New Police Uniforms/ Swat Gear Overall ?

Hey guys, so i'm simply making this Topic for peoples opinion. i feel like some of the police gear looks a bit ... bad.

but i also feel like not only a retexture but new police vests for Constable+ would be good so Officers could have a more decent (Better armor aswell) to wear for looks and against those pesky pistol bangers.

Theres also a re-texture for some Dank Swat Gear for bank feds ect ... 

Swat Gear:

9dba9108f64059a6ee726a822ad0f4dd.png

ccf7167a2329f1c4843ddfee1642bc3f.png

79c51d8c01d04f1eea82aa7cf1057940.png

Police Tactial Vest/ Chest Rigs, For Constable+:

7a735b56343f39adc0bf943918f0ef01.png

Something Along those lines-

138d09dbbb2dd9219bb717adb040fe24.png

i was thinking the Plate armor/Chest rigs could be either added in the MX Skill tree or a seperate one like the Tactical Vest. make it a bit more expensive for Constables and cheaper for Higher ups to purchase. Again this is simply a suggestion that i would personally love to see but everyone has different opinions and it would be nice to hear them.

@bamf @Gnashes @BlackShot @Flameless @KrazyKnight @Sandwich @Clint Beastwood @DarkKnight @Gen. Henry Arnold @ColtonB205

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=32549

Edited by General Baked Potatoes
uc., BlackShot, Atra and 14 others like this
Just now, Norwegianviking said:

You cannot skin vests, the only thing you can put a skin on is a uniforms and backpacks. Uniforms is the only thing that can be implemented from that mod as it uses vanilla textures but I doubt they will as it's a public skin.

To retexture vehicles and uniforms, you use the setobjecttexture command,Vests and headgear don't support that that i know of. so you can't use textures on them. They have to be config'ed as a separate item, which, as you know, requires a mod.  When you join a server and you're new it automatically downloads the mod for you i don't see whats the problem with having a few low usage mods ...

config.cpp.

In the INIT line of the object you want re-textured, place this for uniforms and vehicles

setObjectTexture [0, "\pboname\texture.paa"];

Edited by General Baked Potatoes
Just now, General Baked Potatoes said:

To retexture vehicles and uniforms, you use the setobjecttexture command,Vests and headgear don't support that that i know of. so you can't use textures on them. They have to be config'ed as a separate item, which, as you know, requires a mod.  When you join a server and you're new it automatically downloads the mod for you i don't see whats the problem with having a few low usage mods ...

config.cpp.

In the INIT line of the object you want re-textured, place this for uniforms and vehicles

The problem with having a few low usage mods is the playerbase is already low. What are people gonna do when they have to download shit to play?

Also a lot of the stuff in here is a mod. Such as the hat, and the zip ties on the vest. Maybe Asylum should make a Life server? :thinking:

not happening woops

Edited by Fidel C4str0

config.cpp.

You're telling me something I already, you don't download a mod when you join a server. You're downloading the mission file and its not the same as a mod, If he would want to add skins then it would be placed in the mission file like all of these

01ed6c95b348316c53a7a874f4f03bc0.png

Adding mods would make people download it before joining the server like this

07d1d5d2208bc273acacf064f0fd4f6d.png

I'd love a modded server but adding just one mod would be dumb as hell.

police gear looks a bit ... bad.

Dated would be the correct term to use to describe some of our police uniforms. From my understanding we have had the same color uniforms sense we started texturing them. When it comes down to much of what I see in these images I see things that require mods to do. Also on the topic of the plate carrier this would put cops on a more OP side of things which is not the intention of the cops. We are the faction that are supposed to be greater in numbers but not better in gear then the rebels. As I have heared said on many occasions... "The APD is designed to from time to time lose to the people with a PDW and beable to defeat the people with high end rebel gear".

Just now, ColtonB205 said:

Dated would be the correct term to use to describe some of our police uniforms. From my understanding we have had the same color uniforms sense we started texturing them. When it comes down to much of what I see in these images I see things that require mods to do. Also on the topic of the plate carrier this would put cops on a more OP side of things which is not the intention of the cops. We are the faction that are supposed to be greater in numbers but not better in gear then the rebels. As I have heared said on many occasions... "The APD is designed to from time to time lose to the people with a PDW and beable to defeat the people with high end rebel gear".

it wouldn't be as OP as Officers with Coveralls and Tac Vest. it could be any armor i could re-texture, its just that the Tac vest is ugly asf and for people who don't have Coveralls we are stuck with less armor than others, the difference is barely noticeable though in terms of Armor.

Just now, Norwegianviking said:

You're telling me something I already, you don't download a mod when you join a server. You're downloading the mission file and its not the same as a mod, If he would want to add skins then it would be placed in the mission file like all of these

01ed6c95b348316c53a7a874f4f03bc0.png

Adding mods would make people download it before joining the server like this

07d1d5d2208bc273acacf064f0fd4f6d.png

I'd love a modded server but adding just one mod would be dumb as hell.

i think you might be confused with what i'm saying. When you join a server if you do not have the mods it warns you and then you can download them automatically IF you have a Custom launcher like A3 Launcher. Yes mission files are not Mods lol

Just now, Gen. Henry Arnold said:

Developers already went over this, since mods do not auto download, there is no interest in modded content. If you can work with the vanilla game, that's fine.

Unfortunatly since Bohemia has mild Autism, some items cannot be re-textured unless you pluggin modded items. The base Vanilla game makes it very bland after a while, i would suggest Closing 2 Servers and opening 1 With a bunch of Mods to spice it up for the community. 

Just now, Fidel C4str0 said:

The problem with having a few low usage mods is the playerbase is already low. What are people gonna do when they have to download shit to play?

Also a lot of the stuff in here is a mod. Such as the hat, and the zip ties on the vest. Maybe Asylum should make a Life server? :thinking:

not happening woops

Altis life is one of the Few game "mods" that have servers who do not use mods. Theres some that do, but its mostly ones like Exile, Epoch ect...

it wouldn't be as OP as Officers with Coveralls and Tac Vest. it could be any armor i could re-texture, its just that the Tac vest is ugly asf and for people who don't have Coveralls we are stuck with less armor than others, the difference is barely noticeable though in terms of Armor.

i think you might be confused with what i'm saying. When you join a server if you do not have the mods it warns you and then you can download them automatically IF you have a Custom launcher like A3 Launcher. Yes mission files are not Mods lol

Unfortunatly since Bohemia has mild Autism, some items cannot be re-textured unless you pluggin modded items. The base Vanilla game makes it very bland after a while, i would suggest Closing 2 Servers and opening 1 With a bunch of Mods to spice it up for the community. 

They already tried a modded server and it fell apart. The main issue being when the mods would have any sort of update they had to take down the server update the mods and relaunch the server and then all the players had to download sometimes multiple gigabytes of data just to hop on the server again. They concluded it was too much of a hassle and there wasn't enough of a player base to keep the server going.

Just now, Tyler said:

They already tried a modded server and it fell apart. The main issue being when the mods would have any sort of update they had to take down the server update the mods and relaunch the server and then all the players had to download sometimes multiple gigabytes of data just to hop on the server again. They concluded it was too much of a hassle and there wasn't enough of a player base to keep the server going.

Yes those are normal steps to updating mods. I'm guessing it wasn't very popular. It also depends on the servers popularity based on the content within the server. If the mods were crap it wont have much attention