Asylum Altis Life=School Bus Window Licker

I'm just gonna start this rant/feedback with the following statement. This is my opinion of Asylum admins, APD higher-ups and general window lickers.

I used to play on Asylum three years ago when I first got Arma 3. My first experience of the Asylum servers was spamming enter just trying to get in because all 4 servers were full. Once I was in I was greeted by a young British window licker that said "BeefPatty... BeefPatty... BeefPatty, hands up or be die! I want your monies." This young boy could not have been over the age of 14, as his voice was still cracking and breaking up as he was shrieking his demands at me. I immediately started to run in circles and try to juke him out. As I'm trying to avoid this window licker heart starts beating and my palms get sweaty at the idea of losing this child amidst all the buildings in Kavala so I could then shit talk him in chat about how piss poor of a shot he is. As we are running through the back alleys and streets of Kavala I lose him somewhere near the hospital. I then open up chat and begin to type a message. Next thing I know I'm being shot and I got down because some how this Kavala rat found me. He then restrains me, and whisks me away into a building and tells me that I'm going to be his sex slave and that he and his friends are going to gang bang me and leave me behind a dumpster when they were finished. I was thinking to myself what type of server did I just join, a few minutes pass and more window lickers arrive in a car outside. They all come in screaming that I am about to be raped and no one will hear me or can help me. So as 3 young children proceed to RP rape me I'm sitting at my computer speechless and slightly intrigued that an Arma server has RP like this. Although it may have not been the RP that I was looking for I could only this to myself that if children acted like this, what would older teens/adults do? 1st experience was exhilarating and fun, not because I like to be kidnapped by children in my first 5 minutes in the server but because it was interesting and hilariously disturbing.

My 1st run in with the police was when my buddy and I were running cocaine later that same day and we were on our way to process it and we get pulled over. Both cops get out of their car and RP walk up to our car and ask my friend for his license and registration. My friend not knowing what to do gets out of the car, and of course his pistol his out but the Officers remain calm and simply order him to holster his pistol and to place his hands on his head for their safety as he had just jumped out of the car with a pistol in his hands. He complies, however the cops didn't restrain him. They had him leave his hands on his head as they RP searched for his wallet and he said the registration was in the glove box. So the 2nd officer asks me if I can lower the window and give him in the registration card. I RP roll the window down and open the glove box hand him the registration. The officer then walks back to his patrol car and gets in as the other officer is still talking to my friend. There is a few moments of silence as I assume they are talking in TS. The officer that I had handed the "registration" to comes back up to my window and asks me to get out of the vehicle. I comply and get out of the car, he then tells my and my friend that we are under arrest for being in possession of a stolen vehicle. I was shocked at this point as I didn't know we were in a stolen car(found out later my friend failed to mention he stole the Offroad that we were using). The cops then say they are gonna search the vehicle and then search us and off course they find out that we have cocaine one us. At this point I think I'm fucked as I just spent all my money on a backpack and a gun and I'm gonna go to jail and lose it all. They impound the Offroad we were using, place us both in their car and take use to the nearest HQ. Then they tell us that I'm going to be charged with Possession of Cocaine and that my friend is going to be charged with Grand Theft and Possession of Cocaine. They asked us to explain why we had a stolen vehicle and why we were trying to run Cocaine. We explain that we were new to the game and heard that this is the best way to make money. The officers must have sympathized with us because they were once new to the game as well, they told us they weren't going to give us a ticket and that they were gonna lest us to. Once they had pardoned us and unrestrained us one of them asked us to walk over to him. He then proceeded to give both of us 100k cash(100k then equals 10k now) and told us to stay out of trouble and that they had better not see us again unless we are the victims of a crime. This was fucking awesome, hands down to this day still the best RP and experience I've had with the cops.

Now that I've given you a little back story I want to get to the real reason I'm making this post. Asylum really does remind me of that kid everyone would stare at on the bus as he licked the window up and down, drool running down his chin and onto his striped polo shirt in elementary school. I'm aware the server is a lite RP server and that is fine. However, I feel like there is very little to no RP at all anymore. I play on server 1 and I would be hard pressed to get on right now and find someone, including cops, to RP with.

