Gang wars

I'm writing this on my phone so I apologize for any grammar or spelling mistakes.

So we currently face a problem and I have given Mitch a couple of suggestions that I hope you guys like.

The problem that we face is that Mitch and I don't want to do a bo3 for every match because that will take forever. The other problem is, we also don't want to do bo1's because it wouldnt be fair for the teams who have to be on the disadvantaged side, example would be if a team had to push east arms and they lost. So I have a suggestion that might be able to fix this problem and I want to hear your opinions.

The suggestion I have is that we will have 2 different types of games. The first game will be a battle royal type gamemode where we will gear everybody up and give maximum 2 ifrits and place every team on the edge of a map (cocaine castle, sofia, kavala etc.) We would have a zone that gets smaller every 10-20 minutes. Last team standing wins. Depending on how many gangs sign up would be how we decide who moves on to the next round. Example, lets say theres 10 gangs that sign up. We would do 2 battle royal games with 5 teams in each game, and whoever wins the match would move on to the finals and would play a regular bo3 cartel match. 

Tell me what your thoughts are.

Edited by Reapered
George Lopaz and Heidelberg like this
Just now, Reapered said:

I'm writing this on my phone so I apologize for any grammar or spelling mistakes.

So we currently face a problem and I have given Mitch a couple of suggestions that I hope you guys like.

The problem that we face is that Mitch and I don't want to do a bo3 for every match because that will take forever. The other problem is, we also don't want to do bo1's because it wouldnt be fair for the teams who have to be on the disadvantaged side, example would be if a team had to push east arms and they lost. So I have a suggestion that might be able to fix this problem and I want to hear your opinions.

The suggestion I have is that we will have 2 different types of games. The first game will be a battle royal type gamemode where we will gear everybody up and give maximum 2 ifrits and place every team on the edge of a map (cocaine castle, sofia, kavala etc.) We would have a zone that gets smaller every 10-20 minutes. Last team standing wins. Depending on how many gangs sign up would be how we decide who moves on to the next round. Example, lets say theres 10 gangs that sign up. We would do 2 battle royal games with 5 teams in each game, and whoever wins the match would move on to the finals and would play a regular bo3 cartel match. 

Tell me what your thoughts are and if you don't like it we can discuss the possibility of doing a bo1 round robin scenario.

Could you put each gang the same distance away from a cartel with 2 ifrits each? At OG you put one gang in east forest and the other down west. Coin flip to pick side? 

Just now, Reapered said:

Tell me what your thoughts are and if you don't like it we can discuss the possibility of doing a bo1 round robin scenario.

Sounds like a great input to be honest, varies from what your typical gang wars would look like and brings some interesting scenarios. 

+1

Meth tower(1), meth peninsula(2), church cap (3), og arms (4) 

Round 1: Bo1

Round 2: Bo1

Semi: Bo3 

Finals Bo5

8vs8 with 2 subs each team.

Max of 10 people per roster

Max 10 teams

6mil payout

(Break down TBA)

2 ifrits for attacking

1 ifrit for defending.

Cap locations will be picked by Random.Org It will be set to choose a random Number between 1-4. Each location is numbered above. 

Once semi's are reached. Coin toss is used to determine winner / looser. Winner chooses Attacks or defend. Looser chooses what cap they wish to "Ban" for the first match.

next coin toss will determine who attacks/ defends the 3rd match. (If 3rd round is needed) 

Finals BO5

Once finals are reached. Coin toss is used to determine winner / looser. Winner chooses Attacks or defend. Looser chooses what cap they wish to "Ban" for the first match.

If it goes to the 5th and final match, a coin toss will take place. The winner would choose the location their spawn of that final match, and the looser would choose what town it would take place in (DP10, Telos). 

No team switching. Only allowed to be on one roster. If you are found that you have switched, the entire team that you came from, and the hosting team will be DQ. 

No perm banned players. If you are found to be hosting one in your team. Your team will be DQ'd. 

If its found months or days later. The winnings will be taken back one way or another. 

THIS IS A ROUGH DRAFT, SUBJECT TO CHANGE. 

The biggest thing I am working for, is a system that can be used with ease on a better basis. Cutting down on time, and staff resources is essential. Date and time TBD. 

Thank you for your patience and feedback 

Xehons, Sandwich and Alec-I like this
Just now, Mitch (IFRIT) said:

Finals Bo5

Max 10 teams

6mil payout

(Break down TBA)

2 ifrits for attacking

1 ifrit for defending.

Cap locations will be picked by Random.Org It will be set to choose a random Number between 1-4. Each location is numbered above. 

Once semi's are reached. Coin toss is used to determine winner / looser. Winner chooses Attacks or defend. Looser chooses what cap they wish to "Ban" for the first match.

next coin toss will determine who attacks/ defends the 3rd match. (If 3rd round is needed) 

Finals BO5

Once finals are reached. Coin toss is used to determine winner / looser. Winner chooses Attacks or defend. Looser chooses what cap they wish to "Ban" for the first match.

If it goes to the 5th and final match, a coin toss will take place. The winner would choose the location their spawn of that final match, and the looser would choose what town it would take place in (DP10, Telos). 

No team switching. Only allowed to be on one roster. If you are found that you have switched, the entire team that you came from, and the hosting team will be DQ. 

No perm banned players. If you are found to be hosting one in your team. Your team will be DQ'd. 

