistakes if there is any.

I also encourage you guys to give your general feedback on this document and also use my ideas to create a better version of it if you want to.Also find out the possible drawbacks of it if any.

Please list down the possible drawbacks of each skill or mention the skill you think might be a bit more in your opinion for rebels.

EDIT: Changes will be made as we get more or better suggestions

@bamf @Gnashes @Gen. Henry Arnold

UPDATE

• Removed skill "Hunter" 
  • Added new skill tree thanks to you guys feedback
  • "Under the table" thanks to @Patato
  • "I know a guy" thanks to @frantic and yes i changed the name
  • Fixed combat medic perk 

UPDATE

• The rebel tree line is classified into three main catogaries
  • Punisher
  • Accountant
  • Combat Medic

Check them out and give me your feedback

UPDATE

• Added cool names for each class of perk           [ Let me know if you like them]
  • Corrected few mistakes here and there

Added a new possible way to earn the skills made thanks to @explicit check out his thread for more info

Things possible to do

• Will be fixing "Master of arms" SOON
  • Too many skills ey?
Edited by Silver-Spy

Combat Medic

• 20% Increase time in reviving an unconscious player

• 50% increase time in reviving an unconscious player

• 75% increase time in reviving an unconscious player

I would say lower the time decreased in reviving, 75% is stupid, that would give the attacking rebels literally no time to do a push after they got a pick for example.

-CK-, Steve, Atra and 4 others like this
Just now, Nameless said:

Combat Medic

• 20% Increase time in reviving an unconscious player

• 50% increase time in reviving an unconscious player

• 75% increase time in reviving an unconscious player

I would say lower the time decreased in reviving, 75% is stupid, that would give the attacking rebels literally no time to do a push after they got a pick for example.

20, 35, 50?

pr0digyt and Nameless like this

Here's a list I made last night in a different thread regarding possible ways to earn points (and safeguards against those who would try to exploit the system, naturally.) 

Xp rewarded for killing civilians within 500 meters of a cartel: 10 (with a limit of 20 per restart) (disallow group/gang reward)

Reward for killing warring gang members: 50 with a limit of 20 per restart (only rewarded when war points are awarded) (this would be incredibly easy for friends to exploit. Must look into. Perhaps an individual cap of 2-3 kills against the same person per restart) 

Reward for detonating a suicide vest or speed bomb: 150 limited one per restart

Reward for selling gold bar: 100 plus 60 to any nearby group members

Reward for successfully lockpicking cars: 5 with a limit of 25 per restart

Reward for selling drugs: 4 per 5k of drugs sold

Reward for killing cops: 2 each with a limit of 25 per restart

Reward of 1 per every war rating point earned.

Reward for charge of robbery: 15 with a limit of 15 per restart (perhaps make it based on the amount of $ robbed, disallow gang/group robberies.)

Reward for bank/fed robbery: 20 with a limit of 10 per restart 10 additional to the one who successfully finishes drilling into bank vault. 

Reward for prison break: 10. 20 additional if it is a success. 

Reward for selling dirty money to rebel: 25 for every 15k sold. No limit. 

Reward for harvesting organs: 30

Reward for executing someone: 5 with a limit of 20 per restart (disallow medics, gang, and group members) 

Add reward to chopping vehicles. Perhaps $2K gained at chop shop pays a 1 point reward, with bonuses for the vehicles the chop shop is looking for. 

Reward for black market production: must figure out how this will work. (Probably not gonna happen now that I have thought about it more)

I'm thinking of the same 200/2000/10000/50000 that bounty hunter has. 

The possibilities are endless. Give feedback. 

Edited by Swift F
Silver-Spy, pr0digyt, Bherky and 1 other like this

From my first 5 seconds of analysis I would prefer a talent system that doesn't get better the higher the bounty but worse. The people with the super high bounties are the people already well off- they can already be successful and escape bounty hunters and the cops with relative ease. I think it's smarter to have a system that benefits everyone across the board and then nerfs the top dogs rather than a system that benefits only the hardcore rebels that already know what they're doing. I mean, we're trying to foster new ganglife right? Idk the more I think about it the more it sounds like communism though lmao

edit: cartels still need fixing though

Edited by pr0digyt
Swift F likes this

Also, just like there's the master bounty hunter perk, add a perk in the rebel tree that you must have to gain access to the rebel talent system, perhaps even require all or 1/2 of the rebel talents to access this tree. Make players dedicate their valuable talent points to it.

