Asylum Altis Life=School Bus Window Licker

Wow, this thread became a warzone. Before it gets locked I'd like to say this:

In regards to the APD stuff, I just want to clarify that I, speaking for myself at least, was not calling out every single higher up. In fact, I'd say most of the ones that posted in this thread I would consider more desirable cops than most. However, there are certain people that should know who they are when reading my posts. I'm addressing THOSE cops. If you're not sure if I'm talking about you, I'm probably not and you're probably fine. 

To close off this wonderful post, @Xehons https://tinyurl.com/xehonsbirthdaygift

Just now, Xavorey said:

my take on robo copping is when I started with a 125k bounty and after 20 min of rping my charges, get it reduced to 120. Thats not ok, but its allowed, thats a robocop. Ive never seen someone get punished for it @ColtonB205

That is and always will be the biggest problem with people in this community. The mentality that if you "RP" for so long you should get your ticket reduced. NO.

If you RP for 20 mins how you brutally murdered people then you deserve a full ticket, no? You just confessed to committing the crimes.

If you RP for 20 mins with just completely outlandish shit then that is just up to that officer if they appreciate that type of RP. Me personally I like to keep more on the realistic side of things. So, if an officer pardons you, gives you a slight reduction or none at all I don't see that as robo copping.

If you RP for 20 mins and the officer is able to legitimately refute majority/all the stuff you say you shouldn't get a hugely reduced ticket or maybe no reduction at all.

All in all the mentality that you "RP" for so long and should be entitled a reduction in ticket prices is shit. People most likely got fucked over for you to get those charges and you should be punished for it. You "RPing" with a cop for 20 minutes is not punishment. That is the main point of RP servers (even if this is a light RP server). Now what I think could be done is the ability to reduce the prison time depending on how long someone has been held for. Even then Asylum has the lowest jail times I've ever seen.

user223e9d and ChicoXL like this
Just now, Destrah said:

That is and always will be the biggest problem with people in this community. The mentality that if you "RP" for so long you should get your ticket reduced. NO.

If you RP for 20 mins how you brutally murdered people then you deserve a full ticket, no? You just confessed to committing the crimes.

If you RP for 20 mins with just completely outlandish shit then that is just up to that officer if they appreciate that type of RP. Me personally I like to keep more on the realistic side of things. So, if an officer pardons you, gives you a slight reduction or none at all I don't see that as robo copping.

If you RP for 20 mins and the officer is able to legitimately refute majority/all the stuff you say you shouldn't get a hugely reduced ticket or maybe no reduction at all.

All in all the mentality that you "RP" for so long and should be entitled a reduction in ticket prices is shit. People most likely got fucked over for you to get those charges and you should be punished for it. You "RPing" with a cop for 20 minutes is not punishment. That is the main point of RP servers (even if this is a light RP server). Now what I think could be done is the ability to reduce the prison time depending on how long someone has been held for. Even then Asylum has the lowest jail times I've ever seen.

Why RP with a cop for 20 min, when you could just go to jail, and so those 20 min would be better spent sitting in jail, that would be half your sentence done, my motto is always reward RP, if someone is gonna put effort into making up a story and RPing out their charges, it should be rewarded with a reduced ticket, who wants to RP with an officer for 20 min just go get a full ticket, just to go spend another 45 min in jail. Were here to have fun, and what you describe lacks consideration for the Civilians in my opinion. And i am 100% a carrier cop..

Edited by Xavorey
Defragments, pr0digyt and BeefPatty like this

@Clint Beastwood Just got home so I see my tread has opened a lot of interesting points. I just want it to be known one of my main problems with higher ups are ( @Jbdragon ) they litterally tell you to your face that they can bend the rules since they write them. I've heard this nearly 3 times. You cant deny sucking up to a higher up doesn't help them get a promotion. I'm not talking about a constable and an LT that genuinely enjoy playing with each other, rather I'm talking about the ones that follow them around in channels and suck their dick online. Making themselves look like little princesses. 

Not to mention the fact the someone made an IA report with 100% factual information and supporting videos on Subaru and he responded to his OWN IA report? If that is not corruption what is? He was chief of police at the time and thought it was okay to use his APD and admin status to swing his own dick around on his IA report. Tell me how that is okay. 

Just now, Xavorey said:

Why RP with a cop for 20 min, when you could just go to jail, and so those 20 min would be better spent sitting in jail, that would be half your sentence done, my motto is always reward RP, if someone is gonna put effort into making up a story and RPing out their charges, it should be rewarded with a reduced ticket, who wants to RP with an officer for 20 min just go get a full ticket, just to go spend another 45 min in jail. Were here to have fun, and what you describe lacks consideration for the Civilians in my opinion. And i am 100% a carrier cop..

You clearly didn't read my entire post did you. 

Just now, Destrah said:

Now what I think could be done is the ability to reduce the prison time depending on how long someone has been held for.

Just now, Xavorey said:

^^ I agree with this.

Just now, Destrah said:

You clearly didn't read my entire post did you. 

dude being sent to prison still sucks even if you get a reduced time. You have to loose your BH license, guns and you have to drive all the way back to where you were. This is assuming the officer didn't take your BH license or gun before sending you.

