Asylum Needs Help.

I have seen that S1 and S4 now have the capacity to hold 110 players...but why? They both constantly crash, lag out, or get DDoSed. It has come to my attention that S3 and S2 will only see the light of day on the weekends. If you are going to have two servers will a high player capacity, atleast let those who have houses on S3 and S2 sell them so that they don't have to wait to use the things they own. Honestly, I think there needs to be more interaction with the community..as I see slim to none. Another thing that needs to be addressed is gangs. Everyone left for olympus, and there are no more good gangs to fight with or against...maybe some new features for gangs will bring some of the good players back? 

Edit: I found much need to edit my post. As soon as I get on S4, there is a mass battleye kick. This shows how bad of a provider Asylum has. Why doesn't olympus have these issues? I can get on any of their servers and have no issues. S1 and S4 are crashing so much that they are unplayable. No wonder why everyone left for olympus. I just don't get how you can think that making the two laggiest servers be able to hold more players would solve any issue..because it doesn't. If other providers are too expensive, then how about listening to your community for a change? Maybe implement some of the ideas that the community wants instead of playing PUBG all day. That may give people a reason to donate to your servers, because where we are right now, there isn't. If you agree, please say something.

Update:

So now, after two days of this, Asylum is now on it's last straw. Server 4 is repeatedly crashing. As for Server 1, I fear the same. Server 2 and 3 have to manually be put to due to a flaw in the scripts (as far as I know) . If something does not happen soon, I fear the fall of asylum. All 4 servers were full until this dumbass update came into play. Maybe, just maybe, the developers will take a break from PUBG for a few hours and fix this shit. And do not expect Identity to ever come out...if they can't maintain 4 servers on ArmA, they surely won't be able to maintain a full game. 

(and also, no personal attack to any devs is meant)

Edited by OperatorJohn
N/A

There have been many times where I have thought updates have messed up how the game works and plays, but this one has to take the cake. Now I am not trying to hate, and I know my point won't be seen or even acknowledged, but this is seriously dumb. Increasing the player cap is not going to help at all, the only thing it will add is the amount of times I will be kicked within the hour. Now I understand you may not be able to fund all 4 servers, due to the lack of mass donations (I don't know that for sure, I'm just making a guess from reading how people have been feeling about the community) but instead of just taking the loss, try to implement some new ideas and take some risks, as of right now, it seems like this will be no more within the next 6 months. People have spent years on the servers that have been shut down, and due to them being shut down people have left, to either stop playing the game in general, or join olympus.

I see server 3 going up rn and it already almost has more players than server 4. Now I may play server 3 the most but I am just trying to get the point across that people aren't going to just give up their time and effort on the other servers to switch, as that would be starting over, they might as well go to a community that will last longer than how this one looks like it is going.

Add some new ideas, implement some new weapons/cars, implement some new drugs, or ways to make money, increase the money cop make and balance it by add something to help the rebels. Add something new to rob, other than the bank and fed. Add a new organization that you can work for and get ability's from. Now I understand some of these ideas are pretty bad, but I just tried to think of some off the top of my head.

Now the devs could also be losing motivation to improve the server and giving up, in which case, find something that will motivate you to help the server more, or find some devs that you can trust and have some fresh ideas that may help the server, because at this rate, within the next month or so, I wouldn't be surprised if only one server is up. You guys also need to let the community know what is going on, because if you don't they will just think you gave up, and just leave.

Also fix the front page, last I checked there was no more Tanoa server and wasn't any real world weather anymore either. Stop reducing and start implementing, but before you implement anything, fix the current issues, change the servers back to 100, add server 2 and 3 back up, and fix what ever needs to be fixed. Reducing obviously isn't helping, it is just poking an already pissed off bear.

Edit: I broke it up so it doesn't hurt to read

Edited by Donutkiller
Just now, Donutkiller said:

There have been many times where I have thought updates have messed up how the game works and plays, but this one has to take the cake. Now I am not trying to hate, and I know my point won't be seen or even acknowledged, but this is seriously dumb. Increasing the player cap is not going to help at all, the only thing it will add is the amount of times I will be kicked within the hour. Now I understand you may not be able to fund all 4 servers, due to the lack of mass donations (I don't know that for sure, I'm just making a guess from reading how people have been feeling about the community) but instead of just taking the loss, try to implement some new ideas and take some risks, as right now, it seems like this will be no more within the next 6 months. People have spent years on the servers that have been shut down, and due to them being shut down people have left, to either stop playing the game in general, or join olympus. I see server 3 going up rn and it already almost has more players than server 4. Now I may play server 3 the most but I am just trying to get the point across that people aren't going to just give up their time and effort on the other servers to switch, as that would be starting over, they might as well go to a community that will last longer that how this one looks like it is going. Add some new ideas, implement some new weapons/cars, implement some new drugs, or ways to make money, increase the money cop make and balance it by add something to help the rebels. Add something new to rob, other than the bank and fed. Add a new organization that you can work for and get ability's from. Now I understand some of these ideas are pretty bad, but I just tried to think of some off the top of my head. Now the devs could also be losing motivation to improve the server and giving up, in which case, find something that will motivate you to help the server more, or find some devs that you can trust and have some fresh ideas that may help the server, because at this rate, within the next month or so, I wouldn't be surprised if only one server is up. You guys also need to let the community know what is going on, because if you don't they will just think you gave up, and just leave. Also fix the front page, last I checked there was no more Tanoa server and wasn't any real world weather anymore either. Stop reducing and start implementing, but before you implement anything, fix the current issues, change the servers back to 100, add server 2 and 3 back up, and fix what ever needs to be fixed. Reducing obviously isn't helping, it is just poking an already pissed off bear.

