A Large Issue Within Gang Life that is not caused by the Devs

Steve

Just now, Steve said:

@Mitch (IFRIT)

I saw you browsing this thread hit us with the thoughts.

P.S. I heard you are a good ifrit driver you should show my boy chinchester how it's done.

@Winchester

Tbh.  I want to host gang wars. I want that shit to thrive. I want to literally watch people rip each other's heads off because of them. I would expect to see some top tier shit talking. 

But the amount of shear toxicity that comes along with gangs now is insane. The amount of time I have to deal with the report wars, gang recruitment thread issues and the gang leaders wanting logs because of some rat. I simply cannot fathom the amount of issues that would arise from a coordinated event. But then again, you would all have the "ETA" that some of you desire. I would like to see these gangs get a real run for their money. 

If your boy is in stellar, there isn't anything that can be done for him.

Spek, Steve, skrood and 4 others like this

i like how people are saying friendly rebel is what killed gang life. its really not. most gangs will log off when people are sitting there camping rebel for an hour. get on cap and fight the cartel. and for the people saying organizing fights ruined it? i dont think people will like to sit on cap for 45 minutes not asking anyone and going for a nice surprise to try to get a fight. i got here right after 6.0 and didnt fight cartels right away so i dont know if thats how people use to do it, just go on cap and a gang would automatically show up. but in todays fight, if people are on, they probably wont push.

Edited by Marzoh
skrood and Keneith like this
Just now, Marzoh said:

i like how people are saying friendly rebel is what killed gang life. its really not. most gangs will log off when people are sitting there camping rebel for an hour. get on cap and fight the cartel. and for the people saying organizing fights ruined it? i dont think people will like to sit on cap for 45 minutes not asking anyone and going for a nice surprise to try to get a fight. i got here right after 6.0 and didnt fight cartels right away so i dont know if thats how people use to do it, just go on cap and a gang would automatically show up. but in todays fight, if people are on, they probably wont push.

The point jimbo made is that the hand holding is what got us here.

An example would be that gangs use to not just log off because they got shot in the back.

It's pussy shit imo.

Just now, Mitch (IFRIT) said:

But then again, you would all have the "ETA" that some of you desire

Gangs spam ETA because someone will say they're pushing and you won't see them for 45-90 minutes, sure spamming ETA is cancer but it makes them come faster :shrug:

Go to bed.

At least when he does it won't be with his sister:kermit:

Tbh.  I want to host gang wars. I want that shit to thrive. I want to literally watch people rip each other's heads off because of them. I would expect to see some top tier shit talking. 

But the amount of shear toxicity that comes along with gangs now is insane. The amount of time I have to deal with the report wars, gang recruitment thread issues and the gang leaders wanting logs because of some rat. I simply cannot fathom the amount of issues that would arise from a coordinated event. But then again, you would all have the "ETA" that some of you desire. I would like to see these gangs get a real run for their money. 

If your boy is in stellar, there isn't anything that can be done for him.

You want shit talking but not toxicity? Generally they go together unless you are saying you want there to be line drawn of where it's considered "too far", otherwise I'm not sure what you mean. Regardless, a gang wars would be lit.

In my opinion it's mainly like this because there is nothing new/fun/interesting thing to do as a rebel anymore. Everything on the map has been done tens of times by each player and it has gotten stale. If there was more things to do as a rebel then people would be here for "gang life" rather than what it has turned in to, Cartel Teams.

MooseKnuckles likes this
Just now, Vanilla Coke said:

people just don't have the patience or motive to play this game anymore

there are plenty of other games where I can have the same exact experience much quicker and much more consistently

Because it has gotten stale. But what other games can you get the same experience from?

Group cap killed gang life. The large scale, permadeath, aidsfest was something you couldn't, and still cant, find on any other server or game. We fought 20+ vs 20+ (sometimes even 30+ v 30+) civs and cops and enjoyed every second of it. Hell for like 2 months, every single night there would be thirty plus cops on S3 fighting us at the fed. Group cap came and changed how everyone played the game. People who had no interest in capping the cartel would show up mid fight, shoot you in the back and then talk about how bad ass they were for being a little bitch. The cop balancing that was promised with the group cap never came and cops would out number gangs 3 to 1 on top of their infinite respawns.

