Overthrow The Government

Taxes go to nothing but the mayor himself. There is not road upkeep, public schools to keep in order, or anything of the sort, so nothing is being done with the tax money. When the tax is 20% everyone becomes relatively irritated, but eventually moves on when the vote comes around. Regardless, voting someone else in is not always a solution, as they too may keep the tax rate the same or even raise it if possible. I propose something that will keep the mayor working for the people instead of for his/her pocket. Revolution.

I suggest a kind of system where the people can have the option to revolt in order to hold a new election. This could be both an extremely fun server event as well as an effective way to keep the mayor in check.

It would roughly go a little like this; If the people are generally unhappy with the current mayor (via a pole or something of the likes), an option to gather at a "capital building" appears, the mayor is inside said building, individuals gather in "protest" at first (so people can all get there in time), the police show up to "deter protesters and protect the mayor at all costs", once everyone has arrived in their gear of choice the "protest" becomes an uprising, If the mayor is killed or captured during the event a new mayor is elected.

You may be saying "Well what's to stop this from happening every day? The server would be a mess". The idea is that it will only be worth it when the taxes are very high and it will help combat unkempt campaign promises (high taxes). People will be needing to use $20k+ loadouts to be effective against police, there will be a fair amount of pistol wielding fodder, but they too have their place. Even if it does happen a little too often it would still be a good deal of fun for all involved, though time restrains could be incorporated so it doesn't happen regularly, per-say once a week or something. 

Revolution would have the game value of excitement and entertainment while having an in game purpose of lower taxes. The RP element is there as taking down corruption and to revolt against taxation without representation. Overall, I feel this would be something fun to do but also have a good purpose in doing so. 

Just now, Scipio Africanus said:

Taxes go to nothing but the mayor himself. There is not road upkeep, public schools to keep in order, or anything of the sort, so nothing is being done with the tax money. When the tax is 20% everyone becomes relatively irritated, but eventually moves on when the vote comes around. Regardless, voting someone else in is not always a solution, as they too may keep the tax rate the same or even raise it if possible. I propose something that will keep the mayor working for the people instead of for his/her pocket. Revolution.

I suggest a kind of system where the people can have the option to revolt in order to hold a new election. This could be both an extremely fun server event as well as an effective way to keep the mayor in check.

It would roughly go a little like this; If the people are generally unhappy with the current mayor (via a pole or something of the likes), an option to gather at a "capital building" appears, the mayor is inside said building, individuals gather in "protest" at first (so people can all get there in time), the police show up to "deter protesters and protect the mayor at all costs", once everyone has arrived in their gear of choice the "protest" becomes an uprising, If the mayor is killed or captured during the event a new mayor is elected.

You may be saying "Well what's to stop this from happening every day? The server would be a mess". The idea is that it will only be worth it when the taxes are very high and it will help combat unkempt campaign promises (high taxes). People will be needing to use $20k+ loadouts to be effective against police, there will be a fair amount of pistol wielding fodder, but they too have their place. Even if it does happen a little too often it would still be a good deal of fun for all involved, though time restrains could be incorporated so it doesn't happen regularly, per-say once a week or something. 

Revolution would have the game value of excitement and entertainment while having an in game purpose of lower taxes. The RP element is there as taking down corruption and to revolt against taxation without representation. Overall, I feel this would be something fun to do but also have a good purpose in doing so. 

i respect that you try to recommend something but you should just give up. Nothing recommended gets added and all people will do is shit on you for it. 

Scipio Lost and Donald like this
Just now, Blake Kingsin said:

i respect that you try to recommend something but you should just give up. Nothing recommended gets added and all people will do is shit on you for it. 

Thank you sincerely, but I am an active individual on 4Chan... I'm used to it. I think it'd be fun idea. Even if it doesn't get picked up on, at least I tried, however futile it may be... trust me I already know. 

Just now, Scipio Africanus said:

Vote Uber and this wouldnt happen!!

Farmer Steve likes this