APD breaking RP Guilty until proven innocent mentality breaks this mod and ruins server

Ok so ive noticed a disturbing trend that is breaking the mod lately. Basically the APD knows everyone besides them are criminals and they have a guilty until innocent mentality that breaks RP and chokes the life out of the mod. I have two examples that i personally keep happening. The first is the lazy APD just hang around towns, i have never been caught by APD in an actual illegal zone. I was playing and had no bounty no illegal items. I go to the DMV to get a truck out and the APD make me get out and in the process put a tracker on my truck and of course i go do something illegal ( the entire point of the mod). on my way back 100% offroads here comes a cop out in the middle of no where busts me and impounds my shit. So just getting a truck out allows them the right to put a tracker on it? sorry but that breaks the game, I have to be able to make money, some catch me with good ol fashion detective work and i have no problem with it. but tracking my truck as soon as i get it out of DMV, that cant be allowed. The second issue was once again i had a truck out and of course no APD in any of the illegal zones. I make it all the way back to my house. Park the truck out front and start unloading no bounty, nothing illegal visible. Two APD drive by circle back around and come looking in my truck. cease all my stuff. If we are gonna do the whole " RP" thing, than a truck outside a house is not cause for a police search. If you didn't catch me in the illegal area and i dot have a bounty tan APD didn't do their job and shouldn't be able to play such a lazy style.

Bottom line is if we are gonna "RP" than the APD needs to RP probable cause. they cant just track me or waiti around town for trucks to come in to unload stuff. Obviously everyone that isnt a cop is gogin to be doing illegal activity so go out and stop them. The way they do it now is breaking the game. So did i just run across bad cops? or is this just how the APD is on this server, if so that's the reason its dying.

Officer Bill likes this

@oneofus1 from an APD standpoint, we patrol illegal areas and towns all the time, but we are only allowed to check illegal areas every 20 minutes unless we have a cause to go back, such as a ping/phone call/text/etc... there are various reasons for us to return, but generally if we don't see you go into an illegal area and you don't have a bounty and enter after we check it, you should be safe for approximately 20 minutes.

As for trackers, we don't really have much enforcement with trackers, long story short, if you have something that could be used for trafficking, assume it will be tagged with a tracker, simple fix is to store it and pull it back out, removing the tracker...

The last and most important thing I read, unless I am mistaken/reading it wrong is we CANNOT search you or your vehicle unless your bounty is $2,500+ OR you are within 300m of a drug field OR are off-roading (not driving on roads) without a good RP reason such as "I shot a deer and am trying to track it down" something lively and fun... if you have any further questions regarding the APD I would be happy to either reply here or talk to you on the TeanSpeak server that @Reapered provided you with (I am not currently home though, currently replying from my phone)

I hope this makes things more understanding as far as the APD and with the advice on how we do things, like I said, I will be happy to reply here until I am home to get on TeamSpeak, just tag me with "@<Jake>" and I will get a notification

Farmer Steve and Silver-Spy like this
Just now, oneofus1 said:

Ok so ive noticed a disturbing trend that is breaking the mod lately. Basically the APD knows everyone besides them are criminals and they have a guilty until innocent mentality that breaks RP and chokes the life out of the mod. I have two examples that i personally keep happening. The first is the lazy APD just hang around towns, i have never been caught by APD in an actual illegal zone. I was playing and had no bounty no illegal items. I go to the DMV to get a truck out and the APD make me get out and in the process put a tracker on my truck and of course i go do something illegal ( the entire point of the mod). on my way back 100% offroads here comes a cop out in the middle of no where busts me and impounds my shit. So just getting a truck out allows them the right to put a tracker on it? sorry but that breaks the game, I have to be able to make money, some catch me with good ol fashion detective work and i have no problem with it. but tracking my truck as soon as i get it out of DMV, that cant be allowed. The second issue was once again i had a truck out and of course no APD in any of the illegal zones. I make it all the way back to my house. Park the truck out front and start unloading no bounty, nothing illegal visible. Two APD drive by circle back around and come looking in my truck. cease all my stuff. If we are gonna do the whole " RP" thing, than a truck outside a house is not cause for a police search. If you didn't catch me in the illegal area and i dot have a bounty tan APD didn't do their job and shouldn't be able to play such a lazy style.

Bottom line is if we are gonna "RP" than the APD needs to RP probable cause. they cant just track me or waiti around town for trucks to come in to unload stuff. Obviously everyone that isnt a cop is gogin to be doing illegal activity so go out and stop them. The way they do it now is breaking the game. So did i just run across bad cops? or is this just how the APD is on this server, if so that's the reason its dying.

This is as far as I got...:thinking:

Silver-Spy likes this
Just now, oneofus1 said:

So from a stand point of view of someone whos played both cop & rebel/civilian i don't see why the tracker would be breaking RP  ? Ive heard a lot of newer players complain about this and it seems a lot of them come here expecting a hardcore rp server. Ive also seen a lot of these newer players use lazy RP stories like "it was self defence" i killed like 14 people in self defence. Oh really. Nice. Best way to RP on this server is to make the cops laugh it'll get you out of most situations. 

The secound story though, if you have no bounty your truck isn't in the middle of the street or offroad and its just sitting next to your house outside of an illegal area then those cops had no right to search it and seize the items. They could get into trouble for doing that because they aren't allowed to.

BlackShot, Silver-Spy and Nate!!! like this
6 hours ago, oneofus1 said:

If you suspect some one put a tracer on your truck, store it and take it out again.

Nate!!! likes this
11 hours ago, oneofus1 said:

RPG MEANS DO ILLEGAL RUNS AND COMPLAIN WHEN CAUGHTd6da9f927eb01f83c400cecd295fcb92.png