While I'm talking about RP, no one seems to even initiate on you anymore seeing as if you RDM someone now it is anywhere from a 3hr-1 day ban even if they are repeat offenders. By the off chance they do get banned for longer then that all they do is submit a ban appeal, even though they were caught red handed by an admin, and get unbanned in 2hrs because they whine to an admin about how they won't do it again and all they wanna do is play the game. This process is repeated over and over every single day. I submit video evidence of someone RDMing me, they get a 3 day ban but I see them back on the server a few hours later? Really? That's the best an Asylum admin can do? I can understand if it is someones first ban ever and they didn't know the rules but people that are repeat offenders get let off the hook just as easily and its fucking insane. 70% of the people that get unbanned immediately join the server and get in chat and brag to you about how they just got unbanned because " the admin is my friend. get rekt shitter". Shit like this shouldn't happen but it sure does and any admin that denies that they don't do this or haven't done it at least once is lying to you.

Cops, don't we all just love them. I am a member of the APD and let me tell you what. I agree with Aleec Spazeed, it is one of the most grotty gangs I've ever played with. SGTs and LTs hold briefings and have everyone line up at Kavala HQ and tell everyone some bullshit reason they as to why they are having this briefing as you if you have any questions, which no one ever does, just so they get "points" for their monthly activity quota. APD higher ups consistently deny legitimate higher up requests. Higher ups also sit in an officer channel in TS instead of mingling and talking with their Constables and Corporals. I understand that we can get annoying as constables but that is no reason to 100% ignore us all the time. While on the topic of APD higher ups I'd also like to address the fact that Captains that are now admins have said to my face when they violate my civilian rights that, "we can "bend" they rules since we wrote them". I'm not sure about everyone else's take on this but what is the point to have rules that APD higher ups (mainly Captains/retried Captains) can just blatently and without regard to a civilians rights just ignore the rules or "bend" them? Constables look up to higher ups and if they don't follow the rules why should the constable? That just my take on that issue, would love to know what you guys think. One last thing needs to be said about the APD, they don't seem to promote simply based on merit and being a good cop and following the rules. It seems like 50% or more of promotions are because someone "knee padded" their way up the ranks. If this is true which I know in part that it is what is the point in even trying to get promoted the traditional way? Like I said before unless you get good in with a SGT or an LT and get in a channel with them on a daily basis they won't have a fucking clue who you are. I for one will never participate in the amount of corruption that is the promotion process. I'm not talking about all APD higher ups, if you are a good higher up you know who you are and you know you have worked hard to get to where you are.

Lastly, I'd like to talk about the health of the community. 3 years ago all 4 servers would be full at all times of the day. I understand some people take long breaks from the game and some just quit. However, since February I've seen a huge decline in player activity and now we can barely get 2 servers full. I believe that the decline in players and activity is due to all the reasons I've ranted about above and because gang life is simply dead. The Devs release updates that hardly adds any new content. I won't go into what they should release because there are multiple treads about that but, what I will say is the Devs just aren't active enough to keep the community thriving. The current Devs obviously don't have the drive that they used to do. It's time for them to either get to work or retire and let someone else do their job. The server owner could care less about what happens to this community and its so obvious. Everyone just seems tired of it, including admins. In my opinion we need new blood in almost all of the admin positions and new devs to bring it back to it's former glory because of right now Asylum is a shadow of its former self. Thank you for reading this if you have read this far. Like I said this is just my opinion. 

Just now, BeefPatty said:

*insert whole post*

Thank you for having the balls to say what most of us won't to the higher up's faces. I can't claim to cite experience, but really does seem like knee-padding is the way to go if you want a promotion. For instance, I can't even count the number of times I've heard other constables purposefully say they're changing channels to find one with a higher up in it to get in good with them. I can't agree more about the higher ups on certain servers sitting in channels hanging out only with other higher ups (and the one or two kneepadding constables). I get that a lot of constables are annoying, but if you avoid the masses all you're going to get is the cops that purposefully follow you to your channel. (Thereby you end up promoting the scumbags). Just my two cents.

