Current state of the Federal Reserve.

@Gnashes

@bamf

A constructive suggestion.

INITIAL DATA

1) Yes i know the fed is a risky rebel activity that will cause some rebels to die.

2) Yes i know the fed is designed for both the cops and rebels to have fun.

3) Yes i know that the fed should not be easy for either side (it should tip in favor of the rebels otherwise they will not attempt it if they lose every time...i think cops will agree with this).

4) Yes i know that money is supposed to be hard on Asylum (this is one of the main issues that people dont enjoy/transferred servers/quit playing on Asylum that i have talked to).

SITUATION.

The fed is currently dead. I have had a few groups together to try and do it lately. A group of at least 8 rebels minimum is needed to achieve this. This is hard as there are either not enough cops on the server to do it..servers 2-4 or enough cops to nearly triple the amount of rebels attempting the fed...server 1. It is not that often that a full set of bars is ready to be robbed at the fed with time to get them out to rebel. Given the time and circumstances a few loadouts will be lost on the rebels side. This is an obvious risk going in but it shouldnt cost you nearly half of your cut. The current payout to cost ratio of the fed makes it a rather inviable option for rebels to even attempt. Such a risky and time consuming activity should pay much more then it does currently.

NUMBERS

This calculation is going to be based on MAXIMUM bars spawning, getting ALL the bars safely to rebel, and the MINIMUM amount of players suggested to do the fed.

1000(inventory) / 64(gold bar) = 15 gold bars

15(gold bars) x $32,500(price of gold bar) = $487,500(payout)

$487,500(payout) / 8(minimum rebels) = $61,000(individual payout)

Rebel Loadout = ~$30,000

TIMELINE OF FED UPDATES (may not be in correct order but you get the point)

1) Fed spawns bars to fill >1000 inventory

2) Payout/Cost deemed too high therefore deerstands removed

3) Swat created with numerous ladders

4) Number of Swat ladders deemed too high therefore Swat only spawns with 1 ladder

5) Payout/Cost deemed too high therefore limited bars spawn in fed

6) Update allows cops to use vans as ladders

CORRECTION/SUGGESTION

If rebels are going to continue doing the fed in the current state there must be a change. These are some suggestions. Each bullet point is a single "and" statement. I am not suggesting that you implement each of these bullets as they are "or" statements between bullets.

• Increase the number of gold bars that spawn and decrease bar weight value
  • Place all the deerstands back into the fed
  • Have 15 bars spawn in the fed at the beginning of the server restart and then increase amount based on a time increment until the next restart and decrease bar weight value
  • Do not allow cops to use more then one "ladder" option during a fed

I am sure the others will have ideas but i figured instead of you hearing people just complain without a solution wouldnt get anything done.

Please keep this thread civil for all you rats out there. I would like to actually see something done with this so keep the comments on topic. @Rodrigo will you help keep an eye on this please

Thank you for your time,

-Rogue

Cliff., Azeh, M^Chief and 20 others like this

8 people on server 1 hahahaha. That server has like 25 cops on, gonna need at least a full group. Fed is way to difficult right now and the Devs seem to think "fun times" pays for my load outs. I honestly don't understand why the fed can not be a money making option for large gangs. If the payout was around 1mil everyone could get a decent cut and pay for loadouts lost at arms that day. 

Glass of Water and Google™ like this
Just now, RoguePilot said:
  • Increase the number of gold bars that spawn and decrease bar weight value
  • Place all the deerstands back into the fed
  • Have 15 bars spawn in the fed at the beginning of the server restart and then increase amount based on a time increment until the next restart and decrease bar weight value

Pick 1, not every fucking option that would make the fed OP for rebels. And, they are not decreasing the gold bar weight.

Edited by Maric

Hey there buddy @Maric...if you would please read what I wrote entirely before making a rash comment that would be appreciated. I literally say directly before that list that all of them shouldn't be implemented but rather one of the bullets. Thanks. 

Hey there buddy, [Insert passive aggressive remark].

Rebel Loadout = ~$30,000

I got to here before I stopped reading. It's people's choice to buy a MK1, Pilots/CSATs, full medical, etc. 60k for 30-40 minutes of work seems pretty fucking good compared to every other method of making money. Based on your calculations, this is the most profitable way to make money for the time spent. Thus, the best way to make money should be the most risky, hence all the disadvantages rebels should and do have. 

Just now, Maric said:

I got to here before I stopped reading. It's people's choice to buy a MK1, Pilots/CSATs, full medical, etc. 60k for 30-40 minutes of work seems pretty fucking good compared to every other method of making money. Based on your calculations, this is the most profitable way to make money for the time spent. Thus, the best way to make money should be the most risky, hence all the disadvantages rebels should and do have. 