If its found months or days later. The winnings will be taken back one way or another. 

While I like the concept of the bracket and the way it goes from bo1 to bo5, I really think an 8v8 is too little. Why do it that way when the group cap is 14?

I'll speak with him about it. But what are the thoughts about it? 

To me in my humble opinion the concept of it is broken, at least he way he put it. Battle Royale is done on a smaller map(or space) comparatively speaking, with a very large number of players.

Edited by Steve

Finals Bo5

Max 10 teams

6mil payout

(Break down TBA)

2 ifrits for attacking

1 ifrit for defending.

Finals BO5

The biggest thing I am working for, is a system that can be used with ease on a better basis. Cutting down on time, and staff resources is essential. Date and time TBD. 

id like to see 12 v 12 with 2 subs so its a bit more  realistic to the server

Steve likes this

Finals Bo5

Max 10 teams

6mil payout

(Break down TBA)

2 ifrits for attacking

1 ifrit for defending.

Finals BO5

Is there gonna be a Winner Bracket and a Losers Bracket?

Just now, Tom said:

Yeahhhhh no

bo1 for everything up until finals

just use a coin to pick who defends

With that format you would have scenarios where teams are put at a disadvantaged side and would complain that it wasn't fair after they lost their first game.

That's why bo3 works, because both teams get to defend and attack but unfortunately we can't do bo3 because of time issues. 

You need to think about the whole picture, how long does this event need to go on for, what's the most fair format for every team etc..

I'm only trying to find a solution that's best for everybody, and I personally think my battle royal idea is that solution. It's something new and I think it would be exciting and it solves the time issues. 

Give me actual criticism of why you think it's a bad idea. 

Edited by Reapered
Heidelberg likes this
Just now, tryhardsqueaker said:

Sucks benching gang mates because kavala gangs cant fill a group.

hey good thing though is that my awakening weapon is at pri and i have 37 fail stacks trying for duo. I only have 17 durability though with no money to recover max durability so I cant go for duo yet. But, once I do get duo, I could try to get tri with a 40 fail stack but if it fails, then I go back down to pri. Which im not sure if I will do that. What do you think I should do?

Just now, Marzoh said:

hey good thing though is that my awakening weapon is at pri and i have 37 fail stacks trying for duo. I only have 17 durability though with no money to recover max durability so I cant go for duo yet. But, once I do get duo, I could try to get tri with a 40 fail stack but if it fails, then I go back down to pri. Which im not sure if I will do that. What do you think I should do?

Get Unbreaking 3 and Sharp 5

Just now, Smarty said:

Hence why were are aiming for a lower capped roster so everyone can participate not just the larger gangs.

Not everyone can participate because you are putting such a small cap on. All this does is make it so small gangs that normally cant win fights now have a better chance of winning. A number of my gang will potentially fight against us. Same can be said for gangs like Nexus and Heroic. 

Just now, tryhardsqueaker said:

Not everyone can participate because you are putting such a small cap on. All this does is make it so small gangs that normally cant win fights now have a better chance of winning. A number of my gang will potentially fight against us. Same can be said for gangs like Nexus and Heroic. 

I agree, if a gang doesnt have 10 people then they can figt with 8, no reason to limit larger gangs that fight all the time to fight with limited people. 

Just now, Marzoh said:

I agree, if a gang doesnt have 10 people then they can figt with 8, no reason to limit larger gangs that fight all the time to fight with limited people. 

Everything is negotiable. We're just trying to gage everyones opinion so that we can appease as many people as possible. That being said the 8v8 is trying to accommodate everyone whether is a smaller gang that can barely get that amount to the 15 or so NV has. Like the post says most definitely subject to change. 

Just now, Smarty said:

Everything is negotiable. We're just trying to gage everyones opinion so that we can appease as many people as possible. That being said the 8v8 is trying to accommodate everyone whether is a smaller gang that can barely get that amount to the 15 or so NV has. Like the post says most definitely subject to change. 

Everyone has the opportunity to recruit players. If Envy can fill a group of 14 with the best players they deserve to win. The goal is to showcase the best gangs on the server. Limiting players to 8 or even 10 increases room for error and can cause underdog wins. The better gang should win, changing the rules so that Silk Road can potentially knock out Temper turns it into a joke. 

Just now, Smarty said:

My honest opinion would be fuck the group cap for gang wars,(and in general) if you can't match them in numbers, match them in skill it's no one's problem but your own to get your gang more numbers or better players.

Now, I realize that this is unrealistic because the community has changed over the years so that being said forcing larger gangs to pick 8 people is asinine because fights between gangs normally contain more then 8. The group cap was never lower than 10 so let's start at 10. I feel like this being a baseline number only makes sense if a gang has to fight with less well tough shit find more people.

my idea im gonna make this quick and simple baby, gangs sign up and they get to fight,

switch commentators every bo3 between 2 people in the community (i.e Mitch and Mako first Bo3 then somebody else next bo3, and so on so people dont get bored of the same depressed voice all day).

semi finals are bo3 and finals are bo3 all maps are picked and chosen by coin flip, same with attacking and defending

nobody banned at all can play, so yanno everyone is still being good noodles up until gang wars, people can sub in for other teams if needed that way the whole dq fuck fest that the last gang wars was never happens again

prizes picked by admins keep this fucking simple sheesh

Sandwich and FudgeR like this