BeefPatty and user223e9d like this
Just now, pr0digyt said:

Thank you for having the balls to say what most of us won't to the higher up's faces. I can't claim to cite experience, but really does seem like knee-padding is the way to go if you want a promotion. For instance, I can't even count the number of times I've heard other constables purposefully say they're changing channels to find one with a higher up in it to get in good with them. I can't agree more about the higher ups on certain servers sitting in channels hanging out only with other higher ups (and the one or two kneepadding constables). I get that a lot of constables are annoying, but if you avoid the masses all you're going to get is the cops that purposefully follow you to your channel. (Thereby you end up promoting the scumbags). Just my two cents.

I'm just trying to be as real as possible. The APD is corrupt as hell and it is so sad that I have to actually have to "knee pad" if I want a promotion. I'm not a perfect cop and I'm not trying to say I want or deserve a promotion. I just hate how some people get promoted because they have been giving a SGT or LT head all month.

@BeefPatty A good narrative of the state of Asylum, I do agree on some points. However, I feel you hit the nail on the head regarding the APD. I haven't bothered going for a promotion beyond Constable over the years simply because I feel it's an unorganized group with an even more unorganized sense of code and conduct. I've been in situations with no higher up support or blatant "boot-licking" where newly promoted officers abandon their responsibilities. I'll show up to show new cadets the best way to have fun and have the least amount of a toxic experience. Other than that, the police force has too many cops incapable in being objective, competent or team oriented. Four years on the force and I've only seen a handful of officers demonstrate these qualities and more. 

The only remedy atm is basically rolling with cops you have good chemistry with and higher ups whom you can tolerate/respect. 

Edited by Cobra

I'm just trying to be as real as possible. The APD is corrupt as hell and it is so sad that I have to actually have to "knee pad" if I want a promotion. I'm not a perfect cop and I'm not trying to say I want or deserve a promotion. I just hate how some people get promoted because they have been giving a SGT or LT head all month.

You mirror my thoughts exactly. I find it furthermore interesting that despite rampant robocopping by a lot of the lower ranks, no higher ups step to stop it. I've watched countless high bounties be processed by some constable with a sgt+ next to them with some pretty good roleplay considering how many charges they have to explain and still watch as they are issued an almost full ticket after like half an hour. Boys, STEP IN and tell them to be more lenient. Just because you got robocopped on civ that one time doesn't mean you have to do the same. When I watch a higher up let someone get robocopped for a high bounty, your desire for money is showing through as well.

Edited by pr0digyt
Cliff., skrood and BeefPatty like this
Just now, pr0digyt said:

You mirror my thoughts exactly. I find it furthermore interesting that despite rampant robocopping by a lot of the lower ranks, no higher ups step to stop it. I've watched countless high bounties be processed by some constable with a sgt+ next to them with some pretty good roleplay considering how many charges they have to explain and still watch as they are issued an almost full ticket after like half an hour. Boys, STEP IN and tell them to be more lenient. Just because you got robocopped on civ that one time doesn't mean you have to do the same.

^^^ so fucking true dude. They litterally stand they and watch you get robo copped and do fucking nothing. I even ask them if they are gonna do anything. Most just ignore me.

Edited by BeefPatty
spelling
pr0digyt likes this

If you can even get in a channel with a higher up that doesn't immediately swap channels or move you out.

Again, I joined the APD when we had ZERO higher-up support. If anything it taught me to make better approaches towards civs/rebels/bounty hunters. Always having a battle buddy or reporting your position prior to making a move helps streamline the response of fellow officers. No higher-up "wisdom" required, just simple communication and common sense circumnavigates the higher-up role. Only for rare toxic scenarios would I need a higher-up, but record and report does just fine. Our main duty is to DEESCALATE situations with our words, not weapons. Anyone who's been on the force long enough knows this and applies this when on duty to avoid stress. 

