Failed to start BattlEye Service

Maaqs

Whenever I try booting up Arma 3 today, I get a message telling me that the BattlEye service installation failed.

246c892a3f53e34787d5b9ebf0f182c1.png

When I attempt to log into server 4 (to prompt a <hopeful> install) I get this message

85510dcac69cb5b5d9b6955a89a601c2.png

I tried googling this error 1058 and came up empty-handed. I have tried:

- Uninstall/reinstalling Arma 3

- Changing BEService.exe and BEService_x64.exe to run as administrator

- Deleting the BattlEye folder, verifying my Arma 3 files, and then retrieving the files again.

- Putting BEService/Arma 3 on the exceptions list with my anti-virus.

Anyone have anymore ideas on how to fix this?

http://www.battleye.com/downloads/

Download the latest battle eye and put it into the battleeye folder for Arma 3.

Left-click Arma 3 in Library, go to properties and then local files.

If that doesn't work:

Something on your system prevents the installation/startup of the BE Service, which is required to play on BE-enabled servers. Please ensure that any security software (anti-virus, etc.) running on your system doesn’t block the BE Service (both BEService.exe/BEService_x64.exe in your game’s “BattlEye” directory as well as the entire BE Service directory, which is usually “C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\BattlEye”) in any way. You might have to add it to your security software’s exception list. If that doesn’t help or you don’t use any sort of security software there might be a permission issue with your BE Service directory or the files within it. To solve this delete the BE Service directory (usually “C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\BattlEye”) and then try to launch your game again. If you still get the same error at this point please try to manually set the BE Launcher in your game directory (usually the executable file with “_BE” at the end) to run with administrative privileges (normally this should happen automatically). To do so right-click on the BE Launcher executable, choose “Properties”, go to the “Compatibility” tab, check the “Run this program as an administrator” option and click OK to apply your changes.

If you still can’t get it to work some unknown software running on your system might be blocking BE somehow. If you cannot determine the cause we can only suggest a reinstallation of Windows.

Just now, AlboGravity said:

http://www.battleye.com/downloads/

Download the latest battle eye and put it into the battleeye folder for Arma 3.

Left-click Arma 3 in Library, go to properties and then local files.

If that doesn't work:

Something on your system prevents the installation/startup of the BE Service, which is required to play on BE-enabled servers. Please ensure that any security software (anti-virus, etc.) running on your system doesn’t block the BE Service (both BEService.exe/BEService_x64.exe in your game’s “BattlEye” directory as well as the entire BE Service directory, which is usually “C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\BattlEye”) in any way. You might have to add it to your security software’s exception list. If that doesn’t help or you don’t use any sort of security software there might be a permission issue with your BE Service directory or the files within it. To solve this delete the BE Service directory (usually “C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\BattlEye”) and then try to launch your game again. If you still get the same error at this point please try to manually set the BE Launcher in your game directory (usually the executable file with “_BE” at the end) to run with administrative privileges (normally this should happen automatically). To do so right-click on the BE Launcher executable, choose “Properties”, go to the “Compatibility” tab, check the “Run this program as an administrator” option and click OK to apply your changes.

If you still can’t get it to work some unknown software running on your system might be blocking BE somehow. If you cannot determine the cause we can only suggest a reinstallation of Windows.

I don't think BattlEye provides client downloads like they used to.

I've taken a look around. Try going to your Arma 3 main folder (for me it's "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Arma 3") and deleting your BattlEye folder. Then go to your AppData folder (should be something like "C:\Users\YOUR_USERNAME\AppData\Local\Arma 3") and delete the BattlEye folder there too.

Restart your computer and open Arma 3 again. Hopefully, it will install BattlEye successfully.

Maaqs likes this
Just now, Azeh said:

Delete:
steamapps\common\arma3\battleye
program files(x86)\common files\battleye
appdata\local\arma3\battleye (win key + r then "%appdata%" then go back a folder, click local)

Verify game files and try joining again 

When I attempt to delete commonfiles/arma3 I get:

282b5e8749ec670ab4c9c33fc9a5fce3.png

I can delete the games that were in the folder, but it's an single file named f8285658abb8fa02a71db2406adbd6ae.png

that can't be deleted or touched at all. If I try to delete, it says the file is currently in use (no idea where).

@BlackShot thank you,for the life of me I couldn't remember where appdata was -_- This problem has me like

dcb8ahmmhsxdceckikic.gif

Edited by Maaqs
Just now, Maaqs said:

I can delete the games that were in the folder, but it's an single file named f8285658abb8fa02a71db2406adbd6ae.png

that can't be deleted or touched at all. If I try to delete, it says the file is currently in use (no idea where).

@BlackShot thank you,for the life of me I couldn't remember where appdata was -_- This problem has me like

dcb8ahmmhsxdceckikic.gif

Make sure arma is closed when you try to delte the folder. If that doesn't work, then close steam through the task manager and try again.

Just now, Maaqs said:

Either try restarting your PC like @Sugarfoot mentioned or go to your Task Manager, hit Details and close any Arma3.exe or BattlEye.exe related process.