BIS has issued a "fix" for the BE kicks

bamf

I hope this isn't too late, I understand that most of the former development team, Alan and Paratus have devoted their time to Identity because let's be honest, that game is their own IP and has a chance of being successful if they do everything right... anyhoot, I'm afraid that their absence and the lack of content might drive players away from both this community, most recently, a well known member, Google left and that's pretty serious. Veteran players are packing their bags and going to other servers and that might trickle down into purchasing Identity itself, why invest in a game when the devs of the Asylum servers jumped ship after the next up and coming thing. It could be viewed as a vicious cycle of repetition that might taint the reputation of Asylum Entertainment, even before their first big release. Unfortunately, players ask for the world when it comes to ArmA Asylum, they want new this and new that but new content is hard to add when the map size limits you. Altis isn't New York City and you don't want hundreds of locations stack upon one another as it causes more problems and then solves the few that cry for more rebel locations and more cartel locations. Granted, small updates, periodically, with tiny fixes wouldn't exactly freshen up the game itself, but make people release that, "Hey, they do give a shit about Joe Blow's request to add this in, and the idea he proposed gained a lot of support and they implemented it in, wonder what I should request?" While development teams don't hire people with the simple job title of "Idea person," this community is full of them, and some might even have the ability to offer their talents to implement some of the ideas they ask for. The bottom line is this, I don't want Asylum to burn their bridges by abandoning the project that bought the community together, full of hyper active squeakers and people who can snipe my ass from across the map (Fuck all you bastards by the way). We're friends, we're enemies, we're that awkward stage in between where you don't know if you want to kick someone's head in or give them a hug... That's all, I just hope now, that if this fix works and BattleEye unfucks itself, I hope to see new content, even if it's small updates here and there. A new gun, some new clothing, small scripts or this and that, new locations that may be reworked and tweaked, just something that says, "Hey, we didn't forget all of you and take your money to help pay for the servers and the upcoming Identity release. Toodles!

TRYHARD, Steve, Flameless and 2 others like this
Just now, Patrick James said:

I hope this isn't too late, I understand that most of the former development team, Alan and Paratus have devoted their time to Identity because let's be honest, that game is their own IP and has a chance of being successful if they do everything right... anyhoot, I'm afraid that their absence and the lack of content might drive players away from both this community, most recently, a well known member, Google left and that's pretty serious. Veteran players are packing their bags and going to other servers and that might trickle down into purchasing Identity itself, why invest in a game when the devs of the Asylum servers jumped ship after the next up and coming thing. It could be viewed as a vicious cycle of repetition that might taint the reputation of Asylum Entertainment, even before their first big release. Unfortunately, players ask for the world when it comes to ArmA Asylum, they want new this and new that but new content is hard to add when the map size limits you. Altis isn't New York City and you don't want hundreds of locations stack upon one another as it causes more problems and then solves the few that cry for more rebel locations and more cartel locations. Granted, small updates, periodically, with tiny fixes wouldn't exactly freshen up the game itself, but make people release that, "Hey, they do give a shit about Joe Blow's request to add this in, and the idea he proposed gained a lot of support and they implemented it in, wonder what I should request?" While development teams don't hire people with the simple job title of "Idea person," this community is full of them, and some might even have the ability to offer their talents to implement some of the ideas they ask for. The bottom line is this, I don't want Asylum to burn their bridges by abandoning the project that bought the community together, full of hyper active squeakers and people who can snipe my ass from across the map (Fuck all you bastards by the way). We're friends, we're enemies, we're that awkward stage in between where you don't know if you want to kick someone's head in or give them a hug... That's all, I just hope now, that if this fix works and BattleEye unfucks itself, I hope to see new content, even if it's small updates here and there. A new gun, some new clothing, small scripts or this and that, new locations that may be reworked and tweaked, just something that says, "Hey, we didn't forget all of you and take your money to help pay for the servers and the upcoming Identity release. Toodles!

this.

Just now, Patato said:

A vocal minority who didn't think of the consequences. 