Edited by Cobra
Just now, Cobra said:

Again, I joined the APD when we ZERO higher-up support. If anything it taught me to make better approaches towards civs/rebels/bounty hunters. Always having a battle buddy or reporting your position prior to making a move helps streamline the response of fellow officers. No higher-up "wisdom" required, just simple communication and common sense circumnavigates the higher-up role. Only for rare toxic scenarios would I need a higher-up, but record and report does just fine. Our main duty is to DEESCALATE situations with our words, not weapons. Anyone who's been on the force long enough knows this and applies this when on duty to avoid stress. 

I see your point. Although now since the APD accepts everyone most constables just remind me of a window licker, and I'm not talking about all constables. You know who you are if you do your best to be fair to civs and perform your other cop duties. 

Cliff. likes this

^^^ so fucking true dude. They litterally stand they and what you get robo copped and do fucking nothing. I even ask them if they are gonna do anything. Most just ignore me.

Unfortunately robo copping , isn't against APD guidelines, only fail RP is , but theoretically if you explain your charges fully to an officer, and he says "I don't believe you" and gives you a full ticket, there would be no breach in conduct on the officers behalf, is it found upon.... yes, regardless it still unfortunately happens

Edited by Xavorey

I see your point. Although now since the APD accepts everyone most constables just remind me of a window licker, and I'm not talking about all constables. You know who you are if you do your best to be fair to civs and perform your other cop duties. 

Seems like you're referring to a quantity over quality issue. You already know it, if you take enough mock ride-alongs you'll eventually pass through trial and error before the actual ride-along test. We've all seen it, some window licker cadet who gets Constable and 3 months later was a cannidate for SGT. 

Image result for officer doofy

Just now, Xavorey said:

Unfortunately robo copping , isn't against APD guidelines, only fail RP is , but theoretically if you explain your charges fully to an officer, and he says "I don't believe you" and gives you a full ticket, there would be no breach in conduct on the officers behalf 

Robocopping = fail RP

EDIT: and if there's any variation where that isn't true, we need an immediate policy change.

Edited by pr0digyt
BeefPatty likes this
Just now, Xavorey said:

Unfortunately robo copping , isn't against APD guidelines, only fail RP is , but theoretically if you explain your charges fully to an officer, and he says "I don't believe you" and gives you a full ticket, there would be no breach in conduct on the officers behalf 

I'm aware that robo copping isn't against any guidelines. However, being a dick to civs for no damn reason only drives a wedge between cops and the civs. If I try to RP with you and give you a really good story about why I have those charges I'd expect at least a small reduction. I'm not looking for a half ticket or pardon unless I'm actually innocent and have a good story. I just want cops to actually listen to my story and engage with me in the story instead of just saying "yeah.... uh huh... yup... okay well I'm gonna issue your a full ticket now."

Just now, Cobra said:

Seems like you're referring to a quantity over quality issue. You already know it, if you take enough mock ride-alongs you'll eventually pass through trial and error before the actual ride-along test. We've all seen it, some window licker cadet who gets Constable and 3 months later was a cannidate for SGT. 

That is exactly what I'm talking about. Dude, I'm dying laughing right now because what you said is the truth.

Just now, tryhardsqueaker said:

If I RP everything out and give you a full ticket it is not fail RP. No where in the guidebook does it state you must reduce tickets. Ever.

If you RP a good reason for why you don't believe the story, like finding holes or contradictions, or within RP can find a good reason it's fine. But saying "I don't believe you" should NOT be enough justification for a full ticket.

Just now, tryhardsqueaker said:

If I RP everything out and give you a full ticket it is not fail RP. No where in the guidebook does it state you must reduce tickets. Ever.

