TrackIR Cheap alternatives & Tips

***WARNING 90% OF THE PLAYER BASE WON'T CARE***

Its just for those who do.

So i just received a "Different" TrackIR setup, For those who don't know what TrackIR 5 Is, Its basically a camera + IR Nodes that track each other on your head and translates it into the game. So when you look around in real life it looks around in-game.

DEMO VIDEO: 

This is TrackIR it costs around 150/200 USD. The version i bought is called TrackHat and costs around 30/50 USD Depending on what version you get and if you pick the camera.

This kit i bought had a camera and a wireless clip with the 3 IR Nodes, It works just as well as TrackIR ( I've used it before at a friends place ) and is much cheaper. And the best thing it helps immensely with flying helicopters not only in ArmA 3 but also in space sims and flight sims. Those who want to get it and need help or some more detail feel free to contact me personally.

https://gyazo.com/eff47baf64b468d1dff1e3d3d95448a7

Edited by TheCrestedPenguin
1 hour ago, Squirtle said:

hat track is pretty bad. i had it b4 and didnt like it. so i bought the track ir clip. 

This, IR Clip is much more responsive than the hat. Plus, if you're in a dark setting the sensor tends to have a harder time picking up the movements from the hat. That's just my personal preference, but one thing is certain. Track IR + AFM = A much more helpful and fun experience in aircraft/helis. 

7 hours ago, Brendon Smith said:

Its cheaper then buying VR 

Also for @TheCrestedPenguin is hat track any good?

I bought the clip but the company is called TrackHat. :P

6 hours ago, Squirtle said:

hat track is pretty bad. i had it b4 and didnt like it. so i bought the track ir clip. 

I didn't like the hat either cause i don't like wearing hats with my headset so i bought the clip that attaches to my headset aswell.