Change log 8.0.6

bamf

Just now, boomheadshot69 said:

since the last patch anytime im on parole i still got bounty  hunters capturing me and sending me to jail for the full amount of  time and bounty. did something break? 3 times ive been on parole recently yet sent to jail and had 45 min timers with the full ticket price to pay for bail ???

Breaking parole is a full, 45-minute jail sentence, and I do not think you can lower the bail as well.

I'm assuming the bounty hunters caught you when you broke parole?

Edited by Joe (StealthProxy)
Just now, boomheadshot69 said:

since the last patch anytime im on parole i still got bounty  hunters capturing me and sending me to jail for the full amount of  time and bounty. did something break? 3 times ive been on parole recently yet sent to jail and had 45 min timers with the full ticket price to pay for bail ???

Whenever you are given a ticket, given parole, or pardoned make sure you sync and stay on the server for a few minutes before disconnecting. They only time what you described has happened to me is when I immediately disconnect after taking parole or paid a ticket. If you switch servers after being ticketed I can almost gaurentee you will still have your bounty and it will show up for everyone but you. Not since the last patch either, it's always been the case.

Just now, tryhardsqueaker said:

Whenever you are given a ticket, given parole, or pardoned make sure you sync and stay on the server for a few minutes before disconnecting. They only time what you described has happened to me is when I immediately disconnect after taking parole or paid a ticket. If you switch servers after being ticketed I can almost gaurentee you will still have your bounty and it will show up for everyone but you. Not since the last patch either, it's always been the case.

this was after i had been on parole for at least 30 mins, i know about if you log off too soon. and no i did not break parole and yes i had synced too. one time i never logged off went with 30 mins of parole and some douche arrests me

@bamf What is the purpose of the 45 minute cooldown on the prison after restart? This only discourages people from doing it. I understand if you wanna give cops time to log on, though 45 minutes is simply excessive in my opinion. 15 or 20 is more then enough. Can this be changed? The same could be said for the fed or the bank. If you based the number of gold bars spawned on purely population less feds would be done towards the end of a restart which is good because now if you try fighting in the second half of a restart the server shits the bed.

Revenant, Kev 23, Space and 1 other like this
Just now, Steve said:

@bamf What is the purpose of the 45 minute cooldown on the prison after restart? This only discourages people from doing it. I understand if you wanna give cops time to log on, though 45 minutes is simply excessive in my opinion. 15 or 20 is more then enough. Can this be changed? The same could be said for the fed or the bank. If you based the number of gold bars spawned on purely population less feds would be done towards the end of a restart which is good because now if you try fighting in the second half of a restart the server shits the bed.

Make it so we dont have to wait until the last 40 minutes of the restart to get a good fed payout too. Have the gold bars/dirty money in bank/fed stay like cartel dirty money. Maybe an app on the phone to see how much is in the bank/fed too? 

@bamf @Gnashes Any chance you can make it so you can buy Hunters and actually use them when you swap back to civ? if not is there reasoning behind it?

edit : Basically I purchased 4 hunters when I swapped to bounty hunter for luls , I swapped back to civ and tried pulling out my hunter I spent 100k each on, and was not able to. Is there a possibility for this to be changed?

Edited by Grizz
Just now, Grizz said:

@bamf @Gnashes Any chance you can make it so you can buy Hunters and actually use them when you swap back to civ? if not is there reasoning behind it?

edit : Basically I purchased 4 hunters when I swapped to bounty hunter for luls , I swapped back to civ and tried pulling out my hunter I spent 100k each on, and was not able to. Is there a possibility for this to be changed?

pretty sure hunters are made for bounty hunters and not for rebels they get their ifrits so i think it's intended for it to be like this.

Walt likes this

Kicking a dead horse at this point, but something is definitely going wrong. The fact majority of the people I've spoken to have actually given up on Asylum for the time being to go to Olympus because its impossible to make any money without the server killing itself is becoming too much. At first it seemed like cartels were the primary cause of server lag, then banks / feds & now I don't even know other than the server hosting or something going wrong in some sort of script that keeps running causing the server to run out of memory ? Maybe the boxes are just kicking the dust? All I'm saying is at this point people don't care about updates or anything because updates don't matter when the servers are actually unplayable ; as we speak I'm filling out a comp request, I believe my third one inside two days with attempting to make money , but it going up in smoke because the servers decide to crash randomly. The report I'm filling out as we speak (uploading youtube video) is purely server lag, we lost one hemmt of meth to "desync" from a vehicle 2km away, the server was on a steady solid yellow chain for roughly 30 minutes prior to me messaging an admin to force restart, upon doing so it throwing the other 3 of us in hemmts full of meth from methlab all the way back to hydrogen fields (north meth lab above athira) with our hemmts despawned, not to mention the server was fully locked up we had 4 other people disconnect because of the lag yet we remained seeing them in Ephedra field until the force restart. Granted this is one instance that I'm mentioning now, but here's a couple other of things to look into, and no shade nor disrespect is intended, but right now Olympus offers something asylum doesn't; stability. Asylum has everything better than Olympus, but what are you supposed to do when you can't make any money , or fight, or pull an ifrit to attempt to push a cartel , or an orca to pick up your people, all of which constantly cause people to lose their shit with no way of replacing it because its "near" impossible to even run money in its current state. We can only imagine what newer people we want to keep to these servers are thinking, "YES! I finally can afford a hemmt box truck after I sell all these processed diamonds!" *No message recieved; Logs back in ; Everythings gone - time wasted* "WTF! Fuck this server!" So if we can't maintain to keep our veteran players who I feel like are the main backbones of this community nor can we keep newer players who will help rebuild what Asylum once was, then whats going to happen? It can only lead us to speculate that its potentially intentional or there's some serious internal issues going on within the dev/admin team. 

