Suggestion (again)

These kind of posts has been made dozens of times, if not hundreds, however if we truly want Asylum to come back and thrive like it was we genuinely do need change. Here's one suggestion that can happen and be taken seriously so we can maybe see some features we all enjoy added.

After playing on Olympus for a few days it doesn't feel anywhere as smooth as Asylum, however, one thing that Olympus did have is a 'Civilian Representative' someone who can process the thoughts and concerns of the civilian population. I'd love to nominate myself, however I feel as though it should be a majority decision. What the Civ Rep can do is voice the concerns of the rebels (obviously) and also the civilians that go day to day and want to make money and enjoy the server. LTs/CPT's already have pull with additions to cop changes every patch. I feel as though we only see civilian changes when its voiced very loudly and multiple times. I understand all devs/admins are doing this as a volunteer and I don't expect anyone to put the game before life, however I just want to play again with my boys, and enjoy actually playing.

Before I post some suggestions below I'd love to hear whether or not this would be something the developers would consider. It doesn't have to be an unbiased candidate, all the civ rep is doing is making suggestions. Nothing more.

Suggestions are as follows more will be added:

• Make cars not paper, cars being stronger promotes more drug running, vehicle use around the map and overall accessibility to parts of the map previously only used by air.
  • This has been said dozens of times, make money go into the gang bank passively it promotes fighting and overall control of the map.
  • Add a second rebel, somewhere around arms or donor town, we all hate going to gear only to have it camped. Yes there are other rebels and I do go them however a 4th wouldn't be an awful thing.
  • Increase storage size of crates, orcas and even hellcats so people can do helicopter runs to make money.
  • Add tempest device, would entice people to use big vehicles to complete the runs faster.
  • As @Bunni said, a war point system would be phenomenal, all we have now are these end of season rewards which are nice, but a lot of us want that instant gratification. War point clothing store, war point vehicle shop (reduced prices on ifrits/50's/orcas with a certain amount of points).
  • Increase the payout of legal items as well, especially diamonds and iron, they're hard to do, they get robbed often and the payout is so little.
  • Perhaps give an incentive to get new players to leave kavala, or have a "To Do List" in Kavala square, detailing how to make money and the "end game goal".
  • Reduce gun prices overall by 10-15% (including pistols, sdars etc, rook price atm is 1500....thats 15k old school money. The OLD rook was $1,500).
  • Remove literally all of the shit at the prison, none of that is necessary, old prison was best.
  • Remove the rotating drug thing, or at least make them somewhat close to the old positions. The ones current are too far away (mainly meth).
  • Add payout for cops for lethaling/sending people to jail that way cops are more reluctant to keep coming back to fight.

As I think of more I'll add them, if you have any feel free to comment them below and if they seem good for the community then I'll add them in.

Edited by hamsham12
Added Suggestions
Gatorade, Chungo, Feenix and 30 others like this
Just now, hamsham12 said:

LTs/CPT's already have pull with additions to cop changes every patch.

You think they listen to us more then anyone else as far as changes go? Man you must have missed the several suggestion feeds where cops wanted to get the Jeep as the devs have repeatedly said no to the prowler and quilin vehicles. If we had ANY pull those would be in for cops.

Sandwich, Tyler, Mayhem and 1 other like this
Just now, ColtonB205 said:

You think they listen to us more then anyone else as far as changes go? Man you must have missed the several suggestion feeds where cops wanted to get the Jeep as the devs have repeatedly said no to the prowler and quilin vehicles. If we had ANY pull those would be in for cops.

I do think you do. You may not have gotten one thing you wanted, doesn't mean they don't listen.

I do think you do. You may not have gotten one thing you wanted, doesn't mean they don't listen.

From being here a while there is very little pull we have in reguards to patch notes as were looked at as "fully developted" as far as the devs are concerned. The Staff of the APD has little pull as the devs in the same token as the rebels are do not ask of our opinion and make changes where they see fit. On many occasions there is no warning to changes that require new policy to cover those changes. Ex: Introduction of crank which needed policy and regulating for the APD.

TLDR: Devs don't concern themselves with our opinions as were players with minor roles to play in a community.

"oh the 4 rebels fuck on us every time the 15+ cops try to fight the prison because we're uncoordinated as a group" 

Guess who got a new prison entirely developed by higher ups of the APD?

