Change log 8.0.4

bamf

Just now, massi said:

kbw is a god that is all thank you

KBW didn't add any of this code, but I'm sure he enjoys you saying he's a god.  

Just now, Steve said:

why this? everything else is good but why

Because they cost $50k and didn't blow up any vehicles.  It's something I am testing again to see how it plays out.  You still have to RP etc, but under the current (pre-patch) gameplay someone shooting a RPG into a HQ would have an identical effect on personnel.

Just now, bamf said:

KBW didn't add any of this code, but I'm sure he enjoys you saying he's a god.  

Because they cost $50k and didn't blow up any vehicles.  It's something I am testing again to see how it plays out.  You still have to RP etc, but under the current (pre-patch) gameplay someone shooting a RPG into a HQ would have an identical effect on personnel.

How much did orcas get decreased?

Just now, Scott said:

How much did orcas get decreased?

I'd check but i'm not near an air shop.

Also @bamf Can we get a rough idea on what the new content patch will be like? Asylum used to have regular content updates so the secrecy was not such a big deal but we haven't had what the community would call a "content update" in forever. 

Edit: As a result this content update that is being talked about is driving me insane that I can't know what it will be like at all.

Edited by Steve
Space, BishopActual, JayD and 2 others like this
Just now, Gnashes said:

People will be buying more Orcas because they're cheaper. So we're giving people a slightly more viable option to shoot down some of those Orcas.

Considering every gun that costs more then 5k can kill the pilot now I don't know why this is necessary. Also worth mentioning that the rpgs will be blowing up striders before they can get to a bank or a fed as well.

Patato likes this
Just now, bamf said:

It's close for the cops, not quite 30% though.

Although this topic is not related to server performance, have you guys figured what's been causing lag, yellow chains and server crashes recently? Or is it something you guys are still looking into?

As a side note:

On 12/1/2017 at 4:53 AM, BlackShot said:

Whoever has been playing on server 1 knows the server has been taking shit after the update - and I've heard S4 is in the same shape. At some point, the wanted list will take a while to load, cars will take a huge time to show up on the garage list and suddenly the server is gonna crash, giving people yellow chains and kicking them off right after.

But one thing I noticed is we're not getting kicked off by BattlEye anymore. Could this whole situation be related to server performance then? @bamf @Gnashes

Steve likes this
Just now, Gnashes said:

50k a shot is hefty if you miss.

I know people who can hit them like every fucking time. I'm not even a career cop or someone who plays cop remotely often at all. 

Another thing worth mentioning is that the people who come here for combat are here because it's a change from koth. There's not blackfoots or tanks. They want the gunplay, the rpg at full force changes that entirely.