drex

House entry for Police and Bounty hunters

33 posts in this topic

police-use-a-battering-ram-in-operation-

i feel like implementing a way to raid houses minus the crate removal would be nice. 

Share this post


Link to post

Raiding houses is a touchy subject.  I would definitely not give the average player the ability to open houses.  It's bad enough dealing with the backlash of a bad Lieutenant/Captain house raid - let alone the average civilian....  Nightmare. 

Share this post


Link to post

Just to add, there are very VERY specific rules for LT/CPT for raiding houses and we are held liable for any negative action... as Clint said, they already have to watch over the LT+ which is a VERY SELECT FEW, the ordinary civilian couldn't be trusted with that access, heck the APD LT+ should be considered lucky as hell to be able to raid houses

Patato, Flameless, Lucky and 1 other like this

Share this post


Link to post

I think raiding houses would be a great idea.

 

For example:

-10 minute break in time (per door)

-Bolt cutters are used to break in

-If the person breaking in dies/gets restrained it stops

-The person whos house is being raided will get a notification saying which house is being raided

 

It would obviously need more thinking over but it would make it interesting and certainly be fun to do as a rebel activity.

OperatorJohn likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Just now, <Jake> said:

Just to add, there are very VERY specific rules for LT/CPT for raiding houses and we are held liable for any negative action... as Clint said, they already have to watch over the LT+ which is a VERY SELECT FEW, the ordinary civilian couldn't be trusted with that access, heck the APD LT+ should be considered lucky as hell to be able to raid houses

With Civillians they wouldnt need to be "trusted" there wouldnt have to be any rules for civillians breaking into houses or any specific guidelines however for the APD there is always guidelines for everything (for a good reason of course)

Share this post


Link to post
Just now, william said:

I think raiding houses would be a great idea.

 

For example:

-10 minute break in time (per door)

-Bolt cutters are used to break in

-If the person breaking in dies/gets restrained it stops

-The person whos house is being raided will get a notification saying which house is being raided

 

It would obviously need more thinking over but it would make it interesting and certainly be fun to do as a rebel activity.

As I said the LT+ are EXTREMELY lucky to be able to raid... civilians won't get it

Share this post


Link to post
Just now, <Jake> said:

As I said the LT+ are EXTREMELY lucky to be able to raid... civilians won't get it

Civillians dont get anything so I dont expect this to be implemented. Would be good to have tho.

Share this post


Link to post

I definitely don't agree with the APD having this, since the house is the only refuge. However, for BH, it's usually 1-3 guys and this process can be stopped quite easily. 

In addition, a BH must have the bounty to enter said house (ex. BH chasing x can only enter x's house, not y's. If x is in y's house, sucks). And, it can only occur once per restart. (ex. you raid x's house, he escapes, you clear bounty and he pops up again, but you can't re-raid b/c its the same session.

 

I think it should be a talent learned or something like that. It would be great for BH at least IMO. Now before everyone hates, just hear me out.

BH comes near target's house and notices they are inside. BH says come out and turn yourself in, or blah blah blah, etc.

Bounty doesn't come out, BH w/ talent goes up to the door to raid imitates raid process, 3/4mins, but in that time cannot move or shoot unless action is aborted. Notification pops up for bounty in house that his house is being raided, and he can shop the process simply by putting some shots into the BH.

If he doesn't stop the BH, or the BH has friends who keep the bounty away from the one raiding or the like, then the BH who started the raid to place a temporary unlock on the doors of the house for 3 min.

During that time, the house is unlocked and the crates (if any, become locked). For those 3 minutes, the BH (or anybody) can enter the house (but not open the crates) and try to take the bounty out.

After 3 minutes, the doors will lock if they are closed and the BH will be stuck inside (has to be some risk) if he has not exited yet. 

 

This way, no crates are accessed, there is equal amount of risk (I'd say) for both the BH and bounty. 

 

Edited by Canadian
Added point
drex likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Just now, <Jake> said:

As I said the LT+ are EXTREMELY lucky to be able to raid... civilians won't get it

you're a p3 LT, you're only against it because there's not enough players on your server to even use it xd 

Share this post


Link to post
Just now, ben flint said:

you're a p3 LT, you're only against it because there's not enough players on your server to even use it xd 

I can raid houses on every server... I've done so on 3 AND 1 in the past week, I don't think you realize my rank carries over to every single Asylum server

Share this post


Link to post
Just now, <Jake> said:

Just to add, there are very VERY specific rules for LT/CPT for raiding houses and we are held liable for any negative action... as Clint said, they already have to watch over the LT+ which is a VERY SELECT FEW, the ordinary civilian couldn't be trusted with that access, heck the APD LT+ should be considered lucky as hell to be able to raid houses

I remember when badabing and the police force came to my gang house a while back bc we had a hostage and they landed their heli barged right in downing 3 of us, seizing all of the stuff in our crates all within 1 minute. :(

Share this post


Link to post
Just now, Blake Kingsin said:

I remember when badabing and the police force came to my gang house a while back bc we had a hostage and they landed their heli barged right in downing 3 of us, seizing all of the stuff in our crates all within 1 minute. :(

That's called efficiency

Share this post


Link to post

I went afk while watching a show in the lobby...This was back when restarts would put you back on civ or whatnot and log you in..I come back after a restart in jail and my house raided lol

drex likes this

Share this post


Link to post

you're lucky to get raided. 

i once locked myself in a house and they threw approximately 79 flashbangs thru the window while constantly using the fucking strider siren/horn. 

