Running By The Numbers: How To Get the Most $$$/Hr

zaros_12

One thing I've noticed is that people in ArmA tend to focus more on combat, loadouts and teamplay than math or the numbers. While it's good to have a solid team/loadout, it never hurts to know your numbers. I'd like to do what I can to contribute, and hopefully shed some light on the math of Atlis Life. 

I'm going to focus more on helping people do their specifically chosen runs than trying to tell you which is the best. Personally, I've found cocaine the easiest/most consistent, and meth the best money overall (aside from scotch), but that's a story for another thread. 

In this thread, you'll find tables, screenshots of graphs, equations, etc. I'll try to put the math itself in spoiler boxes, because I know most people would rather just see the results than the logic behind it. 

Please note that I don't know all of the specific numbers for storage on the various vehicles on Asylum. If you do, please PM me. For now, I'll just have the equations + basic numbers. 

The equations

Basically, the equations boil down to this. Our variables are: 

Spoiler

S = the total amount of storage we have. 

A = amount of space the first component takes up

B = amount of space the second component takes up

C = cocaine (can be whatever else i.e. iron, opium, rubber, etc)

D = diamonds (can be whatever else i.e. iron, opium, rubber, etc)

E = amount of C needed

F = amount of D needed

Think FED CABS. That's where you'll be if you use this guide, to be honest. 

The first equation we need is: S = Ac + Bd. This line will draw all potential amounts of the items you can have. However, we don't need the same amount of each item. If we need 10 C and 5 D, we'll also plug in the following:

10C = 5D, or EC = FD.

Crafting Mk-1s, AK-12s, MK14s, Mk18s, and probably some other shit

For this particular getup, our equations will be as follows (I'll use a box truck + carryall, only holding a pickaxe):

497 = 2 C + 4 D

Note that C will be X, and D will be Y when you graph it. Do this, or it won't work. 

Next, to find the optimal numbers for the amount of each you need, plug in:

13C = 4D

Again, this is because you need to find the point at which you can have the most optimal inventory setup with a ratio of 13 cocaine to 4 diamonds. 

Here's the link to the graph. I couldn't get the stupid ass image to insert.

Let's say you have two box trucks, so two people. That means, yes, you have 994 total cargo. Let's go back to the first equation.

997 = 2X + 4Y (or 2C + 4D)

Let's change it up again. Diamonds now weigh 6, and you need ten of them per item crafted. 

997 = 2X + 6Y

13X = 10Y

Plug them in, find the intercept, and you're good. PS, I use desmos.com for this. Highly recommend. 

TO REITERATE ONE MORE FUCKING TIME:

If you are doing Mk-1, AK-12, MK14, or Mk18 runs, assuming you are using a box truck and carryall with a pickaxe, you will want to grab 33 diamonds and 107 cocaine. Easy, right? 

I've got work and school and all that shit so I'll be adding more to this guide as time goes on, but there's enough here to figure out almost anything you might need to know. Please feel free to PM me if you have any intelligent, stupid ass, or something in-between questions. Thanks for reading.

PS. If you want to donate, my PayPal email is: [email protected]. This shit takes a lot of time, so I'd appreciate it. If not, I don't really care. 

Thanks for reading! Lemme know your questions. Thanks

MORE TO BE ADDED SOON

Edited by zaros_12
PublicEnemy likes this
Just now, zaros_12 said:

One thing I've noticed is that people in ArmA tend to focus more on combat, loadouts and teamplay than math or the numbers. While it's good to have a solid team/loadout, it never hurts to know your numbers. I'd like to do what I can to contribute, and hopefully shed some light on the math of Atlis Life. 

I'm going to focus more on helping people do their specifically chosen runs than trying to tell you which is the best. Personally, I've found cocaine the easiest/most consistent, and meth the best money overall (aside from scotch), but that's a story for another thread. 

I suggest checking out our Asylum Wiki http://gaming-asylumwiki.com/wiki/Main_Page .
Take a look at the drug running guides, crafting guides, mining guides, etc. A lot of the math/info you're looking for has been calculated and put into easy to read formats rather than some equations.

Edited by Gen. Henry Arnold
Just now, Gen. Henry Arnold said:

I suggest checking out our Asylum Wiki http://gaming-asylumwiki.com/wiki/Main_Page .
Take a look at the drug running guides, crafting guides, mining guides, etc. A lot of the math/info you're looking for has been calculated. 

Thanks! I was wondering where I could find those numbers. I hope I added some helpful info to the conversation, though. I haven't seen anything that really gets into the math.

A wonderful technical guide, I respect those that like explain the finer details of making a living on Asylum. However, some immediate concerns that came to mind were  as follows:

Marketplace Place Value: Payout lowers the more items you sell on the market. 

The rate you produce the product (time is money after-all), this is where real estate and route would also need to be taken into consideration.

Comparison of Panagia Gang Turf Perk (reduce crafting cost) vs. regular crafting requirements. 

Just now, Cobra said:

A wonderful technical guide, I respect those that like explain the finer details of making a living on Asylum. However, some immediate concerns that came to mind were  as follows:

Marketplace Place Value: Payout lowers the more items you sell on the market. 

The rate you produce the product (time is money after-all), this is where real estate and route would also need to be taken into consideration.

Comparison of Panagia Gang Turf Perk (reduce crafting cost) vs. regular crafting requirements. 

Thanks! Glad you liked it.

I'll try to get into the mechanics of supply/demand if possible. I think this guide is more applicable to people who just want to make a lot and store it at once, or people who just want to sell ASAP and can't store supplies.