Edited by Swift F
Just now, Steve said:

I guess all we need from here is a developers opinion.

I'd rather have the opportunity to go home tonight and come up with my own detailed take on a tree, how it functions, and the rationale behind how each specific talent impacts hardcore vs casual rebels before a dev makes a thread-ending comment :P

I said I was going to post my adaptation on the direction I think our wonderful developers should spend their time and energy taking if they were to pursue this project. I also said I was going to do it tonight but it's like 1 in the morning and I have a class in like 6 hours. So I didn't finish entirely, but here's what my first idea looks like represented in its first draft.

Any recommendations, criticism, or comments are welcome! 

Click here to see the proposal.

UPDATE

• Removed skill "Hunter" and "Runner"
  • Added new skill tree thanks to @Patato 
  • Under the table
  • I know a guy
  • Fixed combat medic perk 
  • Will be fixing "Master of arms" SOON
  • Trying to classify all the perks into Three main categories
  • : Punisher;Basically dealing with purchasing weapons faster drugs etc
  • Combat Medic
  • Accountant:Basically containing skills providing extra payout during transaction etc,

Added a new possible way to earn the skills made thanks to @explicit check out his thread for more info

Edited by Silver-Spy

I don't agree with a reset of points, but perhaps add the master talent for each tree, such as combat medic's 50K talent making them not require defibs on person, and reducing the cooldown between revival of players by half. Not needing defibs is something I know people would grind the fuck out of.

Not requiring defibs/50% chance bloodbags won't be used/Unlimited painkillers are a few ideas

Edited by Swift F
Silver-Spy likes this
Just now, Swift F said:

I don't agree with a reset of points, but perhaps add the master talent for each tree, such as combat medic's 50K talent making them not require defibs on person, and reducing the cooldown between revival of players by half. Not needing defibs is something I know people would grind the fuck out of.

Not requiring defibs/50% chance bloodbags won't be used/Unlimited painkillers are a few ideas

The whole system is classified into three main categories.Each category has at least 4 classes a rebel can go for except combat medic.Each class has its master talent which is the third one for every class.This give you a lot of choices to make when spending the skill points you earn and will encourage people to grind for them.Resulting in possibly more Turf/cartel fights and more Banks/Feds etc.Can you also elaborate the skills you dont like so i can make adjustments to it?.

Just now, Silver-Spy said:

The whole system is classified into three main categories.Each category has at least 4 classes a rebel can go for except combat medic.Each class has its master talent which is the third one for every class.This give you a lot of choices to make when spending the skill points you earn and will encourage people to grind for them.Resulting in possibly more Turf/cartel fights and more Banks/Feds etc.Can you also elaborate the skills you dont like so i can make adjustments to it?.

If the master talents cost 50K, I don't feel that the effects they offer are very much worth the massive price tag, if the 50K was reduced somewhat I could see it. As for the 'master' talents. The bounty hunter line, specifically the apex predator skill mastery talent, offers a big bonus.

• Perhaps adding a new NPC to rebel for mastery of accountant that allows those with the talent to buy anything from rebel without pulling cash
  • Perhaps adding a function where masters of punishers can buy an additional weapon from gun stores, or maybe add a new 'mini rebel' location that hops around the map between core cities that only those with said talent can purchase from. You could also add lockpicks to markets as another possibility.
  • And for combat medic I've already stated what I think a skill mastery talent would be worth, i.e. not requiring to have a defib in your inventory to revive someone, or maybe unlimited splints/painkillers, or 50% chance to not consume medical items in general. 

As for a point cap, I think it would be reasonable to allow people to master one tree, but not be able to have enough points to master a second, but nearly enough (maybe 2 or 3 talents short of being able to master another tree. Presents a problem with combat medic because there are fewer talents there, but I don't see why people couldn't choose to master one skill and combat medic with a few points into the third, or get master in one, and be able to get most of the way to mastery in the other (not combat medic) but not quite all the way.) Or you could just disallow the purchasing of 2 of these category mastery skills.

