BRING BACK STRIFE!!!

Okay im telling you Strife was the most fun game mode I have seen on Arma in a while! Like okay you guys broke the server by shoveling money at the players but really.....don't take it down....lower the money given.....yes people stopped playing due to this but you gave it no time...I for one would have gladly played it even if I didn't get a cent simply because it was LIIIT.

Bugs don't mean you should give up on the server and nor does lack of players, I don't know why but I feel like im the only person who actually enjoyed playing it instead of just afking in a building to farm money :(

Sail, Xehons, DeepHouse and 3 others like this
Just now, Blake Suley said:

ive never played it but i heard great things.

Yeah dude theres a lot of folks who never got the chance to even play it and I think that in itself shows that It could still be something, I feel like theres still an interest in it that's not being taken into account. Like picture domination in battlefield taken to a huge scale across the whole map with like 15 cap points where there are sparatic and random gunfights all over the map it was so immersive and was just very fun.

Blake. likes this
Just now, Cloudy said:

Yeah dude theres a lot of folks who never got the chance to even play it and I think that in itself shows that It could still be something, I feel like theres still an interest in it that's not being taken into account. Like picture domination in battlefield taken to a huge scale across the whole map with like 15 cap points where there are sparatic and random gunfights all over the map it was so immersive and was just very fun.

+1

Just now, HomeTrlx said:

They could've said money on strife will stay on strife and wont carry over. ( And only give money to the players account when they win the war)

Pretty simple.

I agree they gave no effort to it, they said oh it wont make us money might as well take it down due to lack of effort being put into it. To be honest how hard could a server like that possibly be to script and keep on top of. Its pretty straight forward if you ask me. Simple fixes is all im sayin

Blake. likes this
Just now, Cloudy said:

I agree they gave no effort to it, they said oh it wont make us money might as well take it down due to lack of effort being put into it. To be honest how hard could a server like that possibly be to script and keep on top of. Its pretty straight forward if you ask me. Simple fixes is all im sayin

Because of a "community fix" where you get 20k each idk how many hours was retarded.

@bamf  Just open the Strife server up again with a different "money system"...

Aka. 300k Start money (if you keep the prices). And give more money for kills / captures (defending)....

Money will stay on strife. You will only get money from winning the war. (into your Asylum account)

Then ppl will play it again.

Edited by HomeTrlx
Adem, Cloudy and Blake. like this
Just now, thero said:

Only way it will be worth it for asylum to put STRIFE up again is if they reverted to the original 20k paychecks, without that there would be 0 players on it... 

That's what broke it in the first place, its a game mode to play and enjoy not a server for people to get on and money farm. The people who actually played it for what it was got fucked over because of that exact reason. Nobody played it after they did that because they got so used to all that money they became spoiled to it and forgot about the fact that the game itself was fun as hell. When they did reduce the paychecks they didn't give it enough time and said oh well nobodys playing it now....that's because it became not worth it due to losing money in life as well as strife. Quoting HomeTrix if they were to keep the money on strife only and just made it to where if you win the war you get money I asylum it would help fix this.

Blake. likes this
Just now, Cloudy said:

That's what broke it in the first place, its a game mode to play and enjoy not a server for people to get on and money farm. The people who actually played it for what it was got fucked over because of that exact reason. Nobody played it after they did that because they got so used to all that money they became spoiled to it and forgot about the fact that the game itself was fun as hell. When they did reduce the paychecks they didn't give it enough time and said oh well nobodys playing it now....that's because it became not worth it due to losing money in life as well as strife. Quoting HomeTrix if they were to keep the money on strife only and just made it to where if you win the war you get money I asylum it would help fix this.

They gave it 2 weeks of a straight 0 pop on the server, they gave it plenty of time. It is pretty simple, no money = no players. If they brought it back with HomeTrlx's idea then it might have a chance of sustaining a 20+ pop, even then I don't see it going back to a full server.

massi likes this
Just now, thero said:

They gave it 2 weeks of a straight 0 pop on the server, they gave it plenty of time. It is pretty simple, no money = no players. If they brought it back with HomeTrlx's idea then it might have a chance of sustaining a 20+ pop, even then I don't see it going back to a full server.

Youre still correlating it with people who are trying to make money. Itd just be something people can get on to take a beak from the cancer of asylum life. even a 20 pop id play and new players who come on could see it and most likely enjoy it because they've never known a 20k fkin paycheck, so to them its just a fun time.

Just now, Cloudy said:

Youre still correlating it with people who are trying to make money. Itd just be something people can get on to take a beak from the cancer of asylum life. even a 20 pop id play and new players who come on could see it and most likely enjoy it because they've never known a 20k fkin paycheck, so to them its just a fun time.

Bottom line is that it isn't worth Asylum's time or money to host a server that would have little to no players on it. 

Just now, Windmere said:

If that was the case, the only servers up right now would be (maybe) server #1.  So that's invalid <3.

It is the case, the only problem is with the current dead servers is that they would need to refund people's houses and do something with the P4 cops. It would be a bigger task than just taking down a dead game mode without white listed cops and player-owned houses.

Edited by thero
Just now, thero said:

It is the case, the only problem is with the current dead servers is that they would need to refund people's houses and do something with the P4 cops. It would be a bigger task then just taking down a dead game mode without white listed cops and player-owned houses.

"Would have to refund"

I got some BOMB weed the other day, but PLEASE tell me what you're smoking to think they have to do shit, they could pull the plug tomorrow and ride off into the sunset lol.

Blake. and Cloudy like this
Just now, Windmere said:

"Would have to refund"

I got some BOMB weed the other day, but PLEASE tell me what you're smoking to think they have to do shit, they could pull the plug tomorrow and ride off into the sunset lol.

They wouldn't have to, but all of the players on S4 would be pissed. Why would you want to make the people that play your server pissed? That makes 0 sense

Just now, Cloudy said:

ip for the us server??? how do I find this lol excuse any obvious ignorance I don't hop servers much

http://www.eutw.net/game-servers/

I regret to inform you there is no NA servers...This whole concept came from this community..Asylum just tweaked it to their liking..Added the Asylum icons & changed names around made some cool video and that was that..

@bamf it really should come back it was really fun with the same system and everything even the 20k per 15 minutes its balanced its also the same as running diamonds in a box truck unprocessed it was just a fun concept with money the solution wasn't to make it 20k per hour that was just a bad idea but I really really think you should bring it back not everyone has enough time to get on and fight cartels but playing strife was quick instant action in less than a minute or two please consider 

Cloudy likes this
Just now, thero said:

It is the case, the only problem is with the current dead servers is that they would need to refund people's houses and do something with the P4 cops. It would be a bigger task than just taking down a dead game mode without white listed cops and player-owned houses.

Why shut down the second most populated server?

Edited by Tusken Raider