My Statement 

Ive been a part of this community for some time and I thought I would bring to you guys a pretty good suggestion that may breathe some new life into the rebel community. Also before I get into what I will be talking about im asking you guys to please critique my idea its just a baseline for what im thinking not a final product 

Weekly Rebel Events

I think personally for me right now and probably for many others rebel life is getting pretty stale and we need more things to do.The reason I think its getting boring is because alot of the competitive edge has been taken away from rebel life most gangs consist with ethier skilled rebels or not skilled rebels and this deters new players from comeing and fighting I think if you add some kind of weekly event system this might make more people want to fight run drugs or just fuck about in Kav   

Weekly Events ideas

what gang/player can run the most drugs? 
prize 100k

what gang/player can get the most kills?
prize ifrit 

what gang/player can do the most successful fed/bank/prisons?
prize orca 

what gang/player can have the highest bounty?
prize 200k (if gang it would be a combined bounty)

what gang/player can cap the most cartels?
prize 2 ifrits 
what gang/player can cap the most turfs?  
prize 100k
These prizes would be spread throughout your gang depending on the event 
Lastly 
I know this will take some development to put in place but I have 100% faith that Bamf and Gnashes would be able to find a way to do it. Maybe we can see it in 8.0.4 
Edited by SafeMode
skrood, Buck, G.O.A.T and 3 others like this
Just now, tryhardsqueaker said:

Or they could just take gov tax out of rebel, lower the "on demand" price of weapons and vehicles, and have money go straight to gang bank while keeping the cartel money values the same. 

But Im sure there's a career cop somewhere that will tell me the current system is fine and gang life is alive. 

Yeah but you know as well as I do they wont do that. This will atleast give us something to do 

Or they could just take gov tax out of rebel, lower the "on demand" price of weapons and vehicles, and have money go straight to gang bank while keeping the cartel money values the same. 

But Im sure there's a career cop somewhere that will tell me the current system is fine and gang life is alive. 

The current system is fine and gang life is alive. :frog:

Edited by BlackBlade
iBacon and Kev 23 like this

If you need to be singled out every week for being a special snowflake then how do you think the rest of the community would re-act when they never

get the reward due to a bunch of sweaty fucks who don't log off.

You almost had a good concept with weekly events like maybe a Rebel vs Civ patrol every friday night, or every Saturday Night the Bank pays out double

Something just to switch shit up till a real patch with some new content comes around. All asylum needs is some content to bring people back and then show those

people that their servers are possibly stable now.

Edited by Sugarfoot
Kev 23, fatcow, PeytonCx and 1 other like this
Just now, Sugarfoot said:

If you need to be singled out every week for being a special snowflake then how do you think the rest of the community would re-act when they never

get the reward due to a bunch of sweaty fucks who don't log off.

You almost had a good concept with weekly events like maybe a Rebel vs Civ patrol every friday night, or every Saturday Night the Bank pays out double

Something just to switch shit up till a real patch with some new content comes around. All asylum needs is some content to bring people back and then show those

people that their servers are possibly stable now.

I totally see where your coming from but I also think these events shouldnt just be skill based events so everyone has a fair shot at them. thats also why I think some of these should be gang based events so that you dont see some sweaty nerd just siting at the top of the leader boards.

Also I do think it would be a great idea to implement both of your ideas if possible

fatcow likes this

Gang life is fine, nothing wrong with the current system

Just now, SafeMode said:

I totally see where your coming from but I also think these events shouldnt just be skill based events so everyone has a fair shot at them. thats also why I think some of these should be gang based events so that you dont see some sweaty nerd just siting at the top of the leader boards.

Also I do think it would be a great idea to implement both of your ideas if possible

You are too new to understand why it won't work:

1. Gang Kills: People will make gangs and trade kills for their own members or sell kills to other members. Back when I was in a gang called Valorous they sold them selves as war kills to some guy in Telos and got him Warlord in a half an hour. 

2. Bounty: A guy with a large bounty can log in somewhere ridiculous and do absolutely nothing and make him self 200k without playing. Imagine a career cop who can continously do this.

3. Turfs / Cartels: Rewarding a bunch of people who afk cap during the days all week long is disgusting. Thats how the whole fucking star bull shit system worked when all those sweaty fucks afk capped and got rewarded for it. It doesn't belong and this isn't without even diving into the whole Turf House thing that shouldnt exist. Some gang that has amillion houses should never lose rodopoli which means a random guy doesn't have the same chance - and it no longer is a good update for them meaning its pointless.

4. Feds/Banks/Prisons : I can see this idea being cool. Whatever gang completes the most in a certain category could get paid something like 200 or 300k to the gang bank, and you could seperate the categories.

