Street bike or cruiser?

Tricks

So when spring rolls around I'll be shopping for a bike, I have all ways wanted one and a couple friends of mine got one. I just have one question whats better for a newer rider? They keep telling me don't get less then a 600, but I think I should start lower then work up. If anyone does ride mind sharing your input on what you have and why you picked the bike? 

Sreet bike: https://www.yamahamotorsports.com/supersport/models/yzf-r3 

Cruiser: http://www.harley-davidson.com/en_US/Motorcycles/roadster.html 

I'm lucky to be alive with the amount of stupid shit I did on my street bikes through the years. 

Get a cruiser. 

You can still manage to kill yourself. But it's not as easy to get to 100 in 3 seconds with a cruiser. 

Also it's way more enjoyable to ride for any extended amount of time. Rockets hurt during long distance. 

600 is where I stated. I would recommend it. 

Tricks, .Sean, Good Lub and 1 other like this
Just now, Mitch (IFRIT) said:

I'm lucky to be alive with the amount of stupid shit I did on my street bikes through the years. 

Get a cruiser. 

You can still manage to kill yourself. But it's not as easy to get to 100 in 3 seconds with a cruiser. 

Also it's way more enjoyable to ride for any extended amount of time. Rockets hurt during long distance. 

Glad your here and thanks for in input! :) 

The cruiser is 2x the price of the street bike. What do your friends ride, what kind of personality do you have? I'd personally have a cruiser if I had the money or sold my car.

Street bike is 321cc 56mpg, looks like the cruiser is 1202cc 48mpg.

Street weighs 375 vs 568 cruiser.

Yamaha isn't showing its torque for performance.

Look into part and maintenance prices too.

it really depends on where you live, I know you are pretty young so I wouldnt get a bike because your insurance will skyrocket even if you drive safely. I started on a 600, then got a cbr100rr (Not the best idea) after about 4 months of riding. Completely totaled the bike by hitting a pothole because I live on fucking long island where theres more potholes than people, and I'm saving for a Hayabusa. But honestly your best bet is to get a 600 or a quad and ride for at least a year or 2 on that since you are so young and work your way up, 600's are still fun as fuck just make sure if you are gonna send the fucking thing dont do it on a non-maintained road.

Tricks likes this
Just now, Mitch (IFRIT) said:

Get a cruiser. 

supermoto or gtfo

Revenant likes this
Just now, Gen. Henry Arnold said:

The cruiser is 2x the price of the street bike. What do your friends ride, what kind of personality do you have? I'd personally have a cruiser if I had the money or sold my car.

Street bike is 321cc 56mpg, looks like the cruiser is 1202cc 48mpg.

Street weighs 375 vs 568 cruiser.

Yamaha isn't showing its torque for performance.

Look into part and maintenance prices too.

one has a cbr600rr and the other has a z800 

Edited by Tricks
On 11/21/2017 at 11:04 PM, Tricks said:

So when spring rolls around I'll be shopping for a bike, I have all ways wanted one and a couple friends of mine got one. I just have one question whats better for a newer rider? They keep telling me don't get less then a 600, but I think I should start lower then work up. If anyone does ride mind sharing your input on what you have and why you picked the bike? 

Sreet bike: https://www.yamahamotorsports.com/supersport/models/yzf-r3 

Cruiser: http://www.harley-davidson.com/en_US/Motorcycles/roadster.html 

Edited by Legit
Tricks likes this
  • 2 weeks later...