Edited by Swift F

The problem with your system is it will basically become what the bounty hunter system is - something takes forever to unlock and then once you do get it unlocked you basically forget it exists save for one or two standout talents. I'd much rather something that changes constantly to keep it interesting and relevant. 

Just now, pr0digyt said:

The problem with your system is it will basically become what the bounty hunter system is - something takes forever to unlock and then once you do get it unlocked you basically forget it exists save for one or two standout talents. I'd much rather something that changes constantly to keep it interesting and relevant. 

And what would you suggest that would keep changing constantly?.You do realize its not rotating illegal areas.The bounty hunter system is like th cop presitige system for corporal+.There must be always something yo grind for in any game or else why would anyone play it.

I am not trying to be rude here

And what would you suggest that would keep changing constantly?.You do realize its not rotating illegal areas.The bounty hunter system is like th cop presitige system for corporal+.There must be always something yo grind for in any game or else why would anyone play it.

I am not trying to be rude here

Bounties. The system I linked above bases the effectiveness of the talents you have on how high your bounty is. You should read it over

edit: here's the link again

Ofc more work would need to be done but I feel like that's the best way to make it so long-time rebels don't absolutely trash the new gangs like they currently do. But at the same time the idea is to encourage experienced rebels to turn themselves in more (more rp and less "I shot at you officer with my 250k bounty because I didn't know you were police and this is a BB gun and my 100 manslaughters are self defence.) Also, less time spent in jail because everyone is getting tickets/ parole more often. Furthermore, since this is dynamic in that it changes constantly it remains a constant factor in the back of your mind while playing, keeping it relevant as opposed to something like the bounty hunter system where you sort of get the talents and forget about them. Still, if you're looking for a challenge as Rebel to unlock them all, you still have to earn over like 1100 war points in a season. Could even start the first talent at 10 war points and therefore require 2000 war points but that seems excessive.

Edited by pr0digyt
-CK- likes this

@Gnashes Is it possible to have a record of war kills or is it something that was taken down.And how does the war ratting system work in general terms.

In order to determine how many war points were worth a talent I looked at the Cover Page for this website where you can see the "highest war rating of all time". I figured something below the highest of all time is where you should aim, hence the 1000ish range

edit: reread your post and what I just said is rather irrelevant, sorry

Edited by pr0digyt
13 hours ago, pr0digyt said:

Bounties. The system I linked above bases the effectiveness of the talents you have on how high your bounty is. You should read it over

edit: here's the link again

Ofc more work would need to be done but I feel like that's the best way to make it so long-time rebels don't absolutely trash the new gangs like they currently do. But at the same time the idea is to encourage experienced rebels to turn themselves in more (more rp and less "I shot at you officer with my 250k bounty because I didn't know you were police and this is a BB gun and my 100 manslaughters are self defence.) Also, less time spent in jail because everyone is getting tickets/ parole more often. Furthermore, since this is dynamic in that it changes constantly it remains a constant factor in the back of your mind while playing, keeping it relevant as opposed to something like the bounty hunter system where you sort of get the talents and forget about them. Still, if you're looking for a challenge as Rebel to unlock them all, you still have to earn over like 1100 war points in a season. Could even start the first talent at 10 war points and therefore require 2000 war points but that seems excessive.

Having a low bounty in order to enjoy rebel perks seems so backwards to me. 

bum41 likes this
Just now, pr0digyt said:

In order to determine how many war points were worth a talent I looked at the Cover Page for this website where you can see the "highest war rating of all time". I figured something below the highest of all time is where you should aim, hence the 1000ish range

edit: reread your post and what I just said is rather irrelevant, sorry

I am finding more possible ways to earn skill points for the rebel tree.I haven't mentioned how many skills you would need to do what or you would need X amount of bounty to gain X skills.I am leaving with multiple possibilities for the devs so they can decide for themselves which is more possible and at the same time not exploitable etc.