Arma 3 Launcher Won't Start

I just wiped my PC because I was having issues when logging in and having my desktop disappear and flash constantly.

Now that I have re-installed Windows 10 Pro and Arma 3, I am unable to launch Arma 3 from Steam. I can launch Arma3_x64.exe from the installation directory, but I cannot open the Arma 3 Launcher. If I try to open it, it will not open at all and will act as if I never opened it. If I try to open Arma 3 from Steam, it will act in a similar way; it will say "Running" and then it will say "Syncing" and close. Nothing ever pops up.

Has anyone else had this issue? How do you fix it? I've tried most of the launcher troubleshooting from here: https://arma3.com/launcher/troubleshooting and have not yet come to a solution.

I would appreciate any help.

Just now, Joe (StealthProxy) said:

I just wiped my PC because I was having issues when logging in and having my desktop disappear and flash constantly.

Now that I have re-installed Windows 10 Pro and Arma 3, I am unable to launch Arma 3 from Steam. I can launch Arma3_x64.exe from the installation directory, but I cannot open the Arma 3 Launcher. If I try to open it, it will not open at all and will act as if I never opened it. If I try to open Arma 3 from Steam, it will act in a similar way; it will say "Running" and then it will say "Syncing" and close. Nothing ever pops up.

Has anyone else had this issue? How do you fix it? I've tried most of the launcher troubleshooting from here: https://arma3.com/launcher/troubleshooting and have not yet come to a solution.

I would appreciate any help.

noooo joe

Just now, Sean That Irish Guy said:

Go to Bohemia_Interactive in AppData (or just search in your PC Bohemia_Interactive) and drag out any folder beginning with 'arma3launcher.exe_Url' to your desktop. Then try to run it. If it works, delete the folder you just pulled out to desktop and enjoy :)

Found some people with the same problem and this worked. Worth a try.^

Probably your best bet is this ^

Just now, Sean That Irish Guy said:

Go to Bohemia_Interactive in AppData (or just search in your PC Bohemia_Interactive) and drag out any folder beginning with 'arma3launcher.exe_Url' to your desktop. Then try to run it. If it works, delete the folder you just pulled out to desktop and enjoy :)

Found some people with the same problem and this worked. Worth a try.^

The folders do not exist in any of the AppData folders, even if you display Hidden files and folders.

Can you try and see if you can see such "Bohemia Interactive" folders in AppData?

Just now, Joe (StealthProxy) said:

The folders do not exist in any of the AppData folders, even if you display Hidden files and folders.

Can you try and see if you can see such "Bohemia Interactive" folders in AppData?

The Bohemia_Interactive folder is the local part of your app data, not the roaming, it should be here.

C:\Users\USER\AppData\Local\Bohemia_Interactive

I might honestly just wipe again and try from the start.

Turns out I have a bunch of corrupted DLLs from .NET Framework and within System32.

I'll try repairing the files from my Windows installation USB or just start all over.

EDIT: Fixed the issue by upgrading my Windows 10 version to the new Fall Creators Update. However, now I cannot connect at all to Wi-Fi because my network adapter's drivers aren't compatible with the new Windows version.

Edited by Joe (StealthProxy)
  • 1 year later...