Developers and Community Feedback

Just now, Google™ said:

Good point they're all mongs

Hopefully Paratus learns from the course of events that have occurred over the past year or so on his and bamf's Arma 3 server, or Identity community will surely die quicker then Asylum's community.

Edited by Maric
Just now, Google™ said:

Dude I have gotten fucking banned by Dredge because I shot a cop saying leave HQ now while pointing a gun at me.... I then was like okay you know what Dredge fair game dude if someone doesn't show hostile in their words it's not enough RP to shoot them or have them shoot you. So some guy comes up to me and says hands up, I go "Dude, that's not how you initiate" he then shoots me and I report him. Another, admin then looks at it and says not RDM. Admins are actual mongs, they should all follow the same philosophy not interpret rules each different ways.

Well that hurts.

Lets not make you out to be an angel and that was your only ban.  ;)

Google™ likes this
10 hours ago, Gaskal said:

People never left this community cuz of the RP

asylum never was a hardcore RP server 

people left the community bcuz there no patchs/updates and no bugs fix lately 

after all its not just asylum dying its arma 3 thats one of the reasons asylum dying 

I would think about leaving because half of the community is toxic af

Well since there seems to be a increasing in threads about the community, I'm going to give a few of my thoughts. Although I want to make it clear that this is not in any shape an attack on anyone.

Through my years here, I have seen many different "shades" of asylum. Sure i have had my bad times, and I even made a raging post where I apologized for my actions when I lost control of my temper for a moment on the server. I was so irritated with the day and wanted nothing more to do with Asylum. But as the weeks went on I returned and found a fresh new environment to enjoy. There had been some updates to enjoy, and features to learn. My interest in the game and the community was renewed. I started to have fun again. But there were still a few things missing, but I didn't fret. There would be days and days of laughter and pop coming from my nose while playing. As time went on, I noticed that others were simply bored. I would hear their frustrations in-game, on the forums and in TS. The more I understood of these peoples frustrations, the clearer the picture was. When you look at any game, you have to look at the longevity of that game. I'm sure the vast majority have quite a few Steam games in our library for various reasons. But for me the truth is that they got boring after some time and others had moved on from them. The end game was reached and there wasn't any more content to play. Unlike here at Asylum, I could not speak to a Developer and pitch ideas, or be involved in new content. So I simply moved on to the next great game.

When I first purchased ARMA 3 I logged onto my first server which was Asylum #2, and I had no idea what in the world was going on. I spawned in sofia and ran to Athria (No joke). At the time I didn't know what the purpose of the server was, but i did know that I needed to figure it out. After I ran into Athria, I had encountered a large gang that was having all sorts of fun. It was not long after that I was killed, and found myself in Kavala on accident. But there I was again trying to find my way. This created hours and hours of entertainment and hilarity. The rest is history.

The point of my above information is showing that the devs are fighting a uphill battle that some of the biggest game corporations can't even defeat. Sure there are some that have the ability to with their game. But how do you keep people with 5.5k hours on a single server entertained to the extent in which their minds desire as a remembrance of when they first started here? I simply do not have an answer for this. However, this doesn't excuse the fact that there are ways to keep things fresh for our current player base. Sometimes ideas do go unheard, and that's the fault of many. Although it may be the fault of many, it doesn't suggest that these actions were intentional. If the devs mailbox, discord, and teamspeak are anything like mine. I can see no fault as to why they didn't respond; or take it into consideration. It should also be noted that many people have presented ideas, some good, some not so great. But none-the-less they should be thanked for such as they too, like the developers spent their own time creating something for others to enjoy. 

Before I was a part of the staff, there was this big wall of the unknown that existed "On this Side". Once I jumped the fence, things were much different than I had imagined. Some of you claim to know, and some of you are true in what you say. I'll spare the details out of the respect for the integrity of the team. But I will tell you we are human too. Being human means that we are liable to have blind spots, make mistakes, have a bad day, be irritated, and we too have lives to live. Many of us could make a reasonable living if we worked a second job  that matched the amount of hours we spend helping out the community like we had signed up for. I won't sugar coat it though. You guys are extremely tough to handle some days. And before you puff your feathers, it's not the action of one. It's the action of them all. But fret not, you haven't won yet. 

