simple change?

Remove server(s) 4(&3?). There’s a total of 40 people combined that play on those  servers if 1&2 are running. Removing one or both would bring more life to s2 and s1 so would definitely result in more life because more people would be forced into encounters, instead of sitting on a dead server wondering where everyone is.

Also devs/admins need to check a lot of bank accounts because I know of many people who went from broke Kavala pistol bangers to [Tycoon] millionaires within maybe 2 days??

:kermit: 

It’s ruining any economy that we once had and people aren’t having to run drugs to make money so on s1 Kavala is completely flooded with millionaire pistol banging retards. 

I know this has been said before so please refrain from being a fuckwit and linking another post or saying it’s been posted before. :)

#AlabamaBois4lyfe

#essskeddit

Anyone with other ideas to boost server population, please comment. vvv

Edited by Revenant
:)

You could've been taken seriously until the gay fucking #AlabamaBois4lyfe #essskeddit"

Even if the powers at be cared, any idea they have would be awful. People would quit because they lost their precious gang house/meth houses on their dead ass server.

Let the once great Arma 3 Altis Life server die man.

Just now, Revenant said:

I can’t be asked to be sent to Olympus if asylum dies and that’s the only real alternative imo

I've started over there. Bumpy ride but at least you can see the people that care. Been atleast 1 update every month for almost a year I believe, and they aren't updates like 8.0 where the "new" content they added was content that literally used to be on the server. Woo Fucking Hoo.

Not to take credit from everyone, there is definitely people on Asylum who do care, and want to help this, but the people that can make that happen neglect it at every turn and it's not worth giving them attention.

Just now, Wubz said:

I've started over there. Bumpy ride but at least you can see the people that care. Been atleast 1 update every month for almost a year I believe, and they aren't updates like 8.0 where the "new" content they added was content that literally used to be on the server. Woo Fucking Hoo.

Not to take credit from everyone, there is definitely people on Asylum who do care, and want to help this, but the people that can make that happen neglect it at every turn and it's not worth giving them attention.

been playing olympus past 2 days. I ENJOY making money as well as there being soooo many fights.

things I can see bringing population back to server;

-Mass unban of non scripting bans.

-Community interaction with Developers

-Updates

Revenant, Space, Walt and 1 other like this
Just now, william said:

been playing olympus past 2 days. I ENJOY making money as well as there being soooo many fights.

things I can see bringing population back to server;

-Mass unban of non scripting bans.

-Community interaction with Developers

-Updates

-Mass unban of non scripting bans.  - They'll never do it.

-Community interaction with Developers - We have Dev's?

-Updates - :shrug:

Walt, Revenant and Space like this
Just now, Wubz said:

I’ve played on it plenty and have ab 300 hours on it. I tried to get into it and honestly the cops and NLR are the two main things I fucking despise and keep me away lmao. 

Just now, william said:

-Mass unban of non scripting bans

That’s what finished off gang life for good, the banning of schiang and tiger made Prime move to Olympus and ultimately made Olympus better than asylum. No clue why the admins feel like they can ban someone for pull downs from watching 2 or 3 clips of their montage (ex: you and Jwilly).

Walt likes this
Just now, thero said:

That’s what finished off gang life for good, the banning of schiang and tiger made Prime move to Olympus and ultimately made Olympus better than asylum. No clue why the admins feel like they can ban someone for pull downs from watching 2 or 3 clips of their montage (ex: you and Jwilly).

The banning of Tiger and Schiang are no where near the reason gang life died lmfao. Also no one gives a fuck about WillMongol or Jwilly.

william and Walt like this
Just now, Wubz said:

Also no one gives a fuck about WillMongol or Jwilly.

The problem is they were both banned for like 2 kills from their montage, 100% not enough evidence to perm ban someone from a server. Whether no one cares about them or not, it’s still shitty seeing innocent players perm banned for something they didn’t do. (I’m mostly speaking for jwilly because unlike William, he is still banned for doing nothing wrong). Also I agree that tiger and schiang’s ban weren’t the reason why all of gang life died, I was trying to say that by banning them, they killed off 1 of the 2 active gangs left on asylum, leaving asylum dead for good.

Edited by thero
Just now, thero said:

The problem is they were both banned for like 2 kills from their montage, 100% not enough evidence to perm ban someone from a server. Whether no one cares about them or not, it’s still shitty seeing innocent players perm banned for something they didn’t do. (I’m mostly speaking for jwilly because unlike William, he is still banned for doing nothing wrong). Also I agree that tiger and schiang’s ban weren’t the reason why all of gang life died, I was trying to say that by banning them, they killed off 1 of the 2 active gangs left on asylum, leaving asylum dead for good.

Honestly if any of those banned players are missing Asylum in it's current state, then I feel bad for them. And yes, while it's shitty to see people who don't actually cheat get banned, this technically is a private server and they could just ban anyone they wanted.  Awful business practice, but still their option.