#4 would be a great idea, the rest would be abused. With that being said the only way I can see this working is if there is an event indicator with a radius whenever an event completes and gives credit. If thats the case then we would also need a statistic to track that would need to be wiped at the end of every week meaning new scripts to run. This would cause a problem for two reasons:

- It wouldn't count for people who are on unreachable / Sharking / in a helicoptor. It would also probably cause a shit ton of unforseen lag.

So that leaves it unfortunately with nothing working out the way we want it.

I just see a large group of people lining up for one person to kill and execute them for the bounty prize. 

I see a ton of no life's running meth out the ass for 100k

I see 4 sdar bangers spread out and cap every single cartel at the same time for 2 ifrits. 

I see a lot of turf rats camping in a 40k till rodo and panagia pop.

The bank and fed thing is a good idea like @Sugarfoot said but everything else can be exploited out the ass except the drug running thingy.

You are too new to understand why it won't work:

1. Gang Kills: People will make gangs and trade kills for their own members or sell kills to other members. Back when I was in a gang called Valorous they sold them selves as war kills to some guy in Telos and got him Warlord in a half an hour. 

2. Bounty: A guy with a large bounty can log in somewhere ridiculous and do absolutely nothing and make him self 200k without playing. Imagine a career cop who can continously do this.

3. Turfs / Cartels: Rewarding a bunch of people who afk cap during the days all week long is disgusting. Thats how the whole fucking star bull shit system worked when all those sweaty fucks afk capped and got rewarded for it. It doesn't belong and this isn't without even diving into the whole Turf House thing that shouldnt exist. Some gang that has amillion houses should never lose rodopoli which means a random guy doesn't have the same chance - and it no longer is a good update for them meaning its pointless.

4. Feds/Banks/Prisons : I can see this idea being cool. Whatever gang completes the most in a certain category could get paid something like 200 or 300k to the gang bank, and you could seperate the categories.

#4 would be a great idea, the rest would be abused. With that being said the only way I can see this working is if there is an event indicator with a radius whenever an event completes and gives credit. If thats the case then we would also need a statistic to track that would need to be wiped at the end of every week meaning new scripts to run. This would cause a problem for two reasons:

- It wouldn't count for people who are on unreachable / Sharking / in a helicoptor. It would also probably cause a shit ton of unforseen lag.

So that leaves it unfortunately with nothing working out the way we want it.

Like I said please critique but yes i remember people on s5 who would sell war kills yes i know some retard may blow him self up alot to raise  his bounty its all about balancing im not asking for the rewards to be outrageous but if you can abuse something someone in this community will find a way to use it in there favor and yes its disgusting and its a wasnt of hours of your own time and i would hope no one would do that shit 

Edited by SafeMode
Just now, SafeMode said:

Like I said please critique but yes i remember people on s5 who would sell war kills yes i know some retard may blow him self up alot to raise  his bounty its all about balancing im not asking for the rewards to be outrageous but if you can abuse something someone in this community will find a way to use it in there favor and yes its disgusting and its a wasnt of hours of your own time and i would hope no one would do that shit 

Its not that I can, its that it will be.

It sucks but there has been a counter to every statement above when they tried all of this before.

fatcow likes this

Its not that I can, its that it will be.

It sucks but there has been a counter to every statement above when they tried all of this before.

no bro i get it people will just abuse alot of whats up there but its just a baseline and if people suggest better ideas or even build on it we could maybe see some kind of weekly event in the future that would keep us busy 

btw i didnt mean to high light that for emphasis I accidentally did that lel 

Gatorade likes this
Just now, Mayhem said:

Like how some admins did Swat vs Rebels or APD transport vehicles where all civilians can participate and it was a KOS event. You collect the HEMMT full of gold bars and gear or something. 

yeah i remember doing an event similar to this quite some time ago 

Just now, SafeMode said:

You're probably one of those people that think everyone deserves a trophy just for participating. 

Just now, Tusken Raider said:

Aren't you the guy that paid google to edit a video to put someone in bad light?

"paid" google to "put some one in bad light"

1. didnt pay him

2. all that shit came out of his mouth

3. your still  brain dead

Edited by SafeMode
Just now, Mayhem said:

Like how some admins did Swat vs Rebels or APD transport vehicles where all civilians can participate and it was a KOS event. You collect the HEMMT full of gold bars and gear or something. 

Even something as simple as this would spice things up quite a bit. Or even like a event where cops hold out in a designated area and rebels and civilians would have to kill the cops to get to the middle and steal the HEMMT or provide their own vehicle and load things up from a crate. While still having to worry about the other civs/rebels due to the temporary KOS zone 

SafeMode and Mayhem like this