Missing Community Managers

I get that having distinct roles between admins create's a power balance shift , but if you decided to make that choice to remove that distinction you need to then re-add that role into some form. Either assign admins to take turns speaking upon updates and future plans or make it the admin councils responsabiliity.

Why?

- I don't play anymore but when I did I can always remember wondering when is the next patch or the controversial thing of the week - and I would find this out by reading a post made by the Community Manager. There were times that the admins were hunting down cheaters or in the process of making a huge update that we had no idea about like the australian modded server. Just finding out whats going on and translating that information makes the people who play your game feel like they aren't wasting their time. Every game has lulls and dull points but in those periods you play because you know something good is coming. How the fuck could anyone know anything good is coming?

@bamf?

- So for all greater purposes how the fuck would anyone know if Bamf is even alive? How does anyone know hes working on things? Im sure he is but if hes hard at work then its someone else's responsability to translate that information to us just as he used to for paratus. If not then everyone just assumes that no one is doing anything and why the fuck would they waste anymore time on a game thats outdated and old. The game keeps its charm from the people you play with and against not from any outstanding mechanics - because frankly arma fucking blows.People aren't asking for a new world, just changes so they can do the same old fun concept that made this game good - but in a new place or a new way. For christ sakes even the APD is quiting and those fucks drool over the idea of having power in a video game.

Figure it out

Edited by Sugarfoot
format

Problem was when it comes to updates, no matter how much one would ask, we were never given any word about updates, and we including admins heard what was coming out when they said “please run the patch restart on the servers”. Hard to communicate to the community when the CMs got zero information.

Patato, NotSoNutty, Walt and 5 others like this
Just now, Olio said:

Problem was when it comes to updates, no matter how much one would ask, we were never given any word about updates, and we including admins heard what was coming out when they said “please run the patch restart on the servers”. Hard to communicate to the community when the CMs got zero information.

That seems just ridiculous - why bother doing any work if you can't translate that to your own team?

Walt and MrCOUCHLOK like this
Just now, Sugarfoot said:

That seems just ridiculous - why bother doing any work if you can't translate that to your own team?

Personally I don’t think there has ever been a road map, just a “what can we do this month” and that’s why it’s never been able to be communicated. I would bug Paratus all the time for info.

Just now, Olio said:

Personally I don’t think there has ever been a road map, just a “what can we do this month” and that’s why it’s never been able to be communicated. I would bug Paratus all the time for info.

Bamf used to always post shit and it made it seem like there was some idea or some planned update. Hell even updates regarding just shit in the community was nice. Everyone got all butt hurt the Community Manager rank and now look at the mess

I get that having distinct roles between admins create's a power balance shift , but if you decided to make that choice to remove that distinction you need to then re-add that role into some form. Either assign admins to take turns speaking upon updates and future plans or make it the admin councils responsabiliity.

Why?

- I don't play anymore but when I did I can always remember wondering when is the next patch or the controversial thing of the week - and I would find this out by reading a post made by the Community Manager. There were times that the admins were hunting down cheaters or in the process of making a huge update that we had no idea about like the australian modded server. Just finding out whats going on and translating that information makes the people who play your game feel like they aren't wasting their time. Every game has lulls and dull points but in those periods you play because you know something good is coming. How the fuck could anyone know anything good is coming?

@bamf?

- So for all greater purposes how the fuck would anyone know if Bamf is even alive? How does anyone know hes working on things? Im sure he is but if hes hard at work then its someone else's responsability to translate that information to us just as he used to for paratus. If not then everyone just assumes that no one is doing anything and why the fuck would they waste anymore time on a game thats outdated and old. The game keeps its charm from the people you play with and against not from any outstanding mechanics - because frankly arma fucking blows.People aren't asking for a new world, just changes so they can do the same old fun concept that made this game good - but in a new place or a new way. For christ sakes even the APD is quiting and those fucks drool over the idea of having power in a video game.

Figure it out

CM was a position brought up by admins to begin with and then a certain person was just given that position without any admin input even tho it was supposed to be a an admin discussion as a group from the start just in case you didnt know. None of the admins liked that hence the big controversy with it from there side to one of the CM's.

Just now, Mitch (IFRIT) said:

soon TM

c6ac2429ffec9c51560bdab28a1eeeb7.png

He is alive

He has to understand that he was a huge portion of what kept the community fresh and active. He served as a Community Manager that made sure people didn't feel like they were wasting their time playing or farming on a server thats potentially dying.

