Please. Can we just have one damn server that works?

You do realize they have a damn near open door policy right? They are literally asking for contributors, the people you say that can "move in and fill the position" clearly aren't here as I am sure we would have heard about them. I am not here to argue, simply point out what is written on the wall in front of you and link you this thread which has been here for ages.

Edited by <Jake>
Sandwich and ItsLego like this
Just now, <Jake> said:

You do realize they have a damn near open door policy right? They are literally asking for contributors, the people you say that can "move in and fill the position" clearly aren't here as I am sure we would have heard about them. I am not here to argue, simply point out what is written on the wall in front of you and link you this thread which has been here for ages.

you could think that but ive heard lots of people tell me they messaged bamf about that thread and he said he'll get back to them but he never did...

Just now, Kevingreen23 said:

you could think that but ive heard lots of people tell me they messaged bamf about that thread and he said he'll get back to them but he never did...

I can vouch for this too @<Jake>. I've seen about 6-7 people publically post they offered assistence but were denied in some way or another. There's probably reasons to why that was the case, but there's definitely people in the community that have offered help :( 

Edited by Sandwich
FrankieMHC and Kev 23 like this
Just now, said:

"Literally asking for contributors" but also literally accepting only one contributor.

It's well known that others have reached out and have been ignored.

Truth of the matter is the servers in general are hosted on a fucking toaster + there is no move from developers whatsoever to establish a connection with the community, therefore effectively dwindling the active population of said community. Whole thread posted above is PR bullshit, got people excited for literally nothing. All we have is a texture artist that makes nice skins locked behind $250 donor perks. 250 dollar donor perks that the entire population of the servers couldn't care less about because who in their right mind is going to support Asylum in it's current state? Maybe if the servers were upgraded from toasters to toaster ovens, there was developer-community interaction, and there were updates both in the informative and technical form... maybe people would start to come back.

As of right now literally nothing is going to happen despite any amount of bitching. The development team doesn't give a fuck and Paratus is too busy posting pictures of bicycles and hats on twitter every other year as proof of "development" of a game that won't see the light of day until I'm well into my eighties.

The end of these servers is approaching quickly, even more quickly when you factor in the "developers" ignorance to these problems.

Edited by explicit
Just now, explicit said:

"Literally asking for contributors" but also literally accepting only one contributor.

It's well known that others have reached out and have been ignored.

Truth of the matter is the servers in general are hosted on a fucking toaster + there is no move from developers whatsoever to establish a connection with the community, therefore effectively dwindling the active population of said community. Whole thread posted above is PR bullshit, got people excited for literally nothing. All we have is a texture artist that makes nice skins locked behind $250 donor perks. 250 dollar donor perks that the entire population of the servers couldn't care less about because who in their right mind is going to support Asylum in it's current state? Maybe if the servers were upgraded from toasters to toaster ovens, there was developer-community interaction, and there were updates both in the informative and technical form... maybe people would start to come back.

As of right now literally nothing is going to happen despite any amount of bitching. The development team doesn't give a fuck and Paratus is too busy posting pictures of bicycles and hats on twitter every other year as proof of "development" of a game that won't see the light of day until I'm well into my eighties.

The end of these servers is approaching quickly, even more quickly when you factor in the "developers" ignorance to these problems.

Well said Explicit.

FrankieMHC and explicit like this
Just now, <Jake> said:

Basically what everyone has already replied to you about him not actually wanting or getting contributors. I reached out to him about becoming one and the message was looked at but ignored. Sure the only things I have implemented was the police light changes, but I could definitely do more.

That's just one example of doing more. Considering I have a degree in software engineering I could basically do about anything. I've been part of APD senior staff for basically 3 years and have never received any disciplinary action or server bans. Yet I don't even get a reply about contributor. 

Just now, Destrah said:

Basically what everyone has already replied to you about him not actually wanting or getting contributors. I reached out to him about becoming one and the message was looked at but ignored. Sure the only things I have implemented was the police light changes, but I could definitely do more.

That's just one example of doing more. Considering I have a degree in software engineering I could basically do about anything. I've been part of APD senior staff for basically 3 years and have never received any disciplinary action or server bans. Yet I don't even get a reply about contributor. 

I apologize that you were not responded to. Although it's not in my scope of responsibilities. I appreciate what you have done and show cased. If you would be willing. Could you send me a PM of what you had said prior. If you are still interested,  I will advocate on your behalf to get you heard!

