PC Gaming Headsets

Gatorade

So I finished all my bills for awhile and I was thinking of upgrading my 30$ logitech headset. Id like to stick under the 150$ range unless its something thats fucking nuts like the Astro A50's.

What would you buy?

What do you currently have?

(Anything on sale is a + and I dont have a stand alone mic at the moment so I would pref something with a mic - although if its worth it lmk)

Edited by Sugarfoot

https://www.amazon.com/Sennheiser-HD-579-Open-Headphone/dp/B01L1IIF1K/ref=sr_1_15?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1513817211&sr=1-15&keywords=sennheiser

with mod mic 

fuck the astros, they're SHIT. 

once you switch to a headset made by an actual audio company, you'll never switch back because of how good it sounds and how great they feel on your ears. 

i have the 598s, i can wear them for hours and forget i even have them on. i've stood up numerous times because i forgot i had them on

Edited by 7th Ward Charizard
Kettles likes this
Just now, 7th Ward Charizard said:

https://www.amazon.com/Sennheiser-HD-579-Open-Headphone/dp/B01L1IIF1K/ref=sr_1_15?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1513817211&sr=1-15&keywords=sennheiser

with mod mic 

once you switch to a headset made by an actual audio company, you'll never switch back because of how good it sounds and how great they feel on your ears. 

i have the 598s, i can wear them for hours and forget i even have them on. i've stood up numerous times because i forgot i had them on

I used the 598s for two years before upgrading to a godly pair of 6XXs, the 598s are definitely a great value and are within the range of 130 USD.

I use the Corsair VOID and honestly they are super comfy. The ear cups are made of the same material as the Astros ear cups. They do have a weird look to them but honestly you dont notice it cause its on your head obviously but also a huge plus is it does have a EQ system in the corsair utility engine so you can fine tune the sound to your liking also its dolbe 7.1 surround sound that is toggle able to be stereo if you like stereo more

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/corsair-void-usb-gaming-headset-black/4455800.p?skuId=4455800

void_pro_wireless_carbon_01.png

Just now, 7th Ward Charizard said:

with mod mic 

I really was thinking about getting something like thaat, but someone told me open headphones are weird. Whats that like?

Just now, Valerios said:

I have HyperX Cloud 2 Headset and its pretty nice so far.. around 100$~ ?

https://www.amazon.com/HyperX-Gaming-Headset-Nintendo-Switch/dp/B00SAYCXWG

I was thinking about that but Rugged told me the microphone was shit and the reviews matched it

Just now, Rodrigo said:

square_list_zoom_G4ME-ZERO-black-Shoot-0

Try this out Sugarfoot, fucking lovely

It's the Sennheiser Game Zero

I thought aabout getting those, do you have them?

Just now, Erron White said:

I use the Corsair VOID and honestly they are super comfy. The ear cups are made of the same material as the Astros ear cups. They do have a weird look to them but honestly you dont notice it cause its on your head obviously but also a huge plus is it does have a EQ system in the corsair utility engine so you can fine tune the sound to your liking also its dolbe 7.1 surround sound that is toggle able to be stereo if you like stereo more

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/corsair-void-usb-gaming-headset-black/4455800.p?skuId=4455800

void_pro_wireless_carbon_01.png

Bought the void pro's 2 weeks ago and mic was fucking awful. Returned i t the same day it arrived. Corsair Void Pro wireless

Just now, Sugarfoot said:

I really was thinking about getting something like thaat, but someone told me open headphones are weird. Whats that like?

I was thinking about that but Rugged told me the microphone was shit and the reviews matched it

I thought aabout getting those, do you have them?

Bought the void pro's 2 weeks ago and mic was fucking awful. Returned i t the same day it arrived. Corsair Void Pro wireless

The super short version: closed headphones isolate you from the noise around you (and keep others from hearing your music), while open headphones usually produce better sound—but at the expense of sound passing through the cups. Which kind you want depends on where you're using them, and how much you need to isolate your music from the world (and vice-versa).

Open back headphones are shit, you can literally hear yourself jerking off and its annoying.

I've had two sets of astro 40's and the only reason i bought my second pair is because i wore out the padding after 3 years. The headphones them self still work perfectly.

Highly Recommended, and I don't have the mixamp just the straight pc version and they work perfectly fine. Only spend about $150 for the headphones that will last you forever and they work perfectly.

Mic didn't sound too bad either but I have a yeti so I can't come show you how they sound. 

Gatorade likes this
Just now, Wubz said:

Open back headphones are shit, you can literally hear yourself jerking off and its annoying.

I've had two sets of astro 40's and the only reason i bought my second pair is because i wore out the padding after 3 years. The headphones them self still work perfectly.

Highly Recommended, and I don't have the mixamp just the straight pc version and they work perfectly fine. Only spend about $150 for the headphones that will last you forever and they work perfectly.

Mic didn't sound too bad either but I have a yeti so I can't come show you how they sound. 

There just about the price of a50's right now unless you see them somewhere cheaper that I dont

Just now, BlackShot said:

Especially if you need a decent mic:

https://steelseries.com/gaming-headsets/arctis-5

71vhL-apqfL._SY450_.jpg

And yes, this is the one I currently own. You have the option to go wireless too with the Arctis 7, but that's just about your preference (and if you wanna spend 50 extra bucks).

The audio isolation is good, although it's not as good as their previous version - the Siberia 650. But it's very customizable too, and if your main use is for PC it's a hell of a headset. First gaming headset I own that has a good, loud and clear microphone. Worth the cost/benefit in my opinion.

3 minutes ago, Sugarfoot said:

What the fuck why is that 250$ everywhere else

Just figured it out, thats because that version doesn't come with a MixAmp. Not sure much about that or whether or not its worth doubling the price of a headset for

I have a friend with the mixamp, and i dont see any use of it for pc.

I don't have it and im perfectly fine.