Arma III | Field of View

Haych

Arma 3 Field of View (FOV) Guide

A Arma 3 guide on how to change your Field of View

Step 1: Download the Arma FOV Changer utility and open it.

Step 2: Press select and find your Arma 3 profile
Documents > Arma 3 - Other Profiles > *Profile Name*
Select the ARMA3PROFILE File. Make sure its the one without .vars. Should look something like this.

q0lhDdm.png

93x69Vo.png

Step 3: Just fill in the blanks, this will vary depending on what settings you play on. You can find these in the Arma 3 Video settings when you're in game.

The horizontal section you will set depending on what you want, i'll go into more detail below.

4DUHvvl.png

If you done it right you will get a pop up similar to this

UN7lvs0.png

If you get a popup saying 'Check your settings' its most likely because you chose the .vars. profile.

Field of View (Horizontal #)
Arma 3's default Field of View is set at 70. The higher you go the greater your view gets, the lower you go, the smaller. Changing your FOV will not only impact your view, it will also change the size of your crosshairs, group hexagon size and scope size.

Field of View 60
Perfect for sniping, there is many players who use this to gain a advantage at range

Spoiler

b6qNJLS.jpg

Y7KzZ48.jpg

Field of View 70
Default Field of View. Many of you are probably used to this one

Spoiler

pVD88dR.jpg

odbKp8B.jpg

Field of View 80
My personal favourite. Allows you the third person over larger objects while still retaining a decent scope size to snipe with

Spoiler

STlforv.jpg

HMfOuV7.jpg

Field of View 90
Perfect view for CQB in my opinion. Allows you to look around corners much earlier. Only problem with this view is trying to snipe from range, it becomes quite hard.

Spoiler

zUvb9mF.jpg

vbyPB4B.jpg

If you want to manually edit your Field of View without downloading the Utility here is a calculator you can use to find your values depending on your resolution 
(Thanks to Shepurd for the link)

Edited by Haych
5 minutes ago, Shepurd said:

you don't need to download anything. just go to this link ---> http://hia3.com/tools/ArmA_3_wide-angle_FOV_calculator_online_by_Hi,A3.htm type in the fov you want, And edit the fovtop and fovleft in that arma 3 profile from the screenshot in notepad.

Its more of a noob friendly guide. Some people are not comfortable going into game files and manually changing things around. Thanks for the link though, i've added it below for those interested in manually changing their Field of Views.

Edited by Haych
  • 11 months later...
  • 1 month later...