Quick thoughts on "Devs don't give us what we want" / "Dying community"

I was streaming and I decided to ask my chat if there's anyway I could help "as a streamer/youtuber" to help bring gang life a little back or just host fun stuff. Obviously the main thing was "just advertise asylum on your youtube!" but it's a little more difficult to do that than you think. Some dope ideas were brought up and I noted them down, especially an APD Precinct vs. Precinct type of battle which would be fun to watch. Anyway, it got to the point were I was giving some opinions on how certain things seem to go overlooked and how asylum really is in a minor ditch. This brought up things like:
"Devs dont listen to the community"
"They only want what they think is good for it"
"Gang life is dead"
"Asylum is dying"
etc.

Obviously this might be the critical beating of a dead horse since it's been mentioned and reiterated a multitude of times, but I decided to throw in my two cents for a little portion of the stream. If you want to watch the whole portion, it starts @ 01:26:00

Towards the end I was explaining how I think the devs should take the feedback from the community and go forward. I note there are TWO ways devs can take suggestions, either 1) "No" or 2) "I see a large percentage of the community would like this, we'll test it out and see what comes of it, even if myself or another dev don't entirely "like" it" (obviously the one we hope for). 

DISCLAIMER: In no way am I flaming, talking shit, or putting myself in the position of higher power to the developers since I am not one. I am only giving my honest opinion on what I think would help out a little in terms of a "dying community" and help bring the 'disconnect' together. There might be other reasons other than just "no," "issues," & "Bohemia restricts us" and that's understandable. The devs do what they can with the time they have & motivation/drive they bring, so thank you for that. 
I'm also a career cop and have little experience as rebel, just a few thoughts on stream.

Also I know the devs have given us some of what we want, but in regards to ALL of the really cool and inventive ideas the community agree on. That's what I'm mainly referring too. 

Edited by Sandwich
Just now, Nicolas March said:

your a YouTuber?

https://www.youtube.com/user/SpaceBoundUniverse

Yeah, I'm just the Face/Voice of this channel. Some friends and I run it. That's why its difficult to help out since we all need to be fine with it kind of thing.
If you're gunna check it out be ready for clickbait, cringe, and dead views since the main owner was slacking a little a couple weeks ago. 

Cougar. likes this
Just now, Sandwich said:

https://www.youtube.com/user/SpaceBoundUniverse

Yeah, I'm just the Face/Voice of this channel. Some friends and I run it. That's why its difficult to help out since we all need to be fine with it kind of thing.
If you're gunna check it out be ready for clickbait, cringe, and dead views since the main owner was slacking a little a couple weeks ago. 

HOLY Shit 1 week ago and 6.5k views... You weren't joking when you said dead

Sandwich likes this

So if a lot of ideas from the community are getting rejected what ideas do the devs have is the question?

Personally I think Asylum just needs new things adding so that the game mode feels fresh again. Eg when the new police HB sports were added, even though it’s a minor change it did help playing cop feel slightly freshened.

Obviously these changes are going to have to go a lot further than adding new skins etc.

Just now, Matt_ said:

So if a lot of ideas from the community are getting rejected what ideas do the devs have is the question?

Personally I think Asylum just needs new things adding so that the game mode feels fresh again. Eg when the new police HB sports were added, even though it’s a minor change it did help playing cop feel slightly freshened.

Obviously these changes are going to have to go a lot further than adding new skins etc.

Of course, sustenance is what we need. 

Just now, A Happy Bumble Bee said:

I think we should support them more, but it takes diplomacy on both sides. we'll reward their behavior with praise if they do some of what we request.

That would would be a given regardless. If you're given what you want, normally there is no room for complaints. But who knows xD

Just now, tryhardsqueaker said:

8.0.1 was met with praise after a lack luster 8.0 Then they decided to add dumb shit again 

Again I imagine there's multiple factors that come into play when working with a community, effort is one of them. If they aren't down for the idea, they won't be down to put in the effort to code whatever it is the community wants, therefore leading to it not being added. This sounds like it happens here and there, which again.... Is up to them completely and understandable; Just not what the masses want. :( 

EXAMPLE  : I WAS ONE OF THE BEST COPs AND I GOT BLACKLISTED FOR DISRESPECT? THIS COMMUNITY HAS VERY POOR PERSONALITIES AND THINGS RAN BY HIGHER UPS ARE SO CORRUPT. NOBODY CAN HAVE FUN ANYMORE. 

HIGHER UPS IN THE COP FORCE + ADMIN TEAM IS WHATS KILLING THIS COMMUNITY. 
ALL OF THE WRONG PEOPLE ARE IN CHARGE.

asylum is dying because the people in charge had the chance to have power in a large community but they have ruined it and you dont get a second chance. what you get is a dead server.

Edited by T0xic

People should accept the fact that the current dev team doesn't have the people or talent to code the countless suggestions. Arma mission files are not your average code. It's in SQF syntax, which is unique to Arma franchise. The only thing players could do to help is to provide working SQF code to the developers.