In closing I would just like to recognize the devs have contributed a lot of time here. And are not always shown the greatest respect. If Asylum is able to make it through this. I will believe that anything is possible around here. To the Men, Women, and boys who are still here. Just know that at least I appreciate your continued support for Asylum. Regardless of our indifferences or spats. I hope that we all can root for Asylum to make it out alive. 

With regards and respect, 

Mitch

Just now, Mitch (IFRIT) said:

Well since there seems to be a increasing in threads about the community, I'm going to give a few of my thoughts. Although I want to make it clear that this is not in any shape an attack on anyone.

Through my years here, I have seen many different "shades" of asylum. Sure i have had my bad times, and I even made a raging post where I apologized for my actions when I lost control of my temper for a moment on the server. I was so irritated with the day and wanted nothing more to do with Asylum. But as the weeks went on I returned and found a fresh new environment to enjoy. There had been some updates to enjoy, and features to learn. My interest in the game and the community was renewed. I started to have fun again. But there were still a few things missing, but I didn't fret. There would be days and days of laughter and pop coming from my nose while playing. As time went on, I noticed that others were simply bored. I would hear their frustrations in-game, on the forums and in TS. The more I understood of these peoples frustrations, the clearer the picture was. When you look at any game, you have to look at the longevity of that game. I'm sure the vast majority have quite a few Steam games in our library for various reasons. But for me the truth is that they got boring after some time and others had moved on from them. The end game was reached and there wasn't any more content to play. Unlike here at Asylum, I could not speak to a Developer and pitch ideas, or be involved in new content. So I simply moved on to the next great game.

When I first purchased ARMA 3 I logged onto my first server which was Asylum #2, and I had no idea what in the world was going on. I spawned in sofia and ran to Athria (No joke). At the time I didn't know what the purpose of the server was, but i did know that I needed to figure it out. After I ran into Athria, I had encountered a large gang that was having all sorts of fun. It was not long after that I was killed, and found myself in Kavala on accident. But there I was again trying to find my way. This created hours and hours of entertainment and hilarity. The rest is history.

The point of my above information is showing that the devs are fighting a uphill battle that some of the biggest game corporations can't even defeat. Sure there are some that have the ability to with their game. But how do you keep people with 5.5k hours on a single server entertained to the extent in which their minds desire as a remembrance of when they first started here? I simply do not have an answer for this. However, this doesn't excuse the fact that there are ways to keep things fresh for our current player base. Sometimes ideas do go unheard, and that's the fault of many. Although it may be the fault of many, it doesn't suggest that these actions were intentional. If the devs mailbox, discord, and teamspeak are anything like mine. I can see no fault as to why they didn't respond; or take it into consideration. It should also be noted that many people have presented ideas, some good, some not so great. But none-the-less they should be thanked for such as they too, like the developers spent their own time creating something for others to enjoy. 

Before I was a part of the staff, there was this big wall of the unknown that existed "On this Side". Once I jumped the fence, things were much different than I had imagined. Some of you claim to know, and some of you are true in what you say. I'll spare the details out of the respect for the integrity of the team. But I will tell you we are human too. Being human means that we are liable to have blind spots, make mistakes, have a bad day, be irritated, and we too have lives to live. Many of us could make a reasonable living if we worked a second job  that matched the amount of hours we spend helping out the community like we had signed up for. I won't sugar coat it though. You guys are extremely tough to handle some days. And before you puff your feathers, it's not the action of one. It's the action of them all. But fret not, you haven't won yet. 

In closing I would just like to recognize the devs have contributed a lot of time here. And are not always shown the greatest respect. If Asylum is able to make it through this. I will believe that anything is possible around here. To the Men, Women, and boys who are still here. Just know that at least I appreciate your continued support for Asylum. Regardless of our indifferences or spats. I hope that we all can root for Asylum to make it out alive. 

With regards and respect, 

Mitch

do u really mean you appreciate me.... I'm tearing up mitch I love u

Mitch (IFRIT) likes this