Fridge -> Gang Bank

Fridge Money --> Gang Bank  

46 members have voted

1. 1. Should the cartels fridge money be automatically transferred to gang bank?

• Yes
    • No

I've seen this brought up multiple times but I haven't seen a poll yet so I'd like to get some actual numbers on what people think.

I don't think there would be many complications after maybe the first week of sorting out bugs and it would make cartels much more contested and influence fights with smaller gangs.

@tryhardsqueaker was the first person I saw bring it up 

"Cartel money straight to gang bank please EDIT: Just wanted to put why the change is needed. Currently you have to empty the fridge and take it to rebel. So people only pull money/cap the cartel when the money is full. Having it go straight to gang bank would increase fights over the cap and would give an incentive to hold the cartel. Currently if the cartel is empty/low there is little reason to do defend your cartel unless you need it for drug running or scotch selling."
Edited by tsiwT

I voted no for the one reason that there isn't any real risk after you take the cartel for the money to be lost or anything. So I personally don't think it should be but I also don't like the idea of someone just camping rebel waiting for you to come back with it so there should be some middle ground with the risk/reward aspect of it 

Xehons likes this

I know I'm not Bamf or Gnashes, but from the things I hear from the devs and admins, cartel money will never be instantly put inside your gang bank again.

I would suggest to come up with a better solution other than money going straight to gang bank, because it's never going to happen regardless of how much the community asks for it. 

Aside from arms cartel no one caps cartels until there is less than an hour until server reset because that's when the fridges are filled. Why go cap a cartel when it has no money? Why defend a cartel when it has no money? If the cartel put money straight to bank gangs would actually go fight the cartels and hold them. 

I love when people say there is little risk in that system. As if pushing with a full load out and an ifrit doesn't put your bank account at risk enough. No reason why owning cartels can not be the most profitable money maker, it's the riskiest money maker in the game. 

Twist.ffs likes this
Just now, tryhardsqueaker said:

Aside from arms cartel no one caps cartels until there is less than an hour until server reset because that's when the fridges are filled. Why go cap a cartel when it has no money? Why defend a cartel when it has no money? If the cartel put money straight to bank gangs would actually go fight the cartels and hold them. 

I love when people say there is little risk in that system. As if pushing with a full load out and an ifrit doesn't put your bank account at risk enough. No reason why owning cartels can not be the most profitable money maker, it's the riskiest money maker in the game. 

The problem is that the devs have seen the worst possible scenario implementing this feature. 

Gangs running around with $300M (30M in todays money) and having no consequences with what they buy or if they get caught with high bounties.

Just now, Gnashes said:

You're misunderstanding a core gameplay mechanic here.

You don't go out to a party to make money. You make money to be able to go party.

You make money to be able to fight Cartels, not the other way around.

Might want to change that core gameplay mechanic because the servers are kinda dying as a result of some of these mechanics.

Just now, Gnashes said:

For us to even begin to consider this, we'd stop automatically depositing (x) amount of money into the fridges every (y) minutes.

You can say goodbye to about 60% of your dirty money if that happens.

(It's not going to happen regardless, but I'm just saying.)

I'd take this deal

Just now, Gnashes said:

You're misunderstanding a core gameplay mechanic here.

You don't go out to a party to make money. You make money to be able to go party.

You make money to be able to fight Cartels, not the other way around.

having a gang that consistently wins cartels should be profitable. cartels are asylums end game, and you should be able to make money from it. Do i think you should make 50 million a day? no, but you should at least come out even.

Just now, TheRealLethal said:

having a gang that consistently wins cartels should be profitable. cartels are asylums end game, and you should be able to make money from it. Do i think you should make 50 million a day? no, but you should at least come out even.

This is exactly what people want. Maybe you don't even have to come out even but you could at least make 70 percent of what you spent back and I know how to make it work but it would require this change for a start.

Just now, Gnashes said:

Who should come out even? The gang who fights with 6 guys and wins, or the gang who needs 4 Ifrits and 20 guys in 2 groups to do the same thing?

You don't balance payout for a group activity around the break-even price of the group. Because the group can be of drastically different sizes.

The winner takes the cap and holds it if you can't match their numbers or ifrits or grenades that's no one's issue but your own. People/gangs should take some fucking responsibility.

Edited by Steve
Just now, Gnashes said:

Who should come out even? The gang who fights with 6 guys and wins, or the gang who needs 4 Ifrits and 20 guys in 2 groups to do the same thing?

You don't balance payout for a group activity around the break-even price of the group. Because the group can be of drastically different sizes.

I get your point, but there's one gang that can log more than 14 people on at once nowadays and that's Nexus, I've never even seen them pull more than 2 Ifrits against a 12 man group (because they know there's no need for more than 2) and I'm 100% sure they wouldn't send 20 people to fight 6.

Also smaller gangs shouldn't even worry about cartels, if they want something to fight or some extra rebel perks, they can fight turfs, there's only 5 people allowed inside per gang for a reason.

Edited by tsiwT
Just now, Gnashes said:

ca00ff86b8e0901b913c56c698fcd6a9.png

look where catering to small groups got you 1a8d27a9d4c54a91a0a3ce99cbd54365.png'(inb4 "its a weekday dude")

Edited by TheRealLethal

Honestly i've understood the developers on this subject for a long time but since arma/asylum is going down the drain for real.

I would say let people have fun and try some crazy shit that the community is asking for.

Are you scared of a broken economy? The majority of the veteran players buy their money anyway and you can easily stock up millions on a day while the servers are empty.

I personally don't care but i just wonder what is stopping the developers, probably paratus.. guy knows how to ruin shit.

Obu Obu Obu and TRYHARD like this