Sandwich likes this
Just now, Maric said:

People should accept the fact that the current dev team doesn't have the people or talent to code the countless suggestions. Arma mission files are not your average code. It's in SQF syntax, which is unique to Arma franchise. The only thing players could do to help is to provide working SQF code to the developers.

yeaaaaaahhhhh, you do have a point. Who knows, maybe one day we'll get that coding hero

Not to start a bitch fest, but it does seem as though the devs/verteran staff members may have lost some enthusiasm for Asylum and they are just sticking along for the ride. A bit like some higher ups do in the APD, where they will get their activities in but never be active.

I would agree in the fact that in some places higher ups and some staff will not be the right people in charge.

This obviously leads into a negative impact with everything else as they are the main ones who call the shots.

Sandwich and Steve like this
Just now, Matt_ said:

Not to start a bitch fest, but it does seem as though the devs/verteran staff members may have lost some enthusiasm for Asylum and they are just sticking along for the ride. A bit like some higher ups do in the APD, where they will get their activities in but never be active.

I would agree in the fact that in some places higher ups and some staff will not be the right people in charge.

This obviously leads into a negative impact with everything else as they are the main ones who call the shots.

There's definitely a few bad apples in the batch. That's for certain. They get weeded out over time though

Just now, T0xic said:

EXAMPLE  : I WAS ONE OF THE BEST COPs AND I GOT BLACKLISTED FOR DISRESPECT? THIS COMMUNITY HAS VERY POOR PERSONALITIES AND THINGS RAN BY HIGHER UPS ARE SO CORRUPT. NOBODY CAN HAVE FUN ANYMORE. 

HIGHER UPS IN THE COP FORCE + ADMIN TEAM IS WHATS KILLING THIS COMMUNITY. 
ALL OF THE WRONG PEOPLE ARE IN CHARGE.

asylum is dying because the people in charge had the chance to have power in a large community but they have ruined it and you dont get a second chance. what you get is a dead server.

Your second chance occurred after I had to kick your drunk ass off the server because you were not able to handle yourself while on cop. 

I just want to say one thing about all this they don't listen to our ideas.

You have to remember like legit 98 % of the ideas are so dumb and not actually possible to go trough with. And most of them are just for people to have it easier on the server, with more money etc for fuck all effort.

Don't get me wrong some of the ideas are actually good aswell, but the majority is actually pretty bad.

Blake., JAY1HP, Flameless and 5 others like this
Just now, Rodrigo said:

I just want to say one thing about all this they don't listen to our ideas.

You have to remember like legit 98 % of the ideas are so dumb and not actually possible to go trough with. And most of them are just for people to have it easier on the server, with more money etc for fuck all effort.

That's also a very valid point, but ideas similar to that "evidence lockup(drugs/vehicles)". I've heard devs said they don't exactly want it for some it so they wont spend time coding it simply because it's a lot of work, even though the community would LOVE it. ;-; :FeelsBadMan:

Just now, Hanzo/Dirty Scrubz said:

Sandwich if you want to grow your channel then I'd suggest playing other popular games. ARMA 3 itself is dead and Asylum even more so which limits your viewership and reach. 

Well here's the plan. ARMA 3 gets me my most views, I transition games mid stream to be higher up on the streamer list for that newer/more popular game, leading to more viewers from that game since I'm higher on the list. I got a plan, don't worry <3
Still love streaming Asylum though since it's home for me, and I'll keep coming back to stream as long as its alive

Edited by Sandwich
Just now, Gnashes said:

Mechanics to chopshop that let you put someone's car in your garage with no timer and no fee. Heavy Plater Carrier GLs in the Rebel shop.

And let's not get started on the staircase he added to the back of coke castle that never saw the light of day.

Geez that sure sounds like suggestions about having chop shop claim your illegal vehicles I like this guy 

#justice4KBW

drex, Google™, JAY1HP and 1 other like this
Just now, Gnashes said:

Mechanics to chopshop that let you put someone's car in your garage with no timer and no fee. Heavy Plater Carrier GLs in the Rebel shop.

And let's not get started on the staircase he added to the back of coke castle that never saw the light of day.

At-least he actually adds stuff unlike some Developers. I hate joining a Asylum server and there is only 20 people on. All because Devolpers are to lazy to communicate with the community and tell us why they haven't added anything new. Ganshes if you have been working "non-stop" since July pls show us what you have been working on, Just communicate with us bro.

Edited by Beet
Remove @
Just now, Xehons said:

Geez that sure sounds like suggestions about having chop shop claim your illegal vehicles I like this guy 

#justice4KBW

I agree, that feature about putting illegal vehicles into your garage instead of chopping it would be great

you guys should also close 2 or at least 1 server cuz all people do is run drugs with no cops on a dead server. @Gnashes

Edited by General Baked Potatoes