I for one would rather keep all four servers alive and come out with content to bring our player base back.

Bring the cap down from 100 to 80 to compensate for low population and would spread players out more. It would help performance I'm sure as well. 

Edit: It would simply be a temporary fix that wouldn't drive players away but instead be a band-aid till someone in the dev team get's their shit together and makes something the community has been asking for before we all go back to old games or find new ones.

Edited by Steve
Squirtle likes this

I'm just mind blown, how hard is it to tell people , hey we're not bringing up a certain server until xx time or after xx happens. Like why do we get hid in the dark and have to speculate on what is actually happening? Is it honestly that much a pain in the ass to relay a simple message somewhere for everyone?

Like some people use scotch as a primary source of income on servers, or store massive ingredients to do meth runs & yet we are basically boned & forced to play on a different server. Just mind blowing, absolutely mind blowing, especially after being told the other servers would be up by 24 hours ago. 

& this is just something small, from what I've been reading, updates or possibilities don't even get released to anyone , period.

Feel free to flame me, but I don't get it , we don't get any relayed information it seems & I'm sure other communities notice this & act on it to draw attention to their communities. 

Just simple things.

"Be ready for a patch announcement sometime next week!"
"Servers have been delayed on relaunching for 12 more hours!"

"We're bringing servers down for maintenance!"

Just simple things :( 

Bleach Chugger likes this
Just now, Azeh said:

They want as many people as possible on each server for stress testing purposes. Since Gang Wars is happening on Saturday and Sunday, they might as well use S2 to host Gang Wars. My assumption is S2 will come back up once Gang Wars is finished.

So they are for sure keeping S2 down?

Was that confirmed?

If so thats pretty fucking scummy, because people put alot of effort into their shit, and you're basically telling them they can't play with their shit. The fuck?

Just seems whack as hell.

Just now, Azeh said:

No to both questions. It's what I assume - S2 back up sunday or monday.

Alright, yeah if thats the case.

#1 It could be stated by someone instead of making us assume.

#2 Not everyone plays during the week, so removing a "home" server from someone on the weekend just seems lame as fuck.

Revenant likes this
Just now, Grizz said:

I'm just mind blown, how hard is it to tell people , hey we're not bringing up a certain server until xx time or after xx happens. Like why do we get hid in the dark and have to speculate on what is actually happening? Is it honestly that much a pain in the ass to relay a simple message somewhere for everyone?

Like some people use scotch as a primary source of income on servers, or store massive ingredients to do meth runs & yet we are basically boned & forced to play on a different server. Just mind blowing, absolutely mind blowing, especially after being told the other servers would be up by 24 hours ago. 

& this is just something small, from what I've been reading, updates or possibilities don't even get released to anyone , period.

Feel free to flame me, but I don't get it , we don't get any relayed information it seems & I'm sure other communities notice this & act on it to draw attention to their communities. 

Just simple things.

5 hours ago, John Stanson said:

I never expressed any interest in shutting down two servers; plus this issue was never addressed openly by the admins/mods/whoever is in power. I enjoy playing on server 3, not server 1 or 4. All of both my and my friend's stuff is there and it boasts a unique environment. I simply don't enjoy playing on one and four the way I do three. That's why a lot of people are sitting on the forums waiting for our servers to be back up.

Exactly they don't realize how different the community is between the servers 

i've got a great idea...host asylum with the default altis life mission file...then stress test it, give everyone max money, no rules, just a huge firefights everywhere..if no mass kicks..it was the mission file the whole time  & everyone will have had more fun in that single day then the past 6 months

7 hours ago, Grizz said:

Just simple things.

No your completely correct. Scotch and meth are my main source of income and now I'm stuck making petty money on the other servers. It's horse shit.

Bannab1 likes this
Just now, Azeh said:

Bamf - Yesterday at 05:03
that code is really old

Bamf - Yesterday at 05:52
well the commands that do the restart still work

Bamf - Yesterdayat 05:53
i wonder what they did
i just tested it on dev
could be something with the timers 

The random server crashes have been due to the neglected restart timers

xd