Keep server 2 down

You really think just dropping a server where people have everything, or where certain ranks of the APD reside with absolutely no prep or foresight is a good idea? What if your server was randomly dropped and you lost everything inside of your houses, and not to mention the "True" value of your houses? (countering the market value, what we will be comped if we do not get our houses back.) Asylum would also have a loss of players due to those who no longer would want to play when everything they had was ripped away from them.

Just now, Vietnamese Farmer said:

You really think just dropping a server where people have everything, or where certain ranks of the APD reside with absolutely no prep or foresight is a good idea? What if your server was randomly dropped and you lost everything inside of your houses, and not to mention the "True" value of your houses? (countering the market value, what we will be comped if we do not get our houses back.) Asylum would also have a loss of players due to those who no longer would want to play when everything they had was ripped away from them.

If a server goes down there will be a prep without a doubt. Certain ranks of the APD wouldn't be left without any prep the Captains would be aware of it and make changes. Sure it sucks from a certain point of view but from another one it's a good thing.

You will most likely have the stuff from your house put somewhere for you. For example in the Asylum Exchange inventory I would assume.. For the house part yes that would suck. 

Mr. Linux likes this

Cap the servers at 80. You can keep all 4 servers up 24/7. Performance will be better, the players will be more spread out between servers. No one loses houses it's a win win imo. I can't see one reason the devs would think otherwise but if they would like to discuss I am more then happy to hear their opinion on why that is a bad idea.

Edit:not to sound like I am the one in charge or anything like that. I'm just a player who sees that asylum can not afford to lose any more of its regular players.

Edited by Steve
Patato, Kev 23, Xehons and 1 other like this
Just now, Steve said:

Cap the servers at 80. You can keep all 4 servers up 24/7. Performance will be better, the players will be more spread out between servers. No one loses houses it's a win win imo. I can't see one reason the devs would think otherwise but if they would like to discuss I am more then happy to hear their opinion on why that is a bad idea.

Edit:not to sound like I am the one in charge or anything like that. I'm just a player who sees that asylum can not afford to lose any more of its regular players.

Can confirm i had a group of guys who simply couldn't play last night.

2 hours ago, Steve said:

+1

Patato likes this
17 hours ago, Olio said:

It will make a reappearance, you won’t lose your stuff.

Have the devs at all considered lowering the player cap on each server to say 80? They could bring up all 4 servers. The servers would have better performance and no one loses their houses or has limited access to them. Is this not the all around better choice?

Kev 23 and Xehons like this
Just now, Steve said:

Have the devs at all considered lowering the player cap on each server to say 80? They could bring up all 4 servers. The servers would have better performance and no one loses their houses or has limited access to them. Is this not the all around better choice?

seems everyone would much rather just take a fat shit on s2. Although I'm 100% for the 80 cap.