What does Olympus do better.. If anything?

there is way more things to do as far as making money, illegal and legal the map is distributed very evenly, where every part of the map is used actively..

there is more rebels, including "Warzone Rebel" which is east arms, and they sell Olympus version of a mini defib.."Epi Pen" which revives your teammate and they have a "dopamine" timer, so you must either get healed by a medic or go to a hospital..currently they are releasing a longer timer, or defib? not 100%

loadouts & vehicles are much cheaper , as it is much easier to make money, you can get an orca and a turtle backpack and make around 500k in one meth run....., (two loadouts for fighting) in relatively 20-25 minutes, where as it takes quite a bit of work to make that on Asylum as the cops check drug areas 24/7 and there is no timer or wave rules to return, as for Olympus there is

an orca costs around 500k i think and once you put the 150k insurance on it, it's 150k each time you lose it with insurance..

that's 50k asylum for an orca, then 15k each time you crash it basically..but asylum orcas used to be 120-200k, which is 2million relatively olympus money...(fucking joke) literally thats 7-8 dollars $$ us for one vehicle, if i bought that on olympus you could get around 7-9 loadouts , or loadouts, heli, ifrit, all in one..the groups have no cap limit, there will literally be 3-4 gangs with 10-20 people each fighting for hours on end and there is not one single bit of lag you can claim ifrits you win at fights, they have gang sheds... 

THERE IS NO FREEZERS AT THE CARTEL..if you own it, the money goes into your gang bank

honestly the logic behind the freezers at the moment is broken..the admins don't see it how rebels do because they don't get on the server & go cap it..there is honestly no reason to get the cartel unless the freezer is full with 100k..so people dont even bother half the time..yeah let me go sit at the cartel for 30 minutes...then wait 30mins-1hour or however long it is for the money to fill up, fly my orca to the cartel...server kicks you off, you lose your orca & all the freezers are reset...and then when you finally do get there without getting kicked, there is some guy there with a fucking rook and kills you when you take the money , they even made it where you can't put it in your vehicle anymore back then! what a joke! people can watch you take the money out and wait at rebel..Mass kicks started happening...you'd think we'd be rewarded for dealing with it so calmly and trusting the process..but no, they nerf the firearm factory, making it where you need salt..they nerf drug running..they nerf scotch where you have to refresh your crates, they raise taxes on ifrits, orcas and if i'm not mistaken guns, they nerf panagia gun crafting & also nerf orca crafting...literally the only way to make money is doing meth..which is usually camped, or cops showing up every 10 minutes, all the bitching and moaning about everyone on server 5 when there is literally barely any ways to make fucking money anymore and they wonder why everyone just went there to make money?..

their fed pays up to 4-10million i think? which is 400k-1m Asylum money

they have blackwater..where you can get DMS scope, mar10,tons more and attachments, csats, armed quillin, striders, hunters, armed blackhawk..and you can sell these to other player or keep them

they have a war point shop , selling csats(you cannot donate for them by the way)

honestly im tired of naming things because the list goes on that they have that Asylum doesn't because it's honestly frustrating, we've all been so loyal to Asylum, we've all introduced so many ideas, they are  just all shut down...i mean server 2 was down for ages and there was no warning or post about it..we literally had to find out from a gyazo of a discord chat...(lul) 

Asylum needs to hire a coder at this point..They definitely have the money..If Paratus actually gave a flying fuck about the thousands of people who donated to Asylum and donated to his new game he would do something about all this..Literally we are the sole reason he has all that money, must be nice..It's time for the staff to take a step back, admit the server is failing, do something about server 2 & 3..literally people have worked to get houses and setups on there for years...and you just take it away like it's nothing..."Ahh they will be alright, they'll adjust.." that's like taking your code for idenity paratus that you worked on for years and just deleting it...I don't think you'd like that very much...I owned several arma 2 overpoch servers that were semi-successful i earned around $7500 dollars in donations in the first 6 months, I tried to expand and did things my way and ignored my community...long story short it died because I didn't listen to my players..just a friendly warning

Edited by JAY1HP
thero, Skittles, Cliff. and 12 others like this
5 minutes ago, JAY1HP said:

there is way more things to do as far as making money, illegal and legal the map is distributed very evenly, where every part of the map is used actively..

there is more rebels, including "Warzone Rebel" which is east arms, and they sell Olympus version of a mini defib.."Epi Pen" which revives your teammate and they have a "dopamine" timer, so you must either get healed by a medic or go to a hospital..currently they are releasing a longer timer, or defib? not 100%

loadouts & vehicles are much cheaper , as it is much easier to make money, you can get an orca and a turtle backpack and make around 500k in one meth run....., (two loadouts for fighting) in relatively 20-25 minutes, where as it takes quite a bit of work to make that on Asylum as the cops check drug areas 24/7 and there is no timer or wave rules to return, as for Olympus there is

an orca costs around 500k i think and once you put the 150k insurance on it, it's 150k each time you lose it with insurance..

that's 50k asylum for an orca, then 15k each time you crash it basically..but asylum orcas used to be 120-200k, which is 2million relatively olympus money...(fucking joke) literally thats 7-8 dollars $$ us for one vehicle, if i bought that on olympus you could get around 7-9 loadouts , or loadouts, heli, ifrit, all in one..the groups have no cap limit, there will literally be 3-4 gangs with 10-20 people each fighting for hours on end and there is not one single bit of lag you can claim ifrits you win at fights, they have gang sheds... 

