Do video cards go on a decent sale on cyber monday?

Gatorade

Just now, Sugarfoot said:

Ive been looking to get a 1070 or 1080 hopefully in the range of 300-500$. If thats even possible

I was able to get a 8GB MSI GTX 1070 for $390 USD last November at the time of sales. Currently checking its price on Amazon, it lists for $412. $22 price shift in a year during a sale period doesn't look like much saving was made. Additionally, GPUs have seen an increase in price due to the popularity of mining for cryptocurrency.

Just now, Gen. Henry Arnold said:

I was able to get a 8GB MSI GTX 1070 for $390 USD last November at the time of sales. Currently checking its price on Amazon, it lists for $412. $22 price shift in a year during a sale period doesn't look like much saving was made. Additionally, GPUs have seen an increase in price due to the popularity of mining for cryptocurrency.

Would you recommend that? I usually stick with EVGA on most stuff

Actually better question Whats the cuda cores cause the 8gb really isnt needed

Edited by Sugarfoot

Would you recommend that? I usually stick with EVGA on most stuff

I went from an EVGA 2GB 770 to the MSI 1070. Only reason I upgraded was aging of performance. Blah blah brands, they all do the same general function.

The 8GB looks pretty standard for the 1070 series of cards regardless of brand from a quick check at newegg.

Edited by Gen. Henry Arnold

hmmm thats definitly worth the money, and I doubt itll go on sale anytime soon. Itll probably sell out soon too

the 1070ti has great ptp and for $449 I would get that, also consider a 1070 openbox on amazon warehousedeals can get it for like 100-150 off brand new with a broken box

if you can afford the extra money it's better to upgrade to a 1080 or save for a month extra and get the ti, will last 60fps on 2k in games for ~3 years

Just now, JeffNotey said:

the 1070ti has great ptp and for $449 I would get that, also consider a 1070 openbox on amazon warehousedeals can get it for like 100-150 off brand new with a broken box

if you can afford the extra money it's better to upgrade to a 1080 or save for a month extra and get the ti, will last 60fps on 2k in games for ~3 years

I mean I just started making good money so im not used to spending like 500$ for a video card so im in a real debate.

Do you think theyll sell out by cyber monday - I was hoping to wait and see what I have left over for cash after buying christmas presents for the family

For $500  or less you are going to be looking at getting a 1070/1070 TI, maybe a 1080/ 1080 TI second hand, dont think you will find many 1080s new for less than $500.

If you can wait a little longer till you get $700-800 then wait to get a GTX 1080TI. (FTW3) is great, i have it.

no idea what sale prices will be like for you, we dont have a cyber monday here.

If anything everything here would get more expensive. :D

Edited by James Anderson

hmmm thats definitly worth the money, and I doubt itll go on sale anytime soon. Itll probably sell out soon too

Oh it's definitely sold out atm, but if you wait until cyber monday it might drop a little bit. I'm going to wait until cyber Monday to either buy a 1070 ti or a 1080 which ever drops lower.

5 hours ago, James Anderson said:

For $500  or less you are going to be looking at getting a 1070/1070 TI, maybe a 1080/ 1080 TI second hand, dont think you will find many 1080s new for less than $500.

If you can wait a little longer till you get $700-800 then wait to get a GTX 1080TI. (FTW3) is great, i have it.

no idea what sale prices will be like for you, we dont have a cyber monday here.

When I bought my i5 6600k, would of costed me 250 GBP but only cost me 200$ cos I bought It from someone from asylum's computer shop in the states. Looking at his prices and stuff, Its definitely cheaper over there.

5 hours ago, James Anderson said:

I can't spend that kinda money on a graphics card. I think ill aim for a 1070ti once I finish christmas shopping if there are any left.

3 hours ago, HOOLIGAN said:

Oh it's definitely sold out atm, but if you wait until cyber monday it might drop a little bit. I'm going to wait until cyber Monday to either buy a 1070 ti or a 1080 which ever drops lower.

Damn there was some pre-orders available yesterday too

19 hours ago, Sugarfoot said:

I mean I just started making good money so im not used to spending like 500$ for a video card so im in a real debate.

Do you think theyll sell out by cyber monday - I was hoping to wait and see what I have left over for cash after buying christmas presents for the family

https://www.amazon.com/EVGA-GeForce-Support-Graphics-08G-P4-6286-KR/dp/B01GAI64GO/ref=sr_1_1?s=pc&ie=UTF8&qid=1509157044&sr=1-1&keywords=1080

sell your current card to recuperate some of the money;

if you use your computer for ~40 hours a week that's 2080 hours in a year so spending $550 to make it better is 26 cents an hour for a better experience

(they will be on sale for a little on cyber monday, not as much as they used to be % wise because of the market)

Edited by JeffNotey
6 hours ago, Manolo said:

I would wait for the 1070TI which is coming in a few weeks and its got a good price tag of $450 and its going to destroy the old 1080's and 1070's its really a budget 1080TI which is the current king of all card right now.

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/nvidia-geforce-gtx-1070-ti-release-date-announced-/1100-6454388/

the 1070ti is worse than the 1080, it has better ptp than the 1070 and 1080 but raw numbers is sat in between

(also if you can't oc it then it falls behind considerably + ptp)

Edited by JeffNotey

Whats the price difference between an average 1080 and the 1070 ti though

1070ti fe = 450$ after market ~460-530 id imagine

1080 = ~500-600 some even more than that

a lot of times amazon has warehousedeals for ~450-500 for a good 1080 that normally would be ~575

ptp the 1080 has the advantage if u compare oc because its almost 100% certain that the 1070ti is locked from overclocking even on after markets

just message me on steam cause i dont  look here unless someone messages me to

Edited by JeffNotey