slightly annoyed non interveiwee

joshmick121

me and a least 2 other people have spent hours upon hours waiting for interviews.... and I mean hours 6 yesterday and almost as many today... and it isn't a lack of people on.... at the time of this post there are a least 5 that are qualified to do the interviews...... and it has been similar for most of the time ive spent on this server too... we aren't supposed to message anyone or do anything about it but this is crazy..... we shouldn't have to wait for this amount of time with this many qualified people on..... its been the same 3 people in here the last 2 days so why are none of us getting helped..... I mean I love playing the game and I would love to play both sides of this server and its a pain to not be able to and having to wait this outrageous amount of time

Just now, joshmick121 said:

me and a least 2 other people have spent hours upon hours waiting for interviews.... and I mean hours 6 yesterday and almost as many today... and it isn't a lack of people on.... at the time of this post there are a least 5 that are qualified to do the interviews...... and it has been similar for most of the time ive spent on this server too... we aren't supposed to message anyone or do anything about it but this is crazy..... we shouldn't have to wait for this amount of time with this many qualified people on..... its been the same 3 people in here the last 2 days so why are none of us getting helped..... I mean I love playing the game and I would love to play both sides of this server and its a pain to not be able to and having to wait this outrageous amount of time

f1ee51ce69ecbe36627ea3a6abc4585c.png

I get how you feel and its not that anyone doesn't care or chose to ignore you

Hear me out on this:

- I don't know if you are in college, have gone to college, e.t.c  -> but right now its finals time for school. Most people are knee deep in finals and are either studying their ass off or they are trying to relax inbetween all this crazyness and make it through the semester.

- There's a lot of people who are actually traveling and put in absence requests for the holidays so they can go meet up with their families. They may be in teamspeak because they wanted someone to talk to on a long train ride or waiting for a plane. Hell they may even be at there families house and only have access to a phone which is why they are on the forums or TS but can;t really help you.

- They may be afk in the cop channels. A lot of people use asylum's teamspeak as a hang out spot and tend to go to work without remembering to turn it on mute or leave.

Dont be discouraged - try to hang in there as much as you can / message a few people and get something to stir. Be patient and when you do become a cop it will be well worth it

Sandwich likes this

There are a total of 20 LT's. There are a total of close to 2000 officers in the APD. The amount of people waiting in those channels for an interview per month is a lot more than you imagine. Less than before but is still a lot. We have our requirements per month to do these, but keep in mind that doing interviews for the APD isn't the only thing we do in our lives. Hell I waited 4 days for an interview a while back. It's just a question of being patient and being there at the right time. I know it sucks, but put yourself in our situation.

Thank you.

Edited by Maxime
Sandwich likes this

Hey what's up @joshmick121! I'm most likely one of the LTs you've seen hang around in the Senior chambers. As of right now I'm on something called an Absence Request, meaning I don't need to fulfill my activities for the month due to <insert AR reason here>. So if I was to do your interview it would be pointless for me and take away from others who could interview you and actually make use of that as an activity. 

As for the other LTs you 're seeing, they might just have already done their daily quota. This doesn't mean they CANT do your interview, but they don't NEED to. Best thing you can do in situations like this is wait. Most of us, including myself have experienced long wait times back in the day so we know what you're feeling. As much as you might see it somewhat fit to use the forums as an outlet to let your angers on the matter out, it won't help your case and might actually cause your future interview to be delayed more (some peeps in this community are dicks LOL).

But best of luck to you :) 

Edited by Sandwich
JaxxonMurphy and Bherky like this
3 hours ago, joshmick121 said:

thanks for all the feed back guys and upon rereading my post I realise I was irritated among other things and was just meant to be asking why it took so long and ended up coming off way worse then intended. I didn't mean to bash any of the police and I realise it probably gets busy my main complaint was honestly the hours and less so the days.... I was more annoyed at myself for wasting time (not implying that it is a waste of time) watching the channel to make sure I didn't dc instead of actually playing the game or something else that could have been more productive

Sandwich likes this