Change log 8.0.6

bamf

Just now, Bikstok said:

The gear wouldn't be stored in the server's memory at all times. Rather the server would make a request to the database (similar to when you use your garage). In my opinion the devs should be looking to optimize the cleanup script. Remove crates when nobody has accessed them for 10 minutes. Make sure Y-inventory actually despawns. Possibly add a separate database for each server with data that isn't shared between servers like houses, gangs, cartel money etc. I'm sure there's a ton of stuff you could do to optimize server performance (rework cartels), but we wouldn't know as we don't have access to the code..

That does make a lot of sense. Having separate databases could be a huge part of Asylums issue. The crate removal feature would be really helpful too I'm sure. I just wonder how difficult that would be to do. 

Since you mentioned cartels, I noticed if multiple are left contested for a long period of time it feels like the lag is worse. I think it was you that mentioned the cartel script is inefficient because it checks every minute to see if a player is in the area. Perhaps it would be best for the script to run only upon a player entering the cartel. and close once it is capped or if it does not go up or down for 10 minutes. Maybe this could also be worked into the cleanup script or something like it.

@bamf What do you think?

Edited by Steve

We're about to apply hotfix 2.  @Gnashes did a fairly substantial re-write of how the wanted system works this morning in an effort to optimize that piece a ton.  Could have decent implications on performance overall, so we're going to push it out here shortly.  I'm holding off on bringing up S2 and S3 until we can get this done since we'd be taking them down again in the next few minutes.  

I'll post full notes once I know for sure we're pushing this out live.  

Just now, bamf said:

We're about to apply hotfix 2.  @Gnashes did a fairly substantial re-write of how the wanted system works this morning in an effort to optimize that piece a ton.  Could have decent implications on performance overall, so we're going to push it out here shortly.  I'm holding off on bringing up S2 and S3 until we can get this done since we'd be taking them down again in the next few minutes.  

I'll post full notes once I know for sure we're pushing this out live.  

S2 ETA? 

Hotfix 2:

• The wanted system has been re-written in game to be more optimized.  We hope this will help with overall network traffic sent to and from the server to each client.  
  • You should be able to execute players near the bank while it is being robbed
  • The ability to use protest signs are removed (for now)
  • A few other miscellaneous bug fixes
  • Undercover LTs now have access to copious amounts of spraypaint for their weapons
  • The scrollwheel action for adding/removing an IR laser for LTs should be more reliable

Let an admin/dev know if something seems off in the wanted system.  We have made major changes to this system with this hotfix.  

Just now, DosWolf said:

I mean it is almost pointless when we have cops and also everyone with high bounties End Missions and Combat Logs now thanks to it being a less harsh ba

Watchu mean homie??
Gnashes made a script specifically to prevent that from happening, and you know what, haven't seen a CL since.

smellypig and massi like this
30 minutes ago, bamf said:

Hotfix 2:

• The wanted system has been re-written in game to be more optimized.  We hope this will help with overall network traffic sent to and from the server to each client.

Let an admin/dev know if something seems off in the wanted system.  We have made major changes to this system with this hotfix.  

Slowly but surely! Keep up the good work.

•JiM• likes this

@bamf @Gnashes First off Merry Christmas boys.

Secondly; when you have time after your holidays with family, a potential minor thing that could be fixed.

If you craft xx amount of ifrits / orcas @ blackmarket it will take your items to craft said vehicle; but once all spawn points are filled, you won't get keys to vehicle & lose money + materials, so idea being add more spawns / make it to where it won't let you craft because all spawn points are filled.

Thanks in advance!