So I’ve been thinking about this for a while - wouldn’t it be nice to play the sniper role in Altis life?

I am aware that you can just get an RCO etc and an MK-1 and I’m good at shooting long range like this.

I just think that it would be nice to have a proper sniper rifle (not too powerful) eg a .308 with a DMS scope.

The big question is: can this be balanced into the game and who should have access to the weapon?

Just thought it would be nice to get the community’s thoughts and opinions on this subject.

Edited by Matt_
Just now, Crunchedd said:

why do people always come into these request and say yeah i reccomend for Sgt+ like chill boi no one gives a flying fuck about what cops carry or need stay in kavala

I’d like to inform you mister that i left Kavala yesterday okay. It was for a few minutes but still counts.

on a serious note though. It will never happen as those items have no need to be in an altis life game mode. Pretty much everything we have now ingame is what is acceptable for this type of game mode and cops don’t need more shit. If you’re gunna add anything give it to the rebel’s or something. The next few patches should be about them. 

Just now, Akeelagi said:

I’d like to inform you mister that i left Kavala yesterday okay. It was for a few minutes but still counts.

on a serious note though. It will never happen as those items have no need to be in an altis life game mode. Pretty much everything we have now ingame is what is acceptable for this type of game mode and cops don’t need more shit. If you’re gunna add anything give it to the rebel’s or something. The next few patches should be about them. 

You know something is seriously fucking wrong with our community when an LT says this.

Just now, Steve said:

I mean that in a good way, because cops (usually) were always not in favor of any buffs towards rebels.

ahhh okay lol but yeah i mean dont go ham with the stuff you give them as to try to retain some balance but like the rebel talentt tree needs to be reworked and they also need something like cops have for the prestige trees. the cartel locations need to be changed as they have been where they are from when i first joined the server and just a few other minor changes that people want, i think that will keep the community happy for a while. but i do get it from a dev side, a lot of these suggestions are kinda trash lol not because they are bad ideas but because they don't back up why they are good or give any direction as to how it would be set up and balanced. Also all these people who say "pre 6.0 was great" i feel are stuck on the nostalgia of that time, where they only tend to remember the good stuff, but hey im pretty new around here i guess and am a career cops so take what i say with a grain of salt. 

Edited by Akeelagi
Just now, Akeelagi said:

Also all these people who say "pre 6.0 was great" i feel are stuck on the nostalgia of that time, where they only tend to remember the good stuff, but hey im pretty new around here i guess and am a career cops so take what i say with a grain of salt. 

When people say that there is some truth to both sides. Immediately after 6.0 was released a lot of people had serious hate for it. I would say Asylum lost at least 200 really active players within 6.0. Within the coming months later on the devs said that they were getting more unique IDs every day, and I'm sure that is true but I suppose they seem to overlook that the player who is on every day for 3 hours a day will contribute more to the community(in most cases) then a group of 3 friends that play once a week for an hour or two.

They invested too much into the newer player and didn't accommodate nearly as much as they could or should have for the loyal member to the community. I do have nostalgia for what the game use to be, but that includes many things that were truly worlds better and for starters, server performance. The price of drugs never dropped so gangs could run meth all day long if they wanted to. I think most people do believe this is a bad idea because a gang can run the same thing constantly, but to me, a gang playing at all for whatever reason is better then the current state of Asylum. 

There has been many times when I would log on to make money and I couldn't because the market was too saturated, that's one less thing I can do. Which further discourages me to play if that's what I was specifically interested in doing. It seems like what is also not considered within this dynamic market setup is that when you have something like that in place cops have less of a reason to go patrol areas. Shit I never find people when I patrol on cop anymore even on s1, it's dull. I mean think about this, if people could run coke all day long without the price dropping, would you not go check the field and processor more often? That being said I'd say it's quite difficult to disagree with the premise that 2+2=4.

Edited by Steve
I can't English.