Gang wars

Just now, Mitch (IFRIT) said:

That's the next thing. My work schedule is anything but accommodating for something like this. 

As it is now. I'm thinking a few weeks go get this all set up. 

Sadly if I'm the only admin running it. I would have to do it on a Monday/Tuesday

I'll ask the team if anyone else is willing to help. Might be able to do some different days that way. 

Pretty much everyone will be working

Sad thing is that if there were admins willing to put the time and effort into something like this they would have by now.

Nothing heard of it since this post since the last one.

Innate likes this

What do you want to see? 10-12 man teams, ifrits 

How would you like to see it "won" (Best of 3?) BO3, BO5 for finals

What locations would you want in it? OG and Church arms

What would the reward be? money (debateable) for each member of the winning gang

please have it on a weekend if possible weekdays are aids and people are at school or working

Edited by OperationSB
Flameless, Sandwich and CoryB like this

That's the next thing. My work schedule is anything but accommodating for something like this. 

Sadly if I'm the only admin running it. I would have to do it on a Monday/Tuesday. 

I'll ask the team if anyone else is willing to help. Might be able to do some different days that way. 

I can give a hand if needed. 

Mitch (IFRIT) likes this

What do you want to see?

How would you like to see it "won" (Best of 3?)

What locations would you want in it?

What would the reward be?

Break it all down. Let's get these ideas 

I wanna see some gang on gang action. Real fucking down to the core.

I wanna see the winners decided by a rap battle, a marksmanship test, and a test on who can sing Logic the best.

I wanna see all cartels and all drug fields used

WINNING GANG GETS A FUCKING LYNX GM6 AP!

or 1 mil ;)

Sp0on and TRYHARD like this

Sadly if I'm the only admin running it. I would have to do it on a Monday/Tuesday. 

This may sound like i'm being a prick but I cant say this without sounding like one but if your schedule isn't accommodating to run this event on the weekends then its gonna be pretty shitty and possibly not worth running. This event in no way will revive gang life a single bit, hosting a event that people use free loadouts on a private server wont make them want to get on the real laggy server and grind money.

I'm sure everyone appreciates you making the effort but it would probably be best to do this type of event during the summer or winter break.

JAY1HP, DirkaDirka, Sp0on and 1 other like this
Just now, Wang Liqin said:

This may sound like i'm being a prick but I cant say this without sounding like one but if your schedule isn't accommodating to run this event on the weekends then its gonna be pretty shitty and possibly not worth running. This event in no way will revive gang life a single bit, hosting a event that people use free loadouts on a private server wont make them want to get on the real laggy server and grind money.

I'm sure everyone appreciates you making the effort but it would probably be best to do this type of event during the summer or winter break.

I'm going to see what I can do. I might be able to get a weekend off. I'm just trying to get ideas down so I can see how to work what. Thanks for the feedback!

Flameless likes this
Just now, Sandwich said:

Since this is going to be streamed I believe there should be a dedicated two locked channels for both gangs to communicate in, within the Asylum TS. This way when we do wanna listen in to tac comms we can for the stream. There'll be proper commentary and everything involved.

*Channel Switched*

Bot 1: "The kid N***** rocks is a fucking potato"

Bot 2: "SHUT THE FUCK UP I CANT HEAR............. Im dead thanks for spamming coms you actually suck at the game Faggot kys"

Sandwich, PublicEnemy, Sk7 and 9 others like this

What do you want to see? Nothing like Goku's gang wars

How would you like to see it "won" (Best of 3?) best of 3. coin flip winner chooses attack / defend or which location, loser chooses alternate choice

What locations would you want in it? church, og, meth tower and compound

What would the reward be? who cares. lets just fight

Edited by Quenton
4 hours ago, Mitch (IFRIT) said:

It will be. It will be a server that I have exclusive access to. Information will be kept safe. 

A few months back I did some work on Pentax' old cartel server. Source code is here: https://gitlab.com/Bikstok/cartels

Afaik, the only remaining bug is groups occasionally glitching out. It's pretty easy to deal with for the players though. They just have to make sure everyone has hexes before the game starts.

Heidelberg likes this
Just now, Mr Smirnoff said:

last time it was really hard to get everyone together jsut heads up 

I think a lot of gangs would like to participate and at the end would result in gang leaders asking for 5-10mins because one of their members is not online etc.

I play few community tournaments in other games and what they do is that they make a set of rules for being on time and approx time it will take for one game.Set a specific time for everyone to get online at least 1 hour before the actual event.If any gangs is not present with their roster whatever it is  3v3 or 10v10 they would automatically loose that game.I wasn't there for the first gang war thinge and wanted to know how your gonna conduct it?.Are you going to make a large tournament and divide the gangs into groups and allow 2 gangs to compete and the winner competes against the other or how is it going to be @Mitch (IFRIT)

Nevertheless a good idea and lets see how it goes 

uc. likes this
Just now, Tricks said:

Who said I died to them? 

so why do you care?

staying on topic:

What do you want to see? 8 maximum but no minimal requirement. gangs that actually show up on time.(work or not. 20 minutes of allotted time allowed for dickfuck to show up. if they aren't able to get certain dickfuck to come through then they are to play or back out. NO STAND INS FROM OTHER GANGS BTW.)

How would you like to see it "won" (Best of 3?) best of 3 is ok.

What locations would you want in it? og arms, church, drug tower

What would the reward be? 3 mil towards the winning gang

Edited by Sp0on
Just now, Tom said:

everyone asking for best of 3 have the whole time

have you ever even been in a gang wars? shit takes forever and is a waste of time to do best of 3 because we already know what gangs are gonna be in the semi finals

I think it really depends on what the goal is. Are we trying to find the biggest baddest gang and say once and for all who is the best? Or are we just looking for a weekend tournament that everyone can do for a potential prize. Different gangs have different goals, for myself i know that my gang isn't and doesn't care to be the best gang so we wouldn't bother with a long drawn out tournament. But a series of BO1's over a weekend? Easier for us as an underdog and get a potential win.

Edited by Patato