Got bored. Took the mission file and fucked around.

-Added Medical at PoliceHQ's

-Fixed gang permissions (only GR3+ can take out money, but GR2+ can deposit)

-Made prison less OP

-You can't chop vehicles if another player that is not in your gang / group is within 300m of the vehicle you are chopping (to prevent stealing chops and so its a little harder to chop vehicles)

-Increased payout on chopping vehicles

-You can claim illegal vehicles & add them to your garage (Can only claim ifrits atm) **You have to sit at the chop shop for 15 minutes in order to claim it.

-Rebel load out price is cheaper (took a little off each firearm and clothing)

if you have suggestions lmk.

Working on: Something you can rob (like the bank or the fed) but if you can rob it successfully it will spawn a vehicle with a bunch of gear it (The vehicle it spawns is random) some of the gear you can obtain, but some you can not. (DMS, Sniper?) the gear it spawns is randomized. You can rob it once per server restart and they must be 8 police officers online to rob. (It will also be a very cop sided facility) **PS, Olympus has something like this but it's a bit different.

NOTE: The mission file linked above is not fully complete. It has some core things taken out of it for my testing purposes. So it most likely won't work under an Altis Life Platform until I add the files back in.

Edited by Fidel C4str0
Xehons, TRYHARD, Lucky and 5 others like this
Just now, tryhardsqueaker said:

Can you make a video showcasing the changes? Im not sure how to run a mission file and you've noted that it might not work.

I would. Only issue is I don't have a server where I can log money and things like that. All the changes I've implemented will work. You can run the mission file easily, just put it in your missions folder in documents / arma 3. But you won't be able to test anything like the chop shop, or the medical at police HQ. You can definitely open it and go look at prison but other then that, you'd have to look through the code to see the changes I've made.

edit: this is mainly just to see what people want. if people like what I wrote up there, i'll recompile the mission file, and *attempt* to speak to a developer about possibly implementing it.

Edited by Fidel C4str0

I haven't looked at the mission file my self, but I'll say this, if you really did input those changes and you are not contributor or a dev I would imagine you are doing this for fun or in hopes the devs use these and proof read the script changes for bugs. Either way if you are truly willing to make these changes and the devs aren't that's saying something dude. The communities been waiting years now for a lot of changes that never happened. It is truly depressing because Asylum was the most fun I've had gaming since WOTLK in wow, and DayZ epoch on Arma 2 OA.

Roice and Flameless like this
Just now, Steve said:

Asylum was the most fun I've had gaming since WOTLK in wow, and DayZ epoch on Arma 2 OA.

Good times. 

Keep these up, @Fidel C4str0 

Make sure to produce reasonable changes. Start small, something that the devs can agree with. We need a coding hero like you.

(Consistent patches will show the community that things are being fixed and updated, boosting morale. Even if they're small, they'll make a huge difference).

Just now, Fidel C4str0 said:

-You can claim illegal vehicles & add them to your garage (Can only claim ifrits atm) **You have to sit at the chop shop for 15 minutes in order to claim it.

I like this +1.

Id be willing to bet Devs would like it more if a cost was attached though. Disabling security + changing the locks on those bad boys ain't cheap

Edited by Patato
-CK- likes this
Just now, Flameless said:

Good times. 

Keep these up, @Fidel C4str0 

Make sure to produce reasonable changes. Start small, something that the devs can agree with. We need a coding hero like you.

(Consistent patches will show the community that things are being fixed and updated, boosting morale. Even if they're small, they'll make a huge difference).

Lol, thank you, but I am definitely no coding hero, bamf and gnash could probably code circles around me.. Lol

Not to be salty or anything but most of the things are meh

• Why would cops need medical in Hqs.How hard is it to drive to the nearest medical center to get some blood bags not everything can be served on your plate.
  • I am not sure what you mean by making prison a bit OP?.I mean cops have so many ways to get in to prison if you work together and rebels have to really work on every position to successfully finish the prison.On the other hand if a gang of rebels cover the bridges with hemits and have more numbers than the cops that yeah sure they will be a pain to handle.
  • If you cant protect yourself chopping an ifrit than its your fault.Dont think its such a big thing in my opinion.
  • Meh
  • I rather have an enemy gang member chop my ifrit than use the same ifrit to push into a cartel.Would reduce people crafting vehicles and increase camping. 
  • +1
  • Suggested many times dont think its gonna happen
2 hours ago, Fidel C4str0 said:

Got bored. Took the mission file and fucked around.

-Added Medical at PoliceHQ's

-Fixed gang permissions (only GR3+ can take out money, but GR2+ can deposit)

-Made prison less OP

-You can't chop vehicles if another player that is not in your gang / group is within 300m of the vehicle you are chopping (to prevent stealing chops and so its a little harder to chop vehicles)

-Increased payout on chopping vehicles

-Rebel load out price is cheaper (took a little off each firearm and clothing)

if you have suggestions lmk.

Working on: Something you can rob (like the bank or the fed) but if you can rob it successfully it will spawn a vehicle with a bunch of gear it (The vehicle it spawns is random) some of the gear you can obtain, but some you can not. (DMS, Sniper?) the gear it spawns is randomized. You can rob it once per server restart and they must be 8 police officers online to rob. (It will also be a very cop sided facility) **PS, Olympus has something like this but it's a bit different.

NOTE: The mission file linked above is not fully complete. It has some core things taken out of it for my testing purposes. So it most likely won't work under an Altis Life Platform until I add the files back in.

Everything here is excellent but the only thing I would change is u can only deposit money if u can take money out. Maybe make it so that rank 2 and 1 can deposit money/take money out and rank 3 down cant do any of that. @bamf 

@Fidel C4str0 A lot of these are just ideas at the moment, the download link provided was a clone of the current 8.0.3 hotfix 4 unfortunately, and the zipped code was minimal. Great to ask for ideas and or feedback, but don't mislead with full releases.

We already have (unused) scripts to add chopped vehicles to garages; either they are inop, unwanted, or unbalanced. For the same reason probably, you cannot sell or buy vehicles on the Asylum Exchange. 

What is stopping from someone hiding in chopshop continuously preventing vehicles being chopped? We recently had an addition to the crafting system allowing for 7.62 rifles to be crafted at significant lower prices, and from a quick in game check yesterday, mk1s were going for $8,000 at rebel on S2. I don't see a reason for the APD faction to get access to medical supplies from their store; you keep your virtual inventory on death already, while Rebels and BHs do not get the benefit of either.

The gang ranking is a good idea, since currently there seems to be many gang ranks past 3 (I think I've seen it go to 15 in my own gang) that do not have any permissions tied with them.

Chop price is also a good consideration, with balance having to be considered and the fact that the only crime associated with chopping could be a grand theft.

As for the prison, whatever the community feedback was and is, do not tread on someone's work entirely. Get in touch with the original builders and work out any flaws with them. Bring them on board. The prison was praised for being brought to Pyrgos.

Edited by Gen. Henry Arnold