I completely agree. Sure 8.0 added crank and a few new vehicles, but they really did nothing major. There needs to be a major update to fix many issues..and maybe even consult the community for some new additions?

Edited by OperatorJohn
Just now, OperatorJohn said:

not nearly as much as asylum

I've spoken with admins from an AUS life server that were completely crippled by the BE kicks. 

23131a7082183b4d2b909c27242adab0.png

https://dev.arma3.com/post/sitrep-00206

Unfortunately because its bohemia...

4ea65041e1f3a62e095233f9dd2d77ec.png

https://dev.arma3.com/post/sitrep-00207

https://feedback.bistudio.com/T124802

^ A BE feedback thread with multiple communities, including ours, coming together to attempt to find a solution. While mostly being ignored by bohemia. As you can see this has been going on for some time. Only recently has BI acknowledged that this is an issue and is actively working to fix it.

Just now, Leady said:

I've spoken with admins from an AUS life server that were completely crippled by the BE kicks. 

23131a7082183b4d2b909c27242adab0.png

https://dev.arma3.com/post/sitrep-00206

Unfortunately because its bohemia...

4ea65041e1f3a62e095233f9dd2d77ec.png

https://dev.arma3.com/post/sitrep-00207

https://feedback.bistudio.com/T124802

^ A BE feedback thread with multiple communities, including ours, coming together to attempt to find a solution. While mostly being ignored by bohemia. As you can see this has been going on for some time. Only recently has BI acknowledged that this is an issue and is actively working to fix it.

No point of responding to these anymore, have @Painbringa112 create a script to respond with the automated message and then lock the thread

Just now, Azeh said:

:shrug:

402095dc40cc7261aa3492ef74427f07.png

b3206dce34bbb6d745e701aace0c9589.png

68f5f15b33075171b464e3373ae54ae2.png

71f6462e07dea3dd80cef7da41d85483.png

9ae9b8aed85c4918320920b5ba633e35.png

5 different communties.

There's 5 communities that experience kicks, it would be fair to say im my opinion that Bohemia is exclusively at fault IF there were only say another 30 communities within Arma 3. That being said there is a far more then 30 possibly a couple of hundred. I'm willing to bet that Asylum fucked up somewhere in the same way these other 5 communities fucked up or in a similar way for that matter.

This last week I haven't experienced ANY BE kicks.. just laggy servers that then shut down or get restarted. Do more resources need to be given to the servers? More mem maybe? Is the scripting part of it? 

I know when we had a bank hit, the server took a shit.. no one could do anything.. as soon as bank was up, server was ish fine again until a restart fixed it. Is there a memory leak causing issues? Has anyone contacted the hosting provider to see if the servers can be upgraded?  

Joe (StealthProxy) likes this
Just now, JaxxonMurphy said:

This last week I haven't experienced ANY BE kicks.. just laggy servers that then shut down or get restarted. Do more resources need to be given to the servers? More mem maybe? Is the scripting part of it? 

I know when we had a bank hit, the server took a shit.. no one could do anything.. as soon as bank was up, server was ish fine again until a restart fixed it. Is there a memory leak causing issues? Has anyone contacted the hosting provider to see if the servers can be upgraded?  

Why throw money into a pit?

1 hour ago, JaxxonMurphy said:

Well, it seems that the supposed BattlEye fix from BIS is not working if we're going to blame Bohemia's side for this... but, I also think the BattlEye kicks have been solved, in a way. When the servers start lagging and people start getting kicked, there are less BattlEye kick reasons and more Steam authentication check failures.

Could this link to the lack of server resources along with resource-hogging, inefficient scripts rather than BattlEye/BIS issues?

Edited by Joe (StealthProxy)
operatorjohnny^ likes this
Just now, OperatorJohn said:

As soon as S3 goes up, more than half of S4's pop goes to S3...it is the best running server, why not leave it up instead of S4?

HA - 3 is not better than 4, they are both on the same cluster, as 1 and 2 are (from what we've been told) so it runs better because 3 and 4 are now splitting the load.

Just now, Azeh said:

lViz4jd.png

GTZ7tjv.png

(server 2 was offline at the time)

I'm not saying they are not happening. I'm just saying I personally haven't experienced them, that I am only experiencing the lag. They are definitely down on kicks though.. and most of the client not responding kicks, CAN be due to lag on the server not finding the connection to the users machine.

Update:

So now, after two days of this, Asylum is now on it's last straw. Server 4 is repeatedly crashing. As for Server 1, I fear the same. Server 2 and 3 have to manually be put to due to a flaw in the scripts (as far as I know) . If something does not happen soon, I fear the fall of asylum. All 4 servers were full until this dumbass update came into play. Maybe, just maybe, the developers will take a break from PUBG for a few hours and fix this shit. And do not expect Identity to ever come out...if they can't maintain 4 servers on ArmA, they surely won't be able to maintain a full game. 

(and also, no personal attack to any devs is meant)

Edited by OperatorJohn
dont wanna get permed
Joe (StealthProxy) and Toxicc like this