BigPapaQ, Donald, Destrah and 6 others like this
Just now, FoBi3s said:

its outraged at this point. its no longer BE kick problem but yellow chains and lag problem follow with mass kick. 

It's worse then it was if anything. It would lag before with the BE kicks as well. Everything is fucked up and it's not getting fixed. Within a few weeks or less, Olympus will add in defibs and Asylum will lose whatever population it has left. 

Someone has to pull their shit together.

FrankieMHC likes this
Just now, said:

Except what you don't realize is there is MANY members of the community good with SQF, and other sources of editing / code that have been sent away. There is multitudes of people who have designed content and been ignored and denied for reasons outside of my knowledge.

I could literally log in the gaming asylum ts and point out atleast 3 people who make content for arma that haven't been used or 3 people who have offered to help code who do it for a living.

Fuck I could throw a dart at a board full of names from asylum and I gaurentee it hits someone who's good with Photoshop / Graphics / Skin Editing

Edited by Sugarfoot
Heidelberg, Walt, Google™ and 6 others like this

I just gave up and I now play on Olympus, servers don't crash as much and there is a higher pop. not as good scripts or w/e but at least I can play the game. would much prefer to play asylum though but its just grinding my gears for the reasons u stated above @RoguePilot.

Edited by Alec-I
Steve, John Lemmon, Bherky and 3 others like this
1 hour ago, Mitch (IFRIT) said:

I apologize that you were not responded to. Although it's not in my scope of responsibilities. I appreciate what you have done and show cased. If you would be willing. Could you send me a PM of what you had said prior. If you are still interested,  I will advocate on your behalf to get you heard!

mitch hard at work to save asylum <3

Edited by Valkyrie
Walt, Sandwich, Kitui and 1 other like this
Just now, Alec-I said:

I just gave up and I now play on Olympus, servers don't crash as much and there is a higher pop. not as good scripts or w/e but at least I can play the game. would much prefer to play asylum though but its just grinding my gears for the reasons u stated above @RoguePilot.

Agree With alec here, Although what is really annoying that you give a job for  paratus to code something that is completely irrelevant and doesnt help asylum what so ever, if anything having paratus come up with an idea and time to code it just like STRIFE which was a huge success in terms of popularity, but this time needs to be well spent into something that will catch the community's attention in terms of the LIFE side.

FrankieMHC, Steve and Walt like this
5 hours ago, Destrah said:

Little things like this is what we need. Sadly, I don't see this happening. Thanks Destrah for for demonstration, you could do wonders for Asylum.

FrankieMHC likes this

I will admit after taking a 7 month break and returning a few weeks ago, I was rather disappointed to see the server(s) population so low. When the FSA has gone to the wayside, I know we are in trouble. Hopefully Asylum will return to it's previous greatness soon. #Pre6.0.

I’m not sure that they understand that we complain because we love asylum and we want it to change, not just to complain. I know that most of us still would love to play a working and fun asylum. People aren’t going to Olympus because it’s a better server, they’re going there because they can play without having to make a comp request and start over on what you were doing every 15 minutes. 

Steve, Kev 23, Haych and 4 others like this
On 12/16/2017 at 4:43 AM, Mitch (IFRIT) said:

yeah right mitch like you have any authority and your opinion means shit around here! you fuckin' rode dicks to get to the position you're in and what do you have to show for it?! never took a leap of faith, never contributed anything that made a positive change in the community! and never was willing to go out on a limb and give it all you got!!! what is within your scope of responsibility? fuckin' jackshit! you cant manage a community , let alone properly regulate it and script new algorithms to better avoid desync, lag, cross code errors!

we also have admin whom lack any sort of knowledge on how to interact with the community members outside of their immediate inner circle, bamf will ignore contribution requests in order to keep his power and control over minions like you! its a hierarchy and what a threat it would pose if a more admirable set of characters who actually knew what they were doing stepped in!!!

more people are actively playing Arma III than there were 4 months ago yet asylum has lost the majority of its population and is looking bad in the server market! everyone is spotting the bologna and cheese sandwich some manipulative fucks have tried to pass as a steak dinner!  

learn to treat the environment as fit for the positions you are in not a fuckin' playground, your days are numbered and any cash you have stored will dwindle! make sure you do something worthwhile with the next endeavor you may have , as i predict it may be necessary for you to find some other way to occupy yourself

Edit: 12/18/ 17   12:34 AM (upon further review i realize that this post was hostile and unethical and did not properly tackle any problems at hand although many truths were stated)

Edited by FrankieMHC