Just now, Revenant said:

Remove server(s) 4(&3?). There’s a total of 40 people combined that play on those  servers if 1&2 are running. Removing one or both would bring more life to s2 and s1 so would definitely result in more life because more people would be forced into encounters, instead of sitting on a dead server wondering where everyone is.

SIMPLE CHANGE

And what is your recommendation for player housing, gang housing, cop rosters, etc?

House cap is 5+ 1 for gang house per person. I don't think a simple comp will work. GL finding a reasonable house for sale on server 1 or 2 (or any). Getting a gang to start up again in a good spot will be very hard.

Do you increase the sgt and lt cap per server when you remove 2? Do you want more authorised lethals and house raids? What would the new civ cop ratio be? Can you even do successful drug runs with cops everywhere?

Yes, the idea has been thrown out there, but none of you think of the consequences... easy if you play 1 or 2 with a booming gang and the best houses/sheds.

Edited by Gen. Henry Arnold
Patato, massi and Jake like this
Just now, Wubz said:

-Mass unban of non scripting bans.  - They'll never do it.

-Community interaction with Developers - We have Dev's?

-Updates - :shrug:

WUBZ U FUCKING RETARD I MEAN THINGS THEY SHOULD DO THAT THEY WONT BECAUSE THEY STILL HAVE THEIR 2015 EGOS OF BEING THE BEST ALTIS LIFE SERVER. READ MY COMMENT PROPERLY OR UR DEAD

Just now, Gen. Henry Arnold said:

SIMPLE CHANGE

And what is your recommendation for player housing, gang housing, cop rosters, etc?

House cap is 5+ 1 for gang house per person. I don't think a simple comp will work. GL finding a reasonable house for sale on server 1 or 2 (or any). Getting a gang to start up again in a good spot will be very hard.

Do you increase the sgt and lt cap per server when you remove 2? Do you want more authorised lethals and house raids? What would the new civ cop ratio be? Can you even do successful drug runs with cops everywhere?

Yes, the idea has been thrown out there, but none of you think of the consequences... easy if you play 1 or 2 with a booming gang and the best houses/sheds.

Devs like to fuck the community so they might aswell piss some people off

Just now, thero said:

Bamf touched on this on my ban. When he was an admin it took months of collecting HARD evidence for a ban to be placed.

SIMPLE CHANGE

I have never played on s2. I got on a few days ago and I’m already almost at house cap and there are shit loads of houses that are on market in good spot. It’s just like getting rid of tanoa.

With cops, most of them already just get on s3&4 for easy promotions and then try to go on s1. If need be, add a larger limit for higher ups, sure. 

Better to fuck a few people over so the community doesn’t completely die, than suit the needs of the few miserable fucks that hide on 3&4 to grind money easily (tanoa??) lol. 

SIMPLE CHANGE

I do understand you, but what are the houses and APD Ranks worth when there is nothing to do because the servers are "kinda dead"?

Remove server 4 and lock server 3. When server 1 and 2 are ~80 Players, open server 3.

or

Just close server 3 and 4 for the time being and re-open once slots are needed?

Stratis version 1 was able to be removed and i've never seen my money back.
Australia got removed.
Stratis version 2 got removed.
Tanoa got removed.

atm its just a money waste to keep those servers imo..

Edited by NotSoNutty
Walt likes this
Just now, Olio said:

I spent 4-5 hours two weekends ago clearing out hacked back accounts.....that was just from a couple hours of a hacker raining money from the sky. Seems like it happens almost daily now. 

Really what time of the day? Asking for a friend with a suicide vest habbit

Edited by Mayhem
3 hours ago, Revenant said:

Also devs/admins need to check a lot of bank accounts because I know of many people who went from broke Kavala pistol bangers to [Tycoon] millionaires within maybe 2 days??

:kermit: 

It’s ruining any economy that we once had and people aren’t having to run drugs to make money so on s1 Kavala is completely flooded with millionaire pistol banging retards. 

I know this has been said before so please refrain from being a fuckwit and linking another post or saying it’s been posted before. :)

#AlabamaBois4lyfe

#essskeddit

Anyone with other ideas to boost server population, please comment. vvv

my houses though ;(

22 hours ago, Olio said:

I spent 4-5 hours two weekends ago clearing out hacked back accounts.....that was just from a couple hours of a hacker raining money from the sky. Seems like it happens almost daily now. 

People find it to difficult and boring to spend hours on grinding for a couple days of fighting i guess ^^ I dont blame m, they should just buy the money tho

They could lock s3 and 4 for the late hours of the night kinda like olympus did with their server.

Even then if everyone was crammed into 2 servers it would most likely mass kick constantly in a week or two people would be sick of it and the next thing you know s2 is dead as well. I don't mind grinding money but nothing frustrates me more then being stranded and losing 100k in meth.