I bet you're really fun at parties. It's pretty apparent you have never done a fed, it takes much longer than 30-40 minutes.

edit: Although it may not contribute to payout directly, you should include actually how much time it takes to complete one fed. Grabbing all the gold bars, the setup process prior to even robbing it, and then driving to rebel and selling and dividing the cash. Due to this, the payout is even worse if you compare it to something direct like meth making. If the fed was something risky, but you actually could get out rather fast it'd be more worth doing.

Edited by hamsham12
Squirtle and Google™ like this
3 hours ago, tryhardsqueaker said:

8 people on server 1 hahahaha. That server has like 25 cops on, gonna need at least a full group. Fed is way to difficult right now and the Devs seem to think "fun times" pays for my load outs. I honestly don't understand why the fed can not be a money making option for large gangs. If the payout was around 1mil everyone could get a decent cut and pay for loadouts lost at arms that day. 

I personally think the fed should even be more rewarding then that, maybe not by much. 1.2 mil?

When I first started playing Asylum I thought one day I will rob the fed with my friends. Which I did but I was frankly expecting it to be far more rewarding then it was. If the fed had gave A LOT of money, more people would be doing them more often. As a direct result of that I think more cops would play because it's fun to catch the rebels with 300k+ bounties. I barely ever see a gang do a fed on Asylum anymore other than nexus.

People use to do real feds everyday sometimes 3-5 times day. I'd love to see that again.

Edit: while I do actually realize that the fed was not as rewarding a year or 2 ago and gangs did them anyways, bare in mind that there were other ways to make money off of combat. You could hold cartels for a week and make millions. (pre 6.0 they auto-payed not this fridge bs). You could protect your drug runners and not have to pick up from drug every 10 minutes.  You could also run meth all day every day and the price wouldn't go down because their was no dynamic market pre 6.0.

Edited by Steve
Squirtle and Rogue like this
Just now, Maric said:

Oh look the same stupid hurr durr loadouts are cheap if you buy shit gear

Rogue, Shepurd, Google™ and 3 others like this
Just now, Maric said:

Im gonna pretend I didnt read this and you should pretend you didnt write it. 

@RoguePilotI agree with you that vans should not be used as ladders. Probably an unpopular opinion but swat ladders are more than enough.

However before the implementation of vans, rebels would bug swat by placing 1 man in fed before dropping in minutes later with a full orca. This means we don't get a ladder or the opportunity to spawn in as swat. A new apd policy could be implemented where the only way you can use vans as ladders is if groups purposely bug swat at a bank or fed.

Edited by iBacon

@iBacon I have nothing against the vans being used as ladders. Frankly I don't believe that with the devs and support team being 100% okay with them being used as ladders that they will be removed. I just think that a change needs to be made to the fed now more then ever as it was already fairly broken in terms of payout to risk ratio. We had multiple swat ladders once and it didn't work out well even when gang life was active. There needs to be more reward or less risk. In its current state it will sit like the prison on the salt flats...untouched.

29 minutes ago, RoguePilot said:

Have 15 bars spawn in the fed at the beginning of the server restart and then increase amount based on a time increment until the next restart and decrease bar weight value

This is honestly something that is super important. Every time the server restarts, the bank and fed completely empty and takes ages to fill up enough to make them worth doing. Also, I'm not sure if this is still true or not, but I'm pretty sure the prison has a 45 minute timer after restarts before anyone can start it.

All this does is make the server more dead than it already is after restarts. If the timer on the prison was removed(assuming that's still a thing), and the money/bars was at least 75% full in both the fed and bank, there would actually be something rebels can go and do against cops after a restart that's actually fun and worth doing.

Squirtle, HomeTrlx, PeytonCx and 1 other like this
2 hours ago, Maric said:

60k for 40 mins is not good money, especially not with that risk, LOL. Running coke with proper turfs and cartels in a 100 person server is more efficient than that

TRYHARD and PeytonCx like this

i have attempted 3 feds after the van has been added. two on server one and one on server four. all of them were done with eleven people. every time i have seen the swat ladder placed down and then in excess of five vans driven up to the fed and used as ladders. that is why i made this constructive post. we tried this once. it didnt work. it would just be like as if we had returned all the deer stands to the fed. it just doesnt work.  why revisit something we removed that was deemed not to work. this is literally negative progress on an already struggling cop/rebel activity list.

@Gen. Henry Arnold

Edited by RoguePilot