No it doesn't say you need to give reduced tickets. I will agree in some situations even if someone does try to RP with you and they have been on a cop killing spree and you catch them and take them in. They should be given a full ticket and if not a full ticket their story must be fucking great. People that have the attitude of just never giving someone a break is whats wrong with the APD constables. Sometimes people have great stories and should be heard before you just ignore their story and jerk off at your PC while they are talking to you. Most constables don't even listen, that is one of my main problems.

That is exactly what I'm talking about. Dude, I'm dying laughing right now because what you said is the truth.

Fours years my man, it hasn't changed, just the same ol' shit and some upstart wags their finger at us about proper APD ethics. Sure we acknowledge what they're saying, but most of us know it's just some policy mandate they are required to tell us to cover their ass for the inevitable fuck-up that leads to an IA report that gets the rest of us a long lecture about the proper use of "your voice and lethals" 

Just now, Xavorey said:

We can't micromanage every cop, processing every individual, on the entire server, and make sure everyone is rewarding good RP with fair ticket reductions

I'm not asking you to. But when higher ups are literally standing there listening to the story, some constable tries to robocop the shit out of them. It's crazy the shit people are getting away with when a higher up is RIGHT next to them. It's like it's a silent agreement that it's ok.

Just now, pr0digyt said:

I'm not asking you to. But when higher ups are literally standing there listening to the story, some constable tries to robocop the shit out of them. It's crazy the shit people are getting away with when a higher up is RIGHT next to them. It's like it's a silent agreement that it's ok.

Well I can only speak for my self, but there is no way in hell I would let that fly. 

Cliff. and Jake like this
Just now, Xavorey said:

We can't micromanage every cop, processing every individual, on the entire server, and make sure everyone is rewarding good RP with fair ticket reductions @pr0digyt

@Xavorey I wouldn't expect you do be able to do that either, we are all here to have fun. However, when you guys sit in channels for hours upon hours and just ignore us constables when we actually need you its so annoying. I'm not specifically talking about you either because I don't know if you do or not but you have to a least understand what I'm saying.

Ill explain me: I have class (UNI) usually for about 5-8 hours a day, so I sit in support when I'm not at my computer or doing other things, to answer questions people might have, other then that, I'm down in one of the P3 channels, you say " ignoring us constables" , so during my time as a SGT, I've never had a constable message me and ask for help other than a quick Q, Constables should know that if they have any question, message a SGT+ on TS and 99% of us will respond. Perhaps the issue you face is SGT+ not showing their face enough in game, but from my perspective there is usually a higher up around. @BeefPatty

Edited by Xavorey
Jake likes this
Just now, Xavorey said:

Ill explain me: I have class (UNI) usually for about 5-8 hours a day, so I sit in support when I'm not at my computer or doing other things, to answer questions people might have, other then that, I'm down in one of the P3 channels, you say " ignoring us constables" , so during my time as a SGT, I've never had a constable message me and ask for help, Constables should know that if they have any question, message a SGT+ on TS and 99% of us will respond. Perhaps the issue you face is SGT+ not showing their face enough in game, but from my perspective there is usually a higher up around. @BeefPatty

@Xavorey I think its funny you say SGT+ and that most of you reply 99% of the time. Two nights ago I did an experiment. I jumped into the Police Support for Civillians channel in TS and I put LT+ in my name. When I first joined there were at least 6 LTs that I could see. I waited 30 mins and messaged two of them. Long story short I sat in that channel for 4 &1/2 hours and didn't get moved or messaged asking what I needed. 

Just now, Mitch (IFRIT) said:

Beef, this is not aimed at you. But it is a general idea 

@Mitch (IFRIT)Really?You can see we are all clearly having a good debate about what I said. I wanted to know what the community thought about the issues I brought up and you come in here with that shit. No one is calling other people names, this is a good clean debate and you are like the window licker on the bus that just has to scream and droll at the top of his lungs just so everyone looks at him. ** NOT DIRECTED AT YOU MITCH**

Edited by BeefPatty
tag
thero, Bherky, smellypig and 3 others like this