Best wishes to you all.

Terboman

To bad I didn't catch this place in it's peak, I feel like I missed the party to some degree.

Asylum reminds me of another community I spent many of my teen years in. It was not quite as graphically satisfying as ArmA being that it was a text based game. However, it was all about the players. In it's peak you had tons of vibrant and very different personalities all coexisting in a digital world. Two opposing factions constantly at war and real life people taking online personas to fight for fun. I logged in everyday for multiple hours at times. Most of the time I did the exact same activities day in and day out with little variation in results. This went on for years, about 8 to be a little more exact. It wasn't until the community began to shatter that I realised it wasn't the gameplay that kept me around, it was the people. I stuck it out for a long time there, well into my 20's. I watched the player base shrink until it was a shell of it's former glory. All that was left when I finally quit was 30 or so old, jaded players. All we did was bitch about how it used to be and log-in to ruin the fun of anyhow who could still derive some enjoyment from the broken world.

This place was never about the wonky mechanics, scripted activities, or laggy combat. It was just a sandbox for the players to make it as good or bad as they wanted it to be. Unfortunately I think there are more jaded old assholes here than new starry eyed players. Not to say I didn't have any fun, because I did. I think this particular game mode offers something that can't really be gotten anywhere else. It's just a shame I didn't catch the bus earlier.

Happy Holidays and best wishes,

-Mike

massi, BlackShot, Steve and 7 others like this