Guess what killed the prison...

Innate and TRYHARD like this
Just now, Wubz said:

"oh the 4 rebels fuck on us every time the 15+ cops try to fight the prison because we're uncoordinated as a group" 

Guess who got a new prison entirely developed by higher ups of the APD?

Guess what killed the prison...

literally nothing wrong with the original pygros prison. Cops were too autistic to figure out sandbags are like paper against 7.62. (solution: dont have dumb LT's) was easy to push while people hard peeked from the gay as fuck angle next to sandbags. Communication and average aim could defeat any rebel force. Other than Envy, they cheated back then :frog:

BigPapaQ likes this

From being here a while there is very little pull we have in reguards to patch notes as were looked at as "fully developted" as far as the devs are concerned. The Staff of the APD has little pull as the devs in the same token as the rebels are do not ask of our opinion and make changes where they see fit. On many occasions there is no warning to changes that require new policy to cover those changes. Ex: Introduction of crank which needed policy and regulating for the APD.

TLDR: Devs don't concern themselves with our opinions as were players with minor roles to play in a community.

I see what you're saying, however Durga has a lot of pull with admins, like it or not. As do other CPT's and certain LT's.

The new prison is so awful as well, holy... Please just remove half the shit there..

The new prison is pathetic. Hardly anyone ever did a prison break to bust the little retard pistol bangers out of jail, we did it for a fight that was fair for 5 rebels to fight 20 cops because we were fortified, but since the cop force is such a crippled kid in a wheel chair they couldn't do anything and it made the prison seem "unfair" 

TRYHARD likes this
Just now, Washedupnibba said:

Thread number #lostcount

ArmA 3 Life is dying in general, even GTA didn't make their donation goal.

They rather invest into Identity than a dying game.

Guys I know it's hard to face it... But we have to.

Huh, odd, after playing olympus for a couple weeks they seem to be doing okay with a pretty decent player count?

Just now, Washedupnibba said:

Thread number #lostcount

ArmA 3 Life is dying in general, even GTA didn't make their donation goal.

They rather invest into Identity than a dying game.

Guys I know it's hard to face it... But we have to.

Okay then by all means leave, before it dies. I have nothing better to play so i'll continue to work on improving the server.

DarkKnight likes this

unbiased candidate, all the civ rep is doing is making suggestions. Nothing more.

If you have an unbiased candidate who makes dogshit suggestions then nothing happens anyway. That's already how it is. Because people don't look at the features they want from balance standpoints, it's just "mine mine mine mine"

Just now, Wubz said:

To be fair, I don't think they listened to @Olio or @Volunteer281 anyway.

Yeah but atleast they told them something once in a blue moon or somethings coming soon style.

Saying anything is a lot better then saying nothing. If you invest time in something you atleast want the idea that SOMETHING may be going on in the background even if its shit or you dont know what it is.

Just now, Sugarfoot said:

Yeah but atleast they told them something once in a blue moon or somethings coming soon style.

Saying anything is a lot better then saying nothing. If you invest time in something you atleast want the idea that SOMETHING may be going on in the background even if its shit or you dont know what it is.

I would be happier with a post from @bamf telling us they don't plan on updating the server's anymore then give us the updates they have given us.

Just now, Wubz said:

I would be happier with a post from @bamf telling us they don't plan on updating the server's anymore then give us the updates they have given us.

I respect that but this is coming from someone whos had the chance to experience how good this server used to be.

For some of the people who play here they love what it has now and just want to know that the servers wont dissapear out of thin air one day and there will be possibly new things to come in the future. Thats the market they need to appeal to, not you or I.

I agree, Asylum needs this among 10-12 different things, most of which in my opinion are simple and straight forward changes.

What honestly amazes me is that this community time and time again after 95 percent of the ideas brought up either being completely ignored or instantly shot down, people still continue to care. I care as well, Asylum for me was a couple years of endless fun and that has been taken away from us. It makes me wonder if Paratus has any financial interest in Asylum because if he does he is doing it wrong.

Edited by Steve

• As @Steve said, a war point system would be phenomenal, all we have now are these end of season rewards which are nice, but a lot of us want that instant gratification. War point clothing store, war point vehicle shop (reduced prices on ifrits/50's/orcas with a certain amount of points).

I don't doubt that I said this, but when did I say this?