Serious Question About Asylum

Just now, RainbowLlama said:

When Bohemia does one of those free weekends and 50% discount, you will see an increase of players. When they release tac ops and a tank dlc it might spike up a little as well. But its that damn PUBG that makes arma less attractive. Even though Arma is 100 times the better game. 

only people that will play it will be kavala trolls so server will still be dead rebel wise.

Just now, Mr Smirnoff said:

well Bohemia kinda killed that for these communities since you can't really make any money anymore to support a developer etc 

@Gnashes said they can have people pay for unbans. Im sure there are plenty of people with perms that would pay to be unbanned. They might be able to sell Asylum money for IRL money too.

Just now, Azeh said:

Contrary to popular belief, if it was up to me I'd unban everyone with non-cheating bans and some 3rd party apps under certain circumstances. 

I report people either because I get money or because I dislike them, but in most cases it's the former :)

a lot of servers to re gain population have been having an unbanathon. Asylum devs are still in 2015 tho and still think the servers are the best.

TRYHARD likes this
Just now, Azeh said:

Contrary to popular belief, if it was up to me I'd unban everyone with non-cheating bans and some 3rd party apps under certain circumstances. 

I report people either because I get money or because I dislike them, but in most cases it's the former :)

They unbanned @william and he made a decent gang. Theres a few others that would likely to the same thing. The devs say they dont have time to be working on Asylum but any Admin can improve gang life with the press of a few buttons. 

Sandwich and Patato like this
Just now, Azeh said:

Contrary to popular belief, if it was up to me I'd unban everyone with non-cheating bans and some 3rd party apps under certain circumstances, and leave certain harassment bans (death threats and so on).

who is permed that isnt for cheating tho

I think the step to development is to revert things back to the way they were.

• Remove Rotation of Drugs.
  • Revert Money ($10,000 Today's Money = $100,000 then) Make people feel that they are actually making allot of money.
  • Remove Group Cap.

Add some things ?

• Add new rebel base event up at Old Oil Processor ( Bank - Rotation Or Gun Vehicle and money Seize).
  • Add rewards for player achievements. ( bounty hunter )
  • Re texture the whole medic system to suit the new vehicles ( old off road needs updated Medic uniforms needs slight adjustments )
  • Re texture some player base achievements and donor ( keep Chrome) Change Wolf Dew Hatch to Redgull hatch Etc.

Small Changes and Frequent Changes can actually keep people interested.

Just now, Azeh said:

My bad, by cheating I was thinking of scripting/hacking. Unban them if they've been banned for over a year and/or if there's little reason to believe they will do it again. 

Unban people that are banned for pulldowns, lag switching, exploiting, dpi glitching etc. 

All those things you mentioned as not being cheating are 100% cheating...

Just now, 7th Ward Charizard said:

#unbaniFox 

Too much salt in one particular vag for that to ever happen.

The server's dead because of a content drought.  Few people like to do the same thing over and over and over again, so fresh content is required to maintain community members.  Sense there is no content, it's bound to die anyway.  I offered to do dev work for the server, Bamf said he would get back to me.  That was 9/13/2017, so they're not interested in new devs.  @Chester GoldPenis

TL;DR:  There won't be any new devs, and current devs. don't have the time to maintain content for a community, so Asylum is a lost cause.

Edited by Windmere
Bikstok, Xehons, Sandwich and 3 others like this
1 hour ago, RainbowLlama said:

When Bohemia does one of those free weekends and 50% discount, you will see an increase of players. When they release tac ops and a tank dlc it might spike up a little as well. But its that damn PUBG that makes arma less attractive. Even though Arma is 100 times the better game. 

How is a Tank update going to improve Asylums player base.

These players will log in, do 1 money run, get mass kicked then never come back from the sale.

As for Arma being a better game than PUBG... wake up and compare the player base. At least they get frequent updates and I'm sure they wouldn't take as long as Bohemia to fix cars getting stuck in fucking sand.

Just now, Azeh said:

My bad, by cheating I was thinking of scripting/hacking. Unban them if they've been banned for over a year and/or if there's little reason to believe they will do it again. 

Unban people that are banned for pulldowns, lag switching, exploiting, dpi glitching etc. 

ahh, that would be very smart

im sure if my man Valk got unbanned he could assemble some sort of Depravity roster again.

massi likes this
2 hours ago, Mr Smirnoff said:

well Bohemia kinda killed that for these communities since you can't really make any money anymore to support a developer etc 

Well I disagree that devs cant make money off this, the only reason I know me as well as many gang mates havent donated is because of the fact the server is dying anyways. Remove two servers that are half full at most on a good day and combine em, then we wouldnt seem so dead, players would be forced onto the same server.

4 hours ago, tryhardsqueaker said:

Why still have 4 servers if the game is dying?

Probably because having 2 full servers = non stop mass kicks which would probably drive more people away, just a guess

On 11/5/2017 at 10:42 AM, Smee said:

• Revert Money ($10,000 Today's Money = $100,000 then) Make people feel that they are actually making allot of money.

Adding a 0 isn't going to do anything at all, literally doesn't matter if you have 100$ in your bank or $1,000,000. What matters is how much it is actually worth in terms of purchasable items. If you walk into a grocery store with 1000Yen you can buy three apples. Then fly to another country and convert all that currency into lets say $10CAD you still can only buy three apples. Another 0 in your bank account doesn't fix anything if everything that you can buy has a 0 on it as well.

I have 1$ of Canadian currency. convert that to the now defunct ZWM ((Zimbabwe dollar)) its actually

$92,233,720,368,547,760.00 ZWM. Wow look at all those numbers i must be rich! Oh wait no i still only have 1$

Edited by Patato
Just now, Patato said:

Adding a 0 isn't going to do anything at all, literally doesn't matter if you have 100$ in your bank or $1,000,000. What matters is how much it is actually worth in terms of purchasable items. If you walk into a grocery store with 1000Yen you can buy three apples. Then fly to another country and convert all that currency into lets say $10CAD you still can only buy three apples. Another 0 in your bank account doesn't fix anything if everything that you can buy has a 0 on it as well.

I have 1$ of Canadian currency. convert that to the now defunct ZWM ((Zimbabwe dollar)) its actually

$92,233,720,368,547,760.00 ZWM. Wow look at all those numbers i must be rich! Oh wait no i still only have 1$

Yes but when a new play comes and sees he onl y got 2k from a weed run he would quit... since no other server is like that..