He has to replace that role some how

He has to understand that he was a huge portion of what kept the community fresh and active. He served as a Community Manager that made sure people didn't feel like they were wasting their time playing or farming on a server thats potentially dying.

He has to replace that role some how

This is him, telling me whats going on right now

Image result for developer gif

And this is how i'm feeling 

Image result for developer gif

Space, Gatorade, Walt and 3 others like this

Paratus acts like letting us know whats to come is the same as giving us all his banking info. And to top it all off he hardly does anything for Asylum anymore. I say enjoy Asylum as long as you can i bet it doesn't make it past 2018 with the way it's going now.

BishopActual likes this

@Sugarfoot We can both agree that the developers of the asylum community are terrible at communication.

I don't see that a community manager would change them, as @Olio said, asking them for updates or information goes unheard.

I love Bamf, i love/hate gnashes, i hate paratus but all of them are seriously SHIT at being in a development/leadership/owner position.

Didn't want to mention Motown there but i think he's been in the cemetery for a while already.

You'll only meet dissapointment from now on, don't think that anyone can change this but the developers themselfs.

@Buckwalter Should've been a CM, in a world where our developers would actually work on stuff and deliver on time. That would've been great.

Just now, Tyler said:

Paratus acts like letting us know whats to come is the same as giving us all his banking info. And to top it all off he hardly does anything for Asylum anymore. I say enjoy Asylum as long as you can i bet it doesn't make it past 2018 with the way it's going now.

Fuck all it takes is a few hints or teasers to get people to hop back on and run meth.

Not saying anything at all doesn't do anything but make sure no one will be around to see your great update your hiding

Just now, Midamaru said:

@Sugarfoot We can both agree that the developers of the asylum community are terrible at communication.

I don't see that a community manager would change them, as @Olio said, asking them for updates or information goes unheard.

I love Bamf, i love/hate gnashes, i hate paratus but all of them are seriously SHIT at being in a development/leadership/owner position.

Didn't want to mention Motown there but i think he's been in the cemetery for a while already.

You'll only meet dissapointment from now on, don't think that anyone can change this but the developers themselfs.

@Buckwalter Should've been a CM, in a world where our developers would actually work on stuff and deliver on time. That would've been great.

When Bamf was CM we actually got a glimpse and an update here and there. The way its been done since then has sucked balls, and the whole trust thing between developers and admins is getting ridiculous. How can you not trust these people to have the servers best interest and leave them out of the cycle of updates? They sit their and invest tons of time dealing with the bull shit no one else wants to. Its just ridiculous.

Just now, Azeh said:

he's looking at this although some of the things won't happen

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1UwAd-6zL29FKT8QswWEy6iMyEidTzZto72S-ig5Mz2k/edit

Hitman - 50% reduction in purchasing high caliber 7.62 weapons. [Base price of MK EMR 15K.With skill would get a reduction of 7.5k ]

who thought this was a good idea? we need to talk 

Azeh and Walt like this
Just now, 7th Ward Charizard said:

Hitman - 50% reduction in purchasing high caliber 7.62 weapons. [Base price of MK EMR 15K.With skill would get a reduction of 7.5k ]

who thought this was a good idea? we need to talk 

+ 2 turfs/arms it's gonna cost about the same as a pack of condoms. I hope kavala will arm to the teeth.

Walt likes this
Just now, 7th Ward Charizard said:

bruh people memed on me for buying pdws but when i was in instinct we capped a cartel 2 v 10 with stings and pdws LOL 

i forget who it was against, but they were SO fucking mad. 1 of them got downed in the stairs and it created a fucking funnel of retards just falling in to get sprayed down 

When you were in instinct? WHAT THE HELL i've never seen you bruh!

Just now, Midamaru said:

When you were in instinct? WHAT THE HELL i've never seen you bruh!

idk if it's the same instinct you're thinking about, was with Pirate/Leslie/Eixuna and we were on S4 b4 Regiment got butthurt and metagamed every time we were doing a meth run until Pirate left 

theres still a video of Jessie and one of the old sgts discussing how they were gonna get around having all of Regiment logging onto cop to bust our meth run, we killed the sgt like 4 times but he kept his drone in the air the entire time like a true fuccboi

Edited by 7th Ward Charizard