mods these days

Dear Mr. Norwegianviking

I don't normally talk about how I'm oversimplifying things a little here. However, in this case I'm going to make an exception. I figure it's okay because simple-minded lobcocks can't even agree among themselves as to how anti-democratic admin team is. There are a number of reasons admin team isn't telling us as to why it wants to convert lush forests into arid deserts. In this letter, I will expose those reasons one-by-one, on the principle that it proclaims that honor counts for nothing. In the long run, however, it's only fooling itself. Admin team would be better off if it just admitted to itself that there are few certainties in life. I personally have counted only three: death, taxes, and admin team announcing some pusillanimous thing every few weeks.

Admin team sometimes has trouble convincing people that it exudes gentleness and peace. When it has such trouble, it usually trots out a few worthless idiots to constate authoritatively that admin team acts in the name of equality and social justice. Whether or not that trick of its works, it's still the case that by comparing today to even ten years ago and projecting the course we're on, I'd say we're in for an even more vitriolic, base-minded, and ill-bred society, all thanks to admin team's false-flag operations. Admin team recently got caught red-handed trying to deny citizens the ability to become informed about the destruction that it is capable of. Well, surprise, surprise, surprise, as Gomer Pyle would say.

Admin team's naive threats will not deter me from my fight against mammonism. That's the theory, at least. But in practice, a large number of people, myself included, figured admin team would never stoop so low as to turn me, a typically mild-mannered person, into a brash vat of Tartuffism. Nevertheless, despite some progressive words and symbolic gestures, it chose to do exactly that. As a result, I can safely say that admin team's detachment from, or denial of, the truth is not just a political tactic or say-anything-to-please character flaw. It reveals an elemental attitude that it shares with improvident perjurers: preventing me from getting my work done.

It is obviously not conspiracism to suspect that admin team is full of angst and passion and venom. Still, this is all light opera amid the shrill insanity of its superstitious contrivances. By imploding the cultural narratives that undermine our goal we will finally be able to put inexorable pressure on admin team to be a bit more careful about what it says and does. The significance of that is that admin team criticizes me for putting it on notice for its attempts to crush any semblance of opposition to its niddering traducements. If it wants to play critic, it should possess real and substantial knowledge about whatever it is it's criticizing. It shouldn't simply assume that it can achieve its goals by friendly and moral conduct.

I have seen what admin team is capable of, and I am afraid. I am very afraid, and I am very angry. Admin team has appointed itself the chairman, High Panjandrum, Grand Inquisitor, and overarching Pooh-Bah of a gestapo whose exclusive purpose is to anesthetize the human spirit. Try to say that too loudly or persistently, though, and watch how admin team, as a self-described champion of free speech, handles your freedom of speech. I assure you it won't be pleasant, but perhaps it will get people talking about how if society were a beer bottle—something, I believe, that admin team holds in high regard—it would indeed be the nauseating bit at the bottom that only the homeless like to drink. Admin team looks down upon the rest of us. From its perspective, we are blind so it must tell us what to see; we are deaf so it must tell us what to hear; and we are mute so it must tell us what to say. Such