Edited by 7th Ward Charizard
Blake Kingsin likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Just now, 7th Ward Charizard said:

you're lucky to get raided. 

i once locked myself in a house and they threw approximately 79 flashbangs thru the window while constantly using the fucking strider siren/horn. 

I'd rather lose a crate full of meth instead of what you had to go thru. F

Share this post


Link to post
Just now, 7th Ward Charizard said:

you're lucky to get raided. 

i once locked myself in a house and they threw approximately 79 flashbangs thru the window while constantly using the fucking strider siren/horn. 

Or you could just turn yourself in.....

Walter White and Jake like this

Share this post


Link to post
Just now, Clint Beastwood said:

Or you could just turn yourself in.....

And RP for 35 minutes just for a 50% reduction? 

No thanks daddy-o. 

Share this post


Link to post
5 hours ago, <Jake> said:

Just to add, there are very VERY specific rules for LT/CPT for raiding houses and we are held liable for any negative action... as Clint said, they already have to watch over the LT+ which is a VERY SELECT FEW, the ordinary civilian couldn't be trusted with that access, heck the APD LT+ should be considered lucky as hell to be able to raid houses

Knowing the LTs I played with it shouldnt even be a thing.  It was (and Im sure still is) so massively abused its insane.  "Lets just check his crates to see if its worth raiding"

Share this post


Link to post
5 hours ago, HotWings said:

Knowing the LTs I played with it shouldnt even be a thing.  It was (and Im sure still is) so massively abused its insane.  "Lets just check his crates to see if its worth raiding"

I can honestly say I've never even taken items out of crates, simply unlocked their house to get them (generally they have high bounties and want lethaled rather than sent to jail because they don't put any effort into RP) I feel jail time is enough punishment, but that's just my personal opinion... however if someone were to be a prick and harass me or another officer after we down them and I unlock the house and get them, you are damn right I'll go through their crates (I say come out in x minutes or I'm coming in and you put yourself at possible risk of crates being seized) but I also have nearly everyone surrender as soon as I announce myself.. I'm not saying that didn't happen, I'm sure it still does to an extent, but just because we can unlock houses and go through crates doesn't mean we have to or will

ItsLacie and Walter White like this

Share this post


Link to post
12 hours ago, HotWings said:

Knowing the LTs I played with it shouldnt even be a thing.  It was (and Im sure still is) so massively abused its insane.  "Lets just check his crates to see if its worth raiding"

Excuse me sir you have to actually play the server.  

 

Last Played : 10/4 

WildFire, Action_Jaxon and massi like this

Share this post


Link to post
Just now, Clint Beastwood said:

Excuse me sir you have to actually play the server.  

 

Last Played : 10/4 

xgz9nkR.gif

Share this post


Link to post
On 11/28/2017 at 3:55 PM, Blake Kingsin said:

I remember when badabing and the police force came to my gang house a while back bc we had a hostage and they landed their heli barged right in downing 3 of us, seizing all of the stuff in our crates all within 1 minute. :(

Damn, I was shooting for under a minute, will have to work on that.;)

Share this post


Link to post
2 minutes ago, BaDaBiNg_10-8 said:

Damn, I was shooting for under a minute, will have to work on that.;)

isnt that the same amount of time you work on gathering evidence for 3rd party bans :frog:

speeeeeed and frantic like this

Share this post


Link to post
On 11/28/2017 at 5:31 PM, Canadian said:

I definitely don't agree with the APD having this, since the house is the only refuge. However, for BH, it's usually 1-3 guys and this process can be stopped quite easily. 

In addition, a BH must have the bounty to enter said house (ex. BH chasing x can only enter x's house, not y's. If x is in y's house, sucks). And, it can only occur once per restart. (ex. you raid x's house, he escapes, you clear bounty and he pops up again, but you can't re-raid b/c its the same session.

 

I think it should be a talent learned or something like that. It would be great for BH at least IMO. Now before everyone hates, just hear me out.

BH comes near target's house and notices they are inside. BH says come out and turn yourself in, or blah blah blah, etc.

Bounty doesn't come out, BH w/ talent goes up to the door to raid imitates raid process, 3/4mins, but in that time cannot move or shoot unless action is aborted. Notification pops up for bounty in house that his house is being raided, and he can shop the process simply by putting some shots into the BH.

If he doesn't stop the BH, or the BH has friends who keep the bounty away from the one raiding or the like, then the BH who started the raid to place a temporary unlock on the doors of the house for 3 min.

During that time, the house is unlocked and the crates (if any, become locked). For those 3 minutes, the BH (or anybody) can enter the house (but not open the crates) and try to take the bounty out.

After 3 minutes, the doors will lock if they are closed and the BH will be stuck inside (has to be some risk) if he has not exited yet. 

 

This way, no crates are accessed, there is equal amount of risk (I'd say) for both the BH and bounty. 

 

we agree on the same point

Share this post


Link to post
On 11/29/2017 at 5:44 PM, Clint Beastwood said:

Excuse me sir you have to actually play the server.  

 

Last Played : 10/4 

I dont need to play not to know shit heads are still in charge. Just look at the CoP :kermit:

 

Love ya Clint

Share this post


Link to post

Basically what I know of server one is you CANNOT leave your crates showing as Captain  Durga has lead illegal raids on our gang house several times and blown our house up with flash bangs when a few of us were sitting inside and we had not fired a shot or spoken to any of the officers outside. Clint is right in his statement earlier in the feed

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.