Just now, Xavorey said:

I read it all

Kk.

Also if you would rather just spend 20 minutes in prison than RP then it sounds like you are the problem. Doesn't sound like you actually like to RP and that what you actually like to do is just talk for a few minutes, get a reduced ticket and then go back out and commit more crimes. That sounds boring and lame as fuck.

Just now, BeefPatty said:

dude being sent to prison still sucks even if you get a reduced time. You have to loose your BH license, guns and you have to drive all the way back to where you were. This is assuming the officer didn't take your BH license or gun before sending you.

If you deserve to lose that stuff then you deserve to lose it.

Just now, Destrah said:

Kk.

Also if you would rather just spend 20 minutes in prison than RP then it sounds like you are the problem. Doesn't sound like you actually like to RP and that what you actually like to do is just talk for a few minutes, get a reduced ticket and then go back out and commit more crimes. That sounds boring and lame as fuck.

Like I said. I can RP with you, give you a great story rather then some bullshit and you can still take my guns for crimes I committed. That is all fine and I do it myself. But if I'm giving you a good story and actually make an effort then you could show some form of gratitude. You don't have to hit people with the book all the time. That is the main reason people hate being processed by the cops.

Just now, Destrah said:

Kk.

i didn't say i would rather spend 20 min in jail, im saying that from a civ's point of view, with your "prepossessing  model" i would. But im saying thats something Cops must take into consideration after someone spends 20 min RPing with them

Just now, Xavorey said:

i didn't say i would rather spend 20 min in jail, im saying that from a civ's point of view, with your "prepossessing  model" i would. But im saying thats something Cops must take into consideration after someone spends 20 min RPing with them

Not if you send em straight to jail and cut the bullshit.

8 hours ago, Reapered said:

Depends on the situation, also any senior higherup can use lethals how they see fit. So any LT, captain can lethal you anytime and any reason they want to (As long as they initiate) Your issue is with the APD, not the admins

like when subaru RDM lethal'd me at athira dmv (I was BH) when he was fighting TWO rebels with Mks, then disarmed me when the 50 kneepadding constables showed up and ran away forcing me to speak with the APDs finest monkeys, then he permed spacegod for trying to get an explanation out of him

BeefPatty likes this
Just now, tryhardsqueaker said:

I know I what Chico did was wrong, I'm only trying to say that he was handled much differently than an anarchy member would have been.

I also do not plan on ever furthering my cop career, I tried for  corporal one month and realized it wasn't for me. 

I have also also never been given points and have only been banned one time. The ban was quickly removed when the admin realized he made a mistake.

You enjoy poking your head in ts so you don't lose your rank while I enjoy playing the game for fun. And you people don't realize others play this game for fun as well, people make mistakes and other times things are blown out of proportion. I don't think Spoon deserved points for what he did. But I do know what he did was wrong and that if I did the same thing to him and another anarchy member I would sitting in the police support channel trying to get points removed. I also don't think Chico should have to wait 2 months before he can reapply just because he made one mistake.

It is possibly it was handled differently then an anarchy member, now to the validity of that statement, I don't know the truth. 

Also i play cop a lot and I do it for fun, not just to hold my rank. Now about your statement of "you don't think he deserves the points". While you might not think he does, the fact of the matter is it's not up to you. So you can defend your friend for something you acknowledged he did wrong or you can accept the fact that it happened and he was punished and walk away with your head held slightly higher then it is now. Or just keep bitching. It doesn't matter or change the outcome 

Xavorey and Sp0on like this
Just now, Reapered said:

tbh Cop RP has gotten better over the years.

Imagine if Dull was still running around, dude used to give full tickets to anyone if you were in a certain gang. Didnt matter if you turned yourself in or rp'd with him, he would type to you ingame and give you full ticket no matter what

I would disagree. RP used to be awesome and cops actually cared about civs and actually came to 911 request that were legit. Now they just sit in TS and see a 911 request and laugh cause the dude said he got robbed at jewelry store and took his box truck.  

Just now, BeefPatty said:

I would disagree. RP used to be awesome and cops actually cared about civs and actually came to 911 request that were legit. Now they just sit in TS and see a 911 request and laugh cause the dude said he got robbed at jewelry store and took his box truck.  

It's always been like that. Trust me when i say this, you kids have it easy these days. Cops used to take things way too personal. You had people like Durga (Durgas a changed man now), Jin, Dull, Yoven etc running around giving full tickets, lethaling anyone they wanted to. Oh and if you think APD rules dont apply to captains now, back then no apd rules applied to them until admins had to step in and change that.

I wont lie to you when I say APD has its dummies because it does, but compared to how it used to be, you boys have it easy these days

Mitch (IFRIT) likes this
Just now, Reapered said:

It's always been like that. Trust me when i say this, you kids have it easy these days. Cops used to take things way too personal. You had people like Durga (Durgas a changed man now), Jin, Dull, Yoven etc running around giving full tickets, lethaling anyone they wanted to. Oh and if you think APD rules dont apply to captains now, back then no apd rules applied to them until admins had to step in and change that.

I wont lie to you when I say APD has its dummies because it does, but compared to how it used to be, you boys have it easy these days

I played in those days and you I can assure you from my perspective I had a much better time deal with the cops.