We need to start being herd , we need to start digging and figuring out what exactly is going on to continously cause server crashes and instability. If new server hosting (as much as y'all swear up and down its not it, whats it hurt to try) is out of the question purely of expenses , put up a fundraiser / goal; I can am almost positive if you said this is a strong possibility of fixing whats going on , we would come together as a community to start patching up the shitstorm thats brewing into the final blow of Asylum.

P.S : I know you all have lives as well as holidays right now but we seriously need to start getting things going in the right direction to save this community.

Walt, Jesse, Top Kek and 3 others like this
Just now, Grizz said:

Kicking a dead horse at this point, but something is definitely going wrong. The fact majority of the people I've spoken to have actually given up on Asylum for the time being to go to Olympus because its impossible to make any money without the server killing itself is becoming too much. At first it seemed like cartels were the primary cause of server lag, then banks / feds & now I don't even know other than the server hosting or something going wrong in some sort of script that keeps running causing the server to run out of memory ? Maybe the boxes are just kicking the dust? All I'm saying is at this point people don't care about updates or anything because updates don't matter when the servers are actually unplayable ; as we speak I'm filling out a comp request, I believe my third one inside two days with attempting to make money , but it going up in smoke because the servers decide to crash randomly. The report I'm filling out as we speak (uploading youtube video) is purely server lag, we lost one hemmt of meth to "desync" from a vehicle 2km away, the server was on a steady solid yellow chain for roughly 30 minutes prior to me messaging an admin to force restart, upon doing so it throwing the other 3 of us in hemmts full of meth from methlab all the way back to hydrogen fields (north meth lab above athira) with our hemmts despawned, not to mention the server was fully locked up we had 4 other people disconnect because of the lag yet we remained seeing them in Ephedra field until the force restart. Granted this is one instance that I'm mentioning now, but here's a couple other of things to look into, and no shade nor disrespect is intended, but right now Olympus offers something asylum doesn't; stability. Asylum has everything better than Olympus, but what are you supposed to do when you can't make any money , or fight, or pull an ifrit to attempt to push a cartel , or an orca to pick up your people, all of which constantly cause people to lose their shit with no way of replacing it because its "near" impossible to even run money in its current state. We can only imagine what newer people we want to keep to these servers are thinking, "YES! I finally can afford a hemmt box truck after I sell all these processed diamonds!" *No message recieved; Logs back in ; Everythings gone - time wasted* "WTF! Fuck this server!" So if we can't maintain to keep our veteran players who I feel like are the main backbones of this community nor can we keep newer players who will help rebuild what Asylum once was, then whats going to happen? It can only lead us to speculate that its potentially intentional or there's some serious internal issues going on within the dev/admin team. 

We need to start being herd , we need to start digging and figuring out what exactly is going on to continously cause server crashes and instability. If new server hosting (as much as y'all swear up and down its not it, whats it hurt to try) is out of the question purely of expenses , put up a fundraiser / goal; I can am almost positive if you said this is a strong possibility of fixing whats going on , we would come together as a community to start patching up the shitstorm thats brewing into the final blow of Asylum.

P.S : I know you all have lives as well as holidays right now but we seriously need to start getting things going in the right direction to save this community.

You are right bro, I hope something changes. What happened to all the money made from the loot crates? can't we hire a dev with that?

46 minutes ago, Grizz said:

1.) But Bohemia have said the problem is on their end.

2.) Olympus/other communities have issues with crashes so this isn't just an Asylum thing.

3.) The servers we (Paratus/whoever) pay for are fine.

4.) something something we're trying.

Take your pick on what will be said this time. :FeelsBadMan:

BSuzinator likes this
4 hours ago, Grizz said:

TLDR?

I have no time to read a wall of text, holy crap...

Just now, Tusken Raider said:

@Gnashes @bamf could we not bring up server 5 just as the basic altis life mission file with no link to the db and slowly add back features we currently have until you find out what is causing the lag? Might take longer but if we did this when first suggested it’d be done already.

How would you exactly test it? The devs/a few admins running around testing stuff? What about taking admins/volunteers to simply test stuff out. Or would you open the floodgates for anyone to join it and run it like they do 1-4?

Personally, I'd be happy to be a volunteer to test out different things to see if it causes lag/crashing.

Just now, Maaqs said:

How would you exactly test it? The devs/a few admins running around testing stuff? What about taking admins/volunteers to simply test stuff out. Or would you open the floodgates for anyone to join it and run it like they do 1-4?

Personally, I'd be happy to be a volunteer to test out different things to see if it causes lag/crashing.

100 slots no money link to buy / do whatever you want on it then just add feature by feature until it crashes. 

Maaqs likes this
15 hours ago, Maaqs said:

I already tested to see if virtual inventory (y inventory) will cause the server to lag and it does as far as I can tell.

It also doesn't despawn for sometimes 15 or 20 minutes. This could be a huge cause of server lag. It would completely make sense that it causes lag when there is 80+ people on because there is obviously a lot more of it.

3 hours ago, Gnashes said:

If anything, the bank getting moved would be a *good* thing. Same code, less objects.

Perhaps it's something else with this latest patch, but the server's have definitely gone downhill since then. Can't really speak for servers 1-3, but 4 is just awful once the population hits ~80.

BSuzinator likes this