DramaAlert News #7 - ASYLUM LOSES SERVER #4 // RIP

DramaAlert

It's November of 2016, servers are popping every server full 100/100. One year later, servers are dead only one server has the population to keep a group of people active and having an enjoyable time. Higher ups, on the servers that can't even get enough people on to do a bank, are desperate they're willing to make hasty decisions that can affect Asylum has a whole.

JBDragon, ClockWerk, Utilize, Zim2233, and multiple other Precinct (Server) 4 Higher ups decided to make that "hasty decision", we previously discussed. They whiteliste themselves on Precinct 1, even though they're from precinct 4! This isn't just a cop thing, this is a civ thing, this is a medic thing, this is a Community thing! (If you don't understand the being whitelisted to one Precinct then read the background knowledge at the bottom of this thread)

The reason this relates back to the community so much is that, when a Precinct can't even fulfill the neediness of the higher ups on it that should be a sure sign that we need to remove that server or at least have a new outlook on what's going on here at Asylum.

What is our point we're trying to make?
We're trying to say that, this is a sign that Asylum is going down the drain and they need to do something quickly to keep the attention of their players and to even keep them at all, period.

Evidence to back up our claims:

Spoiler

jAuoak7.png

pTrdWqq.png

Spoiler

biyjc2S.png

Background Knowledge:

Spoiler

Corporals+ are locked to one specific server, so let's say I wanted to get promoted then I have to specifically go through a process dedicated to that one specific Asylum server. When you do this you gain access to the Medic, Warrant, and Undercover Cop slots. These allow you to defib people faster, track fugitives while on duty, and even go undercover. However, if I'm a Corporal, I'm a Corporal on Asylum, but I'm precincted to one specific server in this case let's say Asylum (Precinct) #4, I'm unable to go to Asylum #1 and play as a Medic. I'm stuck to Asylum #4 as a Medic, which disallows me from using these special slots to gain an advantage while on duty. The reason this is done to our knowledge, is to make it so that people are playing that one specific Asylum server more and not all flocking to one which helps keep higher ups spread out.

Submit a story: Click here to be redirected to a tab to submit a story!

Edited by DramaAlert
Just now, Azeh said:

@KBW is probably the only person willing to code for Asylum at this point, yet any attempt to get in contact with Bamf has been unsuccessful. Forum mentions, Discord messages, forum messages.

d55cb319f651595c3337eb21f722d0da.png xd @Haych

No developer would be able to revive Asylum, but when it's been 2 months since the last meaningful update, something has to happen. I'm not sure if Bamf and Gnashes simply don't have time or if they've lost interest completely, but I think it's laughable how they have someone offering help but don't seem to accept it. 

They have the time, they just play PUBG all day or sit in TS

Just now, Azeh said:

@KBW is probably the only person willing to code for Asylum at this point, yet any attempt to get in contact with Bamf has been unsuccessful. Forum mentions, Discord messages, forum messages.

No developer would be able to revive Asylum, but when it's been 2 months since the last meaningful update, something has to happen. I'm not sure if Bamf and Gnashes simply don't have time or if they've lost interest completely, but I think it's laughable how they have someone offering help but don't seem to accept it. 

hey @bamf i think you've got a message or something

Edited by Jimbo
Just now, Leady said:

Just to clarify JBdragon is a captain in game, so he is already whitelisted to all server cop roles.

Just now, Leady said:

0.o when did I say that? Reading is hard.

I mean the post wasn’t just about JB but your right reading must be hard. Clearly for you anyways seeing as you missed the part where it mentioned clock, zim and utilize. 

Just now, Fidel C4str0 said:

You most likely have no idea what he can and can't do.. I'm taking a guess. We can assume that this is Bamf's and Gnashes' fault but.. We don't really know 100% tbh

No I don’t have any clue but one would think being a Co-Owner to the community one would think he has a lot of power.. more than anyone else besides the actual owner.. but common sense isn’t normal these days, it’s a gift that some people have, many do not.

Just now, BigBunnehDee said:

I mean the post wasn’t just about JB but your right reading must be hard. Clearly for you anyways seeing as you missed the part where it mentioned clock, zim and utilize. 

Where exactly did I miss that part? I didn't mention it because they are not captains. Also *you're.

Mayhem likes this
Just now, BigBunnehDee said:

It was irrelevant to mention JB is a captain and white listed on all servers? Anybody with a brain knows. 

ab0093e610794bdfad34d767432b3e88.png

The OP states "JBDragon, ClockWerk, Utilize, Zim2233, and multiple other Precinct (Server) 4 Higher ups decided to make that "hasty decision", we previously discussed. They whiteliste themselves on Precinct 1, even though they're from precinct 4!" Implying JB is a p4 higher up who white listed himself on p1. Thus the reason for the clarification. Also "Anybody with a brain knows.." Knows what?

Edit - This is fun.

Crossfade and Mayhem like this
Just now, Leady said:

ab0093e610794bdfad34d767432b3e88.png

The OP states "JBDragon, ClockWerk, Utilize, Zim2233, and multiple other Precinct (Server) 4 Higher ups decided to make that "hasty decision", we previously discussed. They whiteliste themselves on Precinct 1, even though they're from precinct 4!" Implying JB is a p4 higher up who white listed himself on p1. Thus the reason for the clarification. Also "Anybody with a brain knows.." Knows what?

Edit - This is fun.

Okie dokie. 

30 minutes ago, BigBunnehDee said:

No I don’t have any clue but one would think being a Co-Owner to the community one would think he has a lot of power.. more than anyone else besides the actual owner.. but common sense isn’t normal these days, it’s a gift that some people have, many do not.

I completely agree. I feel like updates would be normal if they had Paratus approving. Gnash and Bamf most likely do have access to the live server but, if they do something, Paratus might remove their access. Just my theory.

3 hours ago, Azeh said:

im curious on what KBW sent bamf. Mind showing the community? 

6 hours ago, DramaAlert said:

However, if I'm a Corporal, I'm a Corporal on Asylum, but I'm precincted to one specific server in this case let's say Asylum (Precinct) #4, I'm unable to go to Asylum #1 and play as a Medic

You're not in a sense, locked to one server, you're just unable to use the Precincted slots on other servers. So I can be a corporal on Server 1, use the designated slots, etc. However, I am allowed to go on to server 2-4 if I so choose, I just lose those special slots

6 hours ago, Azeh said:

If hes that interested Ill give you bamfs home coordinates and you can show up there click here