The change in gang life is 100% the devs fault. They wanted to make a game that they wanted to play and not one the majority of people came to Asylum to play. They both created the best Arma server/game ever and destroyed it.

HomeTrlx, Donald, Alec-I and 1 other like this
Just now, Brutus said:

Group cap killed gang life. The large scale, permadeath, aidsfest was something you couldn't, and still cant, find on any other server or game. We fought 20+ vs 20+ (sometimes even 30+ v 30+) civs and cops and enjoyed every second of it. Hell for like 2 months, every single night there would be thirty plus cops on S3 fighting us at the fed. Group cap came and changed how everyone played the game. People who had no interest in capping the cartel would show up mid fight, shoot you in the back and then talk about how bad ass they were for being a little bitch. The cop balancing that was promised with the group cap never came and cops would out number gangs 3 to 1 on top of their infinite respawns.

The change in gang life is 100% the devs fault. They wanted to make a game that they wanted to play and not one the majority of people came to Asylum to play. They both created the best Arma server/game ever and destroyed it.

You are correct about the group cap, it also made it harder for newer players to learn because the group cap forced the best gangs to only except the very best players otherwise they would be taking up a group slot that another better player could be using.

22 hours ago, Rook 9mm said:

arent you in Stellar? The same gang that asked bunni to fight OG then we agreed pushed you, you got rolled then made a beeline for East Arms only to not even be able to make it into the cap? then logged off??? You're part of the problem.

Doubt I was there. But i dont doubt that It happened. I miss most fights because of my school/work schedule. 

.Sean likes this
17 hours ago, Brutus said:

Gang cap is easily exploitable tho, its just takes better coms and tactics. Something the vast majority of gangs don't have anymore.

On 10/16/2017 at 5:52 PM, Xavorey said:

I remember the days when I would pull up to meth and "holy shit" there would be 5 hermits and 10 fully geared Eclipse members doing huge runs while there were 15+ cops on, now people won't even do it when there are more than 2 cops

You my friend have never seen an Old School FSA Meth run.

Hey that was fun trying to arrest 42 on line gang members all running meth.                          

bC420 likes this
10 hours ago, HotWings said:

There was a whole lot of gang life before you shitters came along.

You’re a fucking retard, try playing on the servers before you talk about stuff you think you know about

On 10/17/2017 at 10:58 PM, HotWings said:

Gang cap is easily exploitable tho, its just takes better coms and tactics. Something the vast majority of gangs don't have anymore.

Also wrong, Stellar and Nexus does this (Nexus much more common than Stellar) the issue is if we have 20 people online per gang in a fight there’s most likely another 30-40 players, now if you use your tiny little brain you can add those numbers up and realize that there’s 70-80 players, and guess what that means retard? Mass kicks. 

Just now, tsiwT said:

there’s 70-80 players, and guess what that means retard? Mass kicks. 

The real issue that's apparently 100 percent bohemias issue, Like anyone believes our devs when they say that. You can't bull shit someone who's a bullshitter or bullshit someone who grew up in the biggest cesspool exploding with bullshit of all time, catholicism.

Edited by Steve

Anytime there are a few big groups fighting the server starts lagging and you die after spraying a whole mag into someone and they just run off this has been happening since early june 2016...nobody has the patience for it anymore...they've just raised prices of everything rebel rise and expect us to sit here for hours on end grinding and ignore the lag and mass kicks...who has time for that? i'm sorry but I don't...plus there has but no major rebel update in fucking ages...I can't believe I even check the forums everyday for that **GREAT REBEL UPDATE** we've all been waiting on...why do I even bother...honestly it is fun to check out the asylum banter :frog: They did the right thing getting some old school rebel admins but when they voice their input nothing happens... I mean @Haych & @Tom have tried to fix rebel life for at least two years... 

I think it's honestly too late....I cba to even bother with Arma anymore it's just always such a let down on Asylum when there is something great and it's nerfed

Asylum's Famous Words...

NOT HAPPENING

"COMMUNITY BREAKING BUG"

R.I.P ASYLUM

P.S. - I've made posts like this before & guess what...THEY'RE DELETED!

Edited by JAY1HP
memes
Haych, Corgi, Steve and 2 others like this