Change log 8.0.4

bamf

Just now, Azeh said:

BE kicks do infact still happen. A hotfix is being released to the dev branch tomorrow that will include fixed for "some if not all BE issues" - but it's unknown whether or not BE mass kicks will be fixed.

It's a different message when people get kicked though that's the main difference I see. It could be the same issue with a new name. Regardless the kicks whatever there cause are, are much less frequent. Not to say they are not a problem because they are quite a big fucking issue. Bottom line is server performance is better then it was a week or so ago and as long it gets better from here i'll be a content yung man.

Just now, Grizz said:

@bamf @Gnashes Can we have server 2 back for like 12 hours? Just so most of us can sell off our stuff to begin moving into other servers. 

I'm sure a lot of people would appreciate this.

Server 2 will be up.  Just give it a few days.  Paratus is finalizing some code to make the servers a tad more dynamic in an effort to keep them more full.  You'll have access to all your physical and virtual items when that happens.  

Walt, Sikorsky, BlackShot and 2 others like this
Just now, bamf said:

Server 2 will be up.  Just give it a few days.  Paratus is finalizing some code to make the servers a tad more dynamic in an effort to keep them more full.  You'll have access to all your physical and virtual items when that happens.  

Isn't s2 the last one to come up though?

Just now, bamf said:

These notes are not overly huge, but there are a few things here that have been requested:  

• Orcas and Hellcats now cost less money.
  • The damage handler for Orcas has been removed.  BIS has allowed glass to become damaged now, so we will see how this plays in a live environment.  
  • The damage handler for RPGs has been removed.  You pay $50k for an RPG rocket, we're going to treat it like a suicide vest in terms of boom potential (for now).  
  • The custom damage handler for Vans has been removed since BIS tweaked how they handle damage in the Arma engine.  
  • Putting a restrained player in a car should work better now.  
  • You should be able to lockpick a player by scroll wheel now.  
  • Added some additional backend logging to try to figure out why server restarts are less reliable with the current Arma patch.  

We are working on some more major game enhancements in the background, but I wanted to drop a few things in tonight.  

2570bbe40b2b979656a4b1e99163d75c.png

Help the poor, I can only afford these because people feel bad for me and give me money lol

Innate, BlackShot, Walt and 2 others like this
Just now, tryhardsqueaker said:

He took a screen shot of what Gnashes said in SGT chat. Olio confirmed the screenshot was legit. You're just being an ass

Didn't realize it was a three step program to get information on a server going offline. If only we had some place that was easily accessible to everyone where a message could be posted to update people on the state of a server. Guess im an ass for wanting clear communication with the community. 

jonah.jpg

But as @Oliosaid "You have high exceptions"

Just now, bamf said:

So you’re telling me the 80+ for certain servers to be up thing will be happening?

Just now, tryhardsqueaker said:

He took a screen shot of what Gnashes said in SGT chat. Olio confirmed the screenshot was legit. You're just being an ass

I think his point is that it should be announced by developers not by second or third hand. Which is agreeable.

Kettles, Steve, Walt and 3 others like this
Just now, Olio said:

I think his point is that it should be announced by developers not by second or third hand. Which is agreeable.

Well it was announced by a developer, just in a spot not everyone could see.  Blame it on me being in day 12 of my convalescence from my cold...

Also, f whoever gave me this cold.

BlackShot likes this
Just now, bamf said:

Well it was announced by a developer, just in a spot not everyone could see.  Blame it on me being in day 12 of my convalescence from my cold...

Youre not the only Dev that can make a public announcement letting everyone know what’s going on ;) 

Just now, bamf said:

These notes are not overly huge, but there are a few things here that have been requested:  

• The damage handler for Orcas has been removed.  BIS has allowed glass to become damaged now, so we will see how this plays in a live environment.  
  • The damage handler for RPGs has been removed.  You pay $50k for an RPG rocket, we're going to treat it like a suicide vest in terms of boom potential (for now).  
  • The custom damage handler for Vans has been removed since BIS tweaked how they handle damage in the Arma engine.  
  • Added some additional backend logging to try to figure out why server restarts are less reliable with the current Arma patch.  

We are working on some more major game enhancements in the background, but I wanted to drop a few things in tonight.  

Bring server 2 back. I understand what youre trying to do with it offline but people will tend to join 1 and 2 considering they will see them pop up first in any search and its the second most played precinct for cops and not to mention it was once the most populated server on asylum before 1 was over the couple months and its effected money making and people who had houses for loadouts, gang house etc. The thing you where saying youre trying to add for the virtual inventory for houses is gonna flop. I cant see it working properly and it will be full of bugs and ways for people to fuck over how its supposed to be used. Keep all servers up for now until theirs a definite fall and end to any population increase

Edited by Sean That Irish Guy
Walt, Bannab1, Kev 23 and 1 other like this
Just now, Sean That Irish Guy said:

Bring server 2 back. I understand what youre trying to do with it offline but people will tend to join 1 and 2 considering they will see them pop up first in any search and its the second most played precinct for cops and not to mention it was once the most populated server on asylum before 1 was over the couple months and its effected money making and people who had houses for loadouts, gang house etc. The thing you where saying youre trying to add for the virtual inventory for houses is gonna flop. I cant see it working properly and it will be full of bugs and ways for people to fuck over how its supposed to be used. Keep all servers up for now until theirs a definite fall and end to any population increase

Server 2 is our fourth most popular server, which is why it's currently the one that is not online while we stress test BIS' fixes for BE stuff.  

Just now, bamf said:

Server 2 is our fourth most popular server, which is why it's currently the one that is not online while we stress test BIS' fixes for BE stuff.  

Assuming S2 goes down that kinda cucks all the people who invested a lot of money into housing locations, while making the housing on the other servers more expensive & desirable in turn making it harder to buy all your houses back on the remaining servers. 

I'm sure the only way people affected could fully get behind a server going down is if players were compensated a realistic value for their houses, or a system was put in place allowing people to have similar use of their house on a separate server. Accessing your crates @ AE would be a pretty sloppy way to solve the problem considering most of the AE locations are out of the way. 

Just now, bamf said:

We are working on some more major game enhancements in the background, but I wanted to drop a few things in tonight.   this year.

Fixed it for you!

Edited by Brendon Smith
Nicolas March likes this