Netflix movies & shows recommendations

massi

Currently mid-term break so I'm going to be watching a lot of netflix for the next 4 days. Figured I'd make a list of all the shows I'm watching, currently watching and have watched along with my recommendations (personal opinion obviously). I will try to include some feedback in most of the ratings but some titles I just don't remember the storyline but I will usually remember my view on the movie afterwards. I will try to keep this thread updated.

Feel free to leave your opinion about movies on my list or your opinion on one of my recommendations.

Currently watching:

• House of Cards (a couple episodes left)
  •  Mindhunter
  • Narcos (a couple episodes left, not enjoying the last season because of what happened in the ending of the previous season so I'm slowly watching it)
  • Gen Iron 2
  • Halt and Catch Fire
  • Fresh Prince (1-2 episodes left)
  • The Standups
  • Brain Games

My list:

• Chef's table
  • The Five
  • Black Mirror
  • Due Date
  • Why Him?
  • American Gangster
  • The Longest Yard
  • Jeff Dunham's Relative Disaster
  • Dave Chappelle
  • The Irish Mob
  • The Revenant
  • The Infiltrator
  • Fighting
  • Bruce Almighty
  • Death Note
  • Take the 10
  • Dawn of the Planet of the Apes
  • Inception
  • Captive for 18 years: the Jaycee Lee Story
  • Mission: Impossible Rogue Nation
  • Backcountry
  • Shimmer Lake

What I don't recommend:

• Banking on Bitcoin (boring and mostly explains what Bitcoin is more than anything - may be good if you're new to it)
  • Semi-pro (shit was stupid like practically every Will Ferrell movie)
  • Forgetting Sarah Marshall (watched it 4 months ago but I don't remember particularly enjoying it)
  • Parenthood (Steve Martin disappointed me in this relatively mundane movie)
  • 13 reasons why (terrible ending, but good story)
  • Sex Tape (absolutely stupid)
  • Expelled (terrible acting, can't believe it's a movie)
  • The Late Bloomer (it was OK but nothing special)
  • Trainspotting (a movie about scottish men having sex and taking an insane amount of drugs - not particularly interesting)
  • Happy Gilmore (didn't expect much from Adam Sandler in the first place honestly)

What I recommend (based on my viewing history and ratings):

• Mindhunter (based on a recommendation by Scott & my history teacher: tries to understand how a psycho thinks)
  • Narcos (up until the last season, the final season is garbage)
  • Inside Russia's Toughest Prisons (makes you wonder how well we treat inmates here in NA, really good documentary)
  • All of the Jackass movies (goes without saying: they do funny pranks & experiments that are sometimes painful to watch)
  • Inglorious Basterds (favorite movie ever)
  • Scarface (classic rewatched it)
  • Ferris Bueller's Day Off (classic - rewatched it)
  • Godfather Trilogy (classic - rewatched it)
  • The Founder (nice story about the history of McDonalds that you definitely won't expect)
  • American Pie (classic - rewatched it)
  • Oklahoma City (goes into detail about the Oklahoma City bomber: what motivated him to do it and how he did it)
  • Django Unchained (Story of a bounty hunter in the midwest, really enjoyed it)
  • How I Met Your Mother (can't go wrong with this one, but the ending is absolutely terrible)
  • Just Friends (classic - rewatched it)
  • Louis C. K 2017 & Louis C.K: Hilarious (his humor is very atypical and definitely enjoyable to listen to)
  • Master of None (Winner of a emmy as well - story of a brown guy going through life. Wouldn't say it's particularly excellent but eh)
  • Ghost of Girlfriends Past (Matthew Mcconaughey doesn't disappoint in this classic film)
  • Schindler's List (Tells the tale of a Nazi who was protecting some jews during the holocaust)
  • Mud (I'm a Matthe Mcconaughey fan what can I say... it's the story of a man who lives on an island who tries to reunite with his old girlfriend)
  • The IT Crowd (hilarious)
  • Orange is the New Black (show about women in a prison, highly recommend checking it out)
  • Gabriel Iglesias: I'm Sorry For What I Said When I Was Hungry & Gabriel Iglesias : Hot and Fluffy (very funny comedian)
  • Both Generation Iron movies  (watched the 1st many years ago, the 2nd isn't bad so far. It's very motivating unless you want to watch https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZpwEHIL_UZ4 over and over)
  • Dana Carvery: Straight White Male, 60 (excellent comedian and actor)
  • Russell Peters; Almost Famous
  • Look Who's Back (story about Hitler coming back to Germany)
  • Unfinished Business (comedy featuring Dave Franco & Vince Caughn - watched 2 years ago so I don't particularly remember much)
  • The Martian (story about a man who travels to Mars ft. Mark Wahlberg)
  • We're the Millers (watched 2 years ago but still a classic)
  • Interstellar (amazing movie that will make you take a step back and look at life from a different way)
  • Terms and Conditions May Apply (very interesting documentary about online privacy - I even referenced this movie in some school work)
  • Jerry Before Seinfeld (great documentary/comedy about Jerry Seinfeld and his introduction to the world of comedy)
  • Bob Ross :Beauty is Everywhere (great show to watch when you don't know what to watch and/or you're stressed out)
  • The Office (amazing show about workers in a small branch of a paper company)
Edited by massi
Just now, massi said:

• Happy Gilmore (didn't expect much from Adam Sandler in the first place honestly)

????

This movie is the GOAT easily his best movie..

Also idk where you live but you actually have good shit to watch I feel like i've watched anything worth watching at this point. Mindhunter was really good though, enjoyed it, been waiting for a similar type of show to come out since "Making a Murderer".

edit: Also I've been hearing a lot about like "The shanara chronicles" idk if I spelt that right, but can anyone tell me if its good? It's an MTV show so I doubt it..

Edited by hamsham12
Silver-Spy, Scott, Kettles and 2 others like this

Idk wtf netflix has but these are some of my favorite movies:

My List of Movies

Step Brothers

The Other Guys

Any Movie with Will Ferril

The Resident Evil Zombie Movie

I Am Legend

Dawn of the Dead

The Crazies

The Maze Runner 1 (I haven't seen 2 so idk)

Hunger Games 1,2,3

The Sand Lot

Star Wars 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17,18,19,20,21,22

Dragon Ball Z Movies (Fucking Best Show ever)

Four Brothers

The Godfather

I heard World War Z was really good (Haven't seen it)

Men and Black 1 , 2 , (I think they may even have a 3rd)

My List of Shows

Bob's Burgers

Dragon Ball

Dragon Ball Z

Dragon Ball Super

Family GUy

American Dad

Cleveland Show

Big Bang Theory

Game of Thrones

We Bare Bears

The Regular Show

Rick and Morty

Hells Kitchen

(It's like 1 a.m. this should be enough for what i can think of off the top of my head)

massi likes this
Just now, hamsham12 said:

????

This movie is the GOAT easily his best movie..

Also idk where you live but you actually have good shit to watch I feel like i've watched anything worth watching at this point. Mindhunter was really good though, enjoyed it, been waiting for a similar type of show to come out since "Making a Murderer".

I live in Canada

As for Happy Gilmore, I just didn't enjoy the movie as a whole. There might have been a couple of funny moments, but it just wasn't for me

I'm not a big Adam Sandler fan anyway

42689b3cc15e9abe2ee58fc686f4eda3.png

1 hour ago, massi said:

What I don't recommend:

• Forgetting Sarah Marshall (watched it 4 months ago but I don't remember particularly enjoying it)
  • Trainspotting (a movie about scottish men having sex and taking an insane amount of drugs - not particularly interesting)

You might want to get your head checked for these are great movies.

Forgetting Sarah Marshall is funny as fuck, Jason Segel made that movie great.

Trainspotting has more depth than your insulting description of the film, not sure if you didn't pay attention or you're too thick to follow the plot-line.

Happy Gilmore; you have the Longest Yard on your list and this on your "not recommended". I'm done, just fucking done!