Start Patreon For Asylum

Servers have been going down. Server 2 has disappeared and server 3 is reduced to a runoff server. People who have devoted good time into buying houses and gear on these servers are disgruntled including myself being as my home (server 3) is not up all the time anymore. If it is an issue of money, Patreon could be a plausible solution to keep all servers online. 

If one does not already exist, start a YouTube channel for Asylum. Post short update videos and whatnot. Have a Patreon linked to pay for the servers. If YouTube is optional, then you do not even need to put in effort to create a YouTube channel, just start a Patreon. Run little adverts for Patreon on the servers and have a part of the website/forums devoted to it. Hell, many players including myself are willing to contribute small monthly amounts. 

If the issue is staff or lack there of, consider revamping staff. I don't want Asylum to die and neither do its hundreds of players.

I realize these forums and the servers have reverted to a shit-posting competition, but for the sake of the game we devote so much time to, please take this seriously.

Edited by Scipio Africanus

Not a money related issue, servers are paid monthly whether in use or not. Wouldn't waste your time complaining on the forums, quite obvious the devs aren't listening. Timely updates and new content would fix all the issues with asylum but devs can't be bothered. They take the easy route and kill 2 servers so they don't have to do anything

Edited by iBacon

i kinda feel bad for the devs tbh, whenever i see one hop on the forums i know they're gunna see the community shit talking them. Realistically speaking they can't give us the world but I appreciate what they've done so far. A patreon and everything like that I'm sure would help fund whatever they might have but I don't think its a solution. 

If the community stopped dogging on them, and they immediately got back to heavy work on promoting and updating, we would be saved but idk at this point. :( 

DankBud likes this
  • 4 weeks later...
On 16/12/2017 at 5:30 AM, Sandwich said:

i kinda feel bad for the devs tbh, whenever i see one hop on the forums i know they're gunna see the community shit talking them. Realistically speaking they can't give us the world but I appreciate what they've done so far. A patreon and everything like that I'm sure would help fund whatever they might have but I don't think its a solution. 

If the community stopped dogging on them, and they immediately got back to heavy work on promoting and updating, we would be saved but idk at this point. :( 

Well said mate.

On 12/16/2017 at 0:30 AM, Sandwich said:

Pretty fucking true...Bamf is making headway with recent performance patches an such,its not like he's not trying ...the community needs to change there attitude slightly imo an be more productive other then +1 add it or no neck your self..Bamf made a post a bit back on how to properly make a thread regarding a format to show admins in detail on your idea...it may go unsaid for a while or something but they cant read your brain from a few words or sentences you post,then you gotta keep in mind what is it going to effect,pros and cons..off the bat  you can think of a few,but until it is put in the game an played out for a bit(exploits,bugs,cheeky fuckers trolling) you wont know how to fix it or tweak it till those things come up..... sandwhich this isnt directed to you at all,just in general.