THERE IS NO FREEZERS AT THE CARTEL..if you own it, the money goes into your gang bank

honestly the logic behind the freezers at the moment is broken..the admins don't see it how rebels do because they don't get on the server & go cap it..there is honestly no reason to get the cartel unless the freezer is full with 100k..so people dont even bother half the time..yeah let me go sit at the cartel for 30 minutes...then wait 30mins-1hour or however long it is for the money to fill up, fly my orca to the cartel...server kicks you off, you lose your orca & all the freezers are reset...and then when you finally do get there without getting kicked, there is some guy there with a fucking rook and kills you when you take the money , they even made it where you can't put it in your vehicle anymore back then! what a joke! people can watch you take the money out and wait at rebel..Mass kicks started happening...you'd think we'd be rewarded for dealing with it so calmly and trusting the process..but no, they nerf the firearm factory, making it where you need salt..they nerf drug running..they nerf scotch where you have to refresh your crates, they raise taxes on ifrits, orcas and if i'm not mistaken guns, they nerf panagia gun crafting & also nerf orca crafting...literally the only way to make money is doing meth..which is usually camped, or cops showing up every 10 minutes, all the bitching and moaning about everyone on server 5 when there is literally barely any ways to make fucking money anymore and they wonder why everyone just went there to make money?..

they have blackwater..where you can get DMS scope, mar10,tons more and attachments, csats, armed quillin, striders, hunters, armed blackhawk..and you can sell these to other player or keep them

they have a war point shop , selling csats(you cannot donate for them by the way)

honestly im tired of naming things because the list goes on that they have that Asylum doesn't because it's honestly frustrating, we've all been so loyal to Asylum, we've all introduced so many ideas, they are  just all shut down...i mean server 2 was down for ages and there was no warning or post about it..we literally had to find out from a gyazo of a discord chat...(lul) 

Asylum needs to hire a coder at this point..They definitely have the money..If Paratus actually gave a flying fuck about the thousands of people who donated to Asylum and donated to his new game he would do something about all this..Literally we are the sole reason he has all that money, must be nice..It's time for the staff to take a step back, admit the server is failing, do something about server 2 & 3..literally people have worked to get houses and setups on there for years...and you just take it away like it's nothing..."Ahh they will be alright, they'll adjust.." that's like taking your code for idenity paratus that you worked on for years and just deleting it...I don't think you'd like that very much...I owned several arma 2 overpoch servers that were semi-successful i earned around $7500 dollars in donations in the first 6 months, I tried to expand and did things my way and ignored my community...long story short it died because I didn't listen to my players..just a friendly warning

@Gnashes @bamf  @KBW plz look at this  

This is how alot of us fucking feel and your letting this community die. I've played on Olympus its over all a better server that is smooth as fuck with  barely any lag and a shit load of things to do. But it doesn't feel the same as asylum once did for me. There used to be times were id stay up all night because i was having so much fun on asylum but because of the server stability along with pretty much everything @JAY1HP said in his post i might hop on every now and then to play cop. You guys have a chance to fix this its not to late dont fuck it up and if that doesnt piss you off this is what the  competition thinks of the dev team. Frankly that alone would make me want to do something (to bad i dont know how to code xd)

baaf27bcd21c27ac0b7f87715d8b5727.png

X Jake likes this
17 hours ago, Fidel C4str0 said:

Bad / corrupt staff, friend circle staff, shit cop force (worse than asylum).

Admins go FUCKING INVISIBLE AND WATCH YOU AND BAN YOU IF THEY "THINK" YOU BROKE A RULE.

AND THE ONLY WAY, TO FUCKING APPEAL, IS ON THEIR GODDAMN TIME. IT TAKES FUCKING FOREVER.

that feel when you are complaining about staff but in reality you are a global banned retard

889fcb42baf5f3810a7823951bb97333.png

3e3e2187f74180ad6a5ee43509374638.png

c7a899bf02db6d7390fcae7a1690a2c5.png

21d36fd06a71e83a44e2d4d38c18eca0.png

017fd71ab42a9d177eb04b71cc9513b2.png

cc4c9db105ba4edf9e346e890ef116d9.png

23b4a465303bfba0fb7e538aced9c213.png

25b98d58b3781af2366407419579fa3b.png

@bamf @Gnashes @Clint Beastwood

Edited by TheRealLethal
Just now, TheRealLethal said:

that feel when you are complaining about staff but in reality you are a global banned retard

889fcb42baf5f3810a7823951bb97333.png

3e3e2187f74180ad6a5ee43509374638.png

c7a899bf02db6d7390fcae7a1690a2c5.png

21d36fd06a71e83a44e2d4d38c18eca0.png

017fd71ab42a9d177eb04b71cc9513b2.png

cc4c9db105ba4edf9e346e890ef116d9.png

23b4a465303bfba0fb7e538aced9c213.png

25b98d58b3781af2366407419579fa3b.png

@bamf @Gnashes @Clint Beastwood

definitely global banned? not sure how I play when I'm global banned. I didn't take the time to read any of your post because I sincerely, do not give any fuck.

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198096224586/

I mean I cant even log into that account but i'm global banned on it. last I played on that account was on fivem. all I played was arma so I gave it away considering it has 50 some odd games. ur points invalid considering that I don't have access to the acc smh.

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198200037478/

my actual account, I switched to before that account got global banned. idek how the fuck cheats work, how to load them, any of that. especially in arma o3o

:frog:

3 hours ago, JAY1HP said:

Preach it man!!! A great read for everyone

Just now, TheRealLethal said:

I do have to say nice work but plz don't get this thread locked <3 I think it is very eye opening for a lot of people who have never played Olympus.. and like me have been so loyal to Asylum for so long in this false state of thinking it is still the highest quality Altis Life server.

1 hour ago, Fidel C4str0 said:

definitely global banned? not sure how I play when I'm global banned. I didn't take the time to read any of your post because I sincerely, do not give any fuck.

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198096224586/

I mean I cant even log into that account but i'm global banned on it. last I played on that account was on fivem. all I played was arma so I gave it away considering it has 50 some odd games. ur points invalid considering that I don't have access to the acc smh.

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198200037478/

my actual account, I switched to before that account got global banned. idek how the fuck cheats work, how to load them, any of that. especially in arma o3o

:frog:

Marcus, report to the principals office immediately. 

Kitui, DosWolf, massi and 2 others like this
On 12/14/2017 at 8:31 PM, Haych said:

Asylum has always been the better server with much better players. The only reason a wave of Asylum players moved over was because you couldn't get a decent fight on Asylum without dying to a 12 gauge shotty, this then lead to more and more people picking Olympus over Asylum.

Olympus Staff team is beyond retarded, but the Devs add things the community wants, they add things our community has been wanting and the most important thing is the Olympus Economy. It shits all over Asylums. Making money is way more enjoyable on Olympus than it is on Asylum. Getting a squad of 15, running large trucks and helicopters worth of shit without fucked over by a shitty dynamic market is nice. You can make money and fight for days, on Asylum people just preferred buying money and fighting because grinding a hour for 2 load-outs isn't fun, or having to constantly make money because of a money cap gets pretty old pretty quick as well.

I wouldn't even call the market dynamic. It can't go up past a certain amount it can only go down which is the biggest flaw in it. Its nice in theory but they needed to make ways where the prices could also go up but if that was done it could probably be exploited. So unless that can be done the market should honestly be reverted. 

Haych and massi like this
  • 2 weeks later...

Olympus has white listed medics instead of some kid who bought the game 2 hours ago and doesn't know how to walk and revive you that asylum has. And Olympus doesn't have medics which their main goal is to steal your money and lock picks off of your dead body and proceed to lock pick your car and then revive you just to drive away in your car and message you 5 minutes later to say, "Wire me $10,000 or in going to chop. Then they take 4 and a half minutes just to revive you when you are dead 50 meters away in a fuel leaking hatchback that some quad bike Vdmer intentionally swerving and ramming your car causing you to die.

On 12/14/2017 at 4:41 PM, Treeontyn said:

Just pointing out been on Asylum for almost 3 years now. I have never really played Olympus since I had biased towards Asylum being 10000x better and frankly just not wanting to start from scratch again. Last night I checked their severs and all 3 were full at 111 players. On a Wednesday night that is pretty impressive compared to what we have been getting lately.

I guess where I'm getting at is for any of you who have played Olympus or do currently... What are some things that make it better, or on the other end worse than Asylum.

the server dosent take a shit on itself every 5 minute, gang life is insane just go onto war zone penisula and get youself a fight just like that, thats just a few things they do better

On 12/30/2017 at 7:30 PM, 3agle said:

Asylum owners prob too busy dealing with the new Identity game... It took their focus off the server many of us have enjoyed a lot but is now receiving little effort to be fixed or updated. PLZ SEND HELP!!!

the server devs dont work on identity(i dont think)

On 12/30/2017 at 6:30 PM, 3agle said:

Asylum owners prob too busy dealing with the new Identity game... It took their focus off the server many of us have enjoyed a lot but is now receiving little effort to be fixed or updated. PLZ SEND HELP!!!

6 hours ago, childish gambino said:

the server devs dont work on identity(i dont think)

• 8 months later...