Internet Problems

Google™

I was streaming one night when all of a sudden my Twitch Inspector thing was like OHHH NO UNSTABLE!! I blew it off because I have shit internet, so I was like I'ma just go to sleep, wake up, and stream the next day. I wake up the next day, the internet is still shit so I'm like okay maybe it's just this weekend. Unfortunately, I was wrong it's now Monday and my internet is still complete shit so I thought it was like this for everyone in my house so I called up the ISP and they said they hard reset the modem from their side and sent a new signal of turbo internet, but even after this my internet was still shit. I was like fuck man what could this be so I had my brother run an internet test and he was literally getting double my speed for some odd reason. Even, when testing the internet while connected on my phone it got nearly double my speed from my computer. I'm wondering if any of you know a fix to this, I wanna stream :(

Things to know:

I'm using an Ethernet Cable

My ISP is Spectrum (TWC)

This all began Saturday around midnight

The PC I have is nearly 1 year old, it's also a prebuilt computer.

IF ANY OF YOU PLEASE KNOW FIXES PLEASE TELL ME!

Other information:

Speed test on my phone:
vof6PGB.png

Speed Test on my Computer:

nxRekfO.png

Edited by Google™
Just now, Google™ said:

I was streaming one night when all of a sudden my Twitch Inspector thing was like OHHH NO UNSTABLE!! I blew it off because I have shit internet, so I was like I'ma just go to sleep, wake up, and stream the next day. I wake up the next day, the internet is still shit so I'm like okay maybe it's just this weekend. Unfortunately, I was wrong it's now Monday and my internet is still complete shit so I thought it was like this for everyone in my house so I called up the ISP and they said they hard reset the modem from their side and sent a new signal of turbo internet, but even after this my internet was still shit. I was like fuck man what could this be so I had my brother run an internet test and he was literally getting double my speed for some odd reason. Even, when testing the internet while connected on my phone it got nearly double my speed from my computer. I'm wondering if any of you know a fix to this, I wanna stream :(

Things to know:

My ISP is Spectrum (TWC)

AMD?

Just now, Google™ said:

Things to know:

My ISP is Spectrum (TWC)

I'd say check your ethernet cable, had a issue similar but the ISP cleared it for me. If you are far away from your main router move closer it could explain why your brother has better internet. I ain't no Indian with no dot on my head so don't judge if it doesn't work, ty b.

Just now, Towelie said:

I'd say check your ethernet cable, had a issue similar but the ISP cleared it for me. If you are far away from your main router move closer it could explain why your brother has better internet. I ain't no Indian with no dot on my head so don't judge if it doesn't work, ty b.

Brother is on the same floor as me and practically is the same distance from the router if not more and I'm using an Ethernet cable.

1. Try using Google's DNS
  2. Try disabling your antivirus (seriously, some of them for some odd reason will fuck up your internet speed)
  3. Try using: ipconfig /flushdns -> ipconfig /release -> ipconfig /renew, in this order
  4. Do you have any torrent or backup programs that could be running on the background and slowing down your speed?
  5. Check if you have the correct and the latest network drivers on your computer
  6. Run Kaspersky Virus Removal tool
  7. If none of those worked, you could try formatting your PC
Edited by BlackShot
Mr. Linux likes this
Just now, massi said:

You said you are using an ethernet cable. Is it connected to the modem directly? How long is the cord? Does it run outside? Which modem is it?

Okay so it’s not directly hooked to the modem and pretty sure it doesn’t run outside lol. Modem idk router though is an ASUS RT something

3 hours ago, massi said:

What is it hooked up to? How long is the cable?

An Ethernet port in the wall lol

2 hours ago, Maric said:

What type of Ethernet cable do you have? I use a cat 5e myself, but I also have a cat 3 for guests. Also cable length (under 100 feet) shouldn't be a problem.

f87bf082266ea1298a011107c2b70eec.png

Results of using cat 5e:

e364d799a92017ae908cfbefaa78310c.png

I can tell you that it's not my cable type, lol. The problem began out of the blue. I've tested different cables even, and no change.

Just now, Witz said:

call your isp

Tried that they hard reset modem from their end and sent another turbo charge

Just now, TheRealLethal said:

the port could be your problem, try connecting to router/modem directly

I may try getting one of those usb stick things to plug into my pc to get wireless internet or just move my screen and desktop down 2 floors and connect it directly today I’m gonna reset my computer completely and ill see if that fixes it

Just now, Cheech'nChong said:

Those suck ass, better try a powerline adapter then

What's the difference because obviously I can't use this long term, I'm thinking maybe this weekend taking it to a different ethernet port in my house and testing the speed there and if it's faster than it's my port if it's the same it's my computer Ethernet port and I'ma call up the company that built my computer and have it fixed.

Just now, Google™ said:

What's the difference because obviously I can't use this long term, I'm thinking maybe this weekend taking it to a different ethernet port in my house and testing the speed there and if it's faster than it's my port if it's the same it's my computer Ethernet port and I'ma call up the company that built my computer and have it fixed.

Google the details yourself im lazy