What does Olympus do better.. If anything?

Just pointing out been on Asylum for almost 3 years now. I have never really played Olympus since I had biased towards Asylum being 10000x better and frankly just not wanting to start from scratch again. Last night I checked their severs and all 3 were full at 111 players. On a Wednesday night that is pretty impressive compared to what we have been getting lately.

I guess where I'm getting at is for any of you who have played Olympus or do currently... What are some things that make it better, or on the other end worse than Asylum.

Agent Cucky and Bherky like this

In my personal opinion, asylum is the better server its just it doesnt get updates so its the same old, however when people fight I prefer asylum (im talking 12v12 which doesnt happen anymore) compared to olympus where massive fights happen all the time and they arent even pre planned, you just go to a cartel and start capping and 9 times out of 10 another gang will come and so the fighting goes on.

Haych likes this
Just now, Treeontyn said:

Looking for specifics...

Better economy, better players, more players, more active admins, more variety, active updates, more developed settings/in-game optimization, more active gangs, fun implemented content i.e. Blackwaters, admin events, no cancerous money making methods, no homosexual admins kinda, world's most developed Altis life servers™.

Steve, Walt, skrood and 2 others like this
Just now, Fidel C4str0 said:

Bad / corrupt staff, friend circle staff, shit cop force (worse than asylum).

Admins go FUCKING INVISIBLE AND WATCH YOU AND BAN YOU IF THEY "THINK" YOU BROKE A RULE.

AND THE ONLY WAY, TO FUCKING APPEAL, IS ON THEIR GODDAMN TIME. IT TAKES FUCKING FOREVER.

Same on Asylum lol except you’re appeal gets looked at and if you’re lucky you get that good admin that actually responds and talks to you. Or you can wait forever and they don’t respond until your Ban is already lifted

Admins go FUCKING INVISIBLE AND WATCH YOU AND BAN YOU IF THEY "THINK" YOU BROKE A RULE.

AND THE ONLY WAY, TO FUCKING APPEAL, IS ON THEIR GODDAMN TIME. IT TAKES FUCKING FOREVER.

Of course, admins are going to be friends, the originals started the server from an Asylum gang, you're retarded.

The cop force doesn't really value RP which I think is ok, its 2017 nobody has time to listen to your bullshit story about self-defense.

Admins across multiple servers including Asylum do the same, they'll admin cam you and wait for you to do something because they've got nothing better to do.

And appealing a ban? Didn't do anything wrong not their fault, it's not anyone's obligation to unban you. I've had comps, reports and appeals go unanswered for weeks until I just deleted them here. Asylum is a laughable comparison versus Olympus today. Thanks for the in-depth talk on it though!!!

zoom likes this

We did a hostage situation near athira on one of there servers and the cops actually role played the entire event. Even promised us free passage for a few clicks. If a constable on here did that, people would be demanding him hung in kavala square and a demotion / black list from the APD.

@Treeontyn - What I like is from what I have seen the cops will role play and the medics will also. Also the insurance system is amazing. And lastly when you take someone's organ they have to get medical help within a few minutes or they will die.

Edited by Mank
Just now, Mako said:

Better economy, better players, more players, more active admins, more variety, active updates, more developed settings/in-game optimization, more active gangs, fun implemented content i.e. Blackwaters, admin events, no cancerous money making methods, no homosexual admins kinda, world's most developed Altis life servers™.

:kappa:

Just now, Mank said:

We did a hostage situation near athira on one of there servers and the cops actually role played the entire event. Even promised us free passage for a few clicks. If a constable on here did that, people would be demanding him hung in kavala square and a demotion / black list from the APD.

@Treeontyn - What I like is from what I have seen the cops will role play and the medics will also. Also the insurance system is amazing. And lastly when you take someone's organ they have to get medical help within a few minutes or they will die.

rare occurrence my friend. I've seen it on asylum too.

Just now, Mako said:

Of course, admins are going to be friends, the originals started the server from an Asylum gang, you're retarded.

The cop force doesn't really value RP which I think is ok, its 2017 nobody has time to listen to your bullshit story about self-defense.

Admins across multiple servers including Asylum do the same, they'll admin cam you and wait for you to do something because they've got nothing better to do.

And appealing a ban? Didn't do anything wrong not their fault, it's not anyone's obligation to unban you. I've had comps, reports and appeals go unanswered for weeks until I just deleted them here. Asylum is a laughable comparison versus Olympus today. Thanks for the in-depth talk on it though!!!

as an admin, it should be an obligation to view appeals.

my comps and reports get answered quick as fuck here.

took 7 days on Olympus. might even still have the ticket.

And, it's not the fact that admins are friends. it's the fact that the senior admins only recruit friends. Which is an issue. That leads to bias & unfair judgement.

You would know that if you didn't have severe autism.

BioHazard likes this

Olympus is stupid for more then one reason. 
They continue to support their medic faction when the medic faction claims to exist for "RP", and everyone knows medics are trolls and are their for making money. The few that exist for "RP" are far and few between. The fact that they would continue to support medics amd not give the community real full on defibs is asinine. Medics are annoying, they don't listen and they are biased to their friends on civ, which they are not supposed to be.

They have titans, I fucking hate titans.

Their admin team is inbred a team of toothless retards who ban people for rdm with a 45 second video, and that's just the where the retardation starts.

Granted they do listen to their community and I genuinely think Asylum would still be the top dog if they did too.

Mr.Purple and Shad0wedDreamer like this
Just now, Steve said:

Olympus is stupid for more then one reason. 
They continue to support their medic faction when the medic faction claims to exist for "RP", and everyone knows medics are trolls and are their for making money. The few that exist for "RP" are far and few between. The fact that they would continue to support medics amd not give the community real full on defibs is asinine. Medics are annoying, they don't listen and they are biased to their friends on civ, which they are not supposed to be.

They have titans, I fucking hate titans.

Their admin team is inbred a team of toothless retards who ban people for rdm with a 45 second video, and that's just the where the retardation starts.

Granted they do listen to their community and I genuinely think Asylum would still be the top dog if they did too.

If Asylum took the time to listen to the community, was more vocal with what they are doing (server 2 for example) and added new features then people would come and stay. The medic's I have seen on Olympus definitely are better than here(probably because of the white list). The things that draw people to Olympus is: New content, Active developers and are very vocal. I'll always be on Asylum but I can see why people are playing the Olympus servers.

Edited by Mank
Shad0wedDreamer likes this

Asylum has always been the better server with much better players. The only reason a wave of Asylum players moved over was because you couldn't get a decent fight on Asylum without dying to a 12 gauge shotty, this then lead to more and more people picking Olympus over Asylum.

Olympus Staff team is beyond retarded, but the Devs add things the community wants, they add things our community has been wanting and the most important thing is the Olympus Economy. It shits all over Asylums. Making money is way more enjoyable on Olympus than it is on Asylum. Getting a squad of 15, running large trucks and helicopters worth of shit without fucked over by a shitty dynamic market is nice. You can make money and fight for days, on Asylum people just preferred buying money and fighting because grinding a hour for 2 load-outs isn't fun, or having to constantly make money because of a money cap gets pretty old pretty quick as well.

massi likes this

There are downsides on each server. Asylum has little to no fights, but a way more competent admin team. Olympus has a fucking ass ball shit ton of fights and an admin team consisting of some of the most autistic people I know. Admins have little direct impact on people fighting cartels though, so it's not like that matters anyway (unless you're Olio LUL)

and their gang wars takes about 3 hours, as oppose to 3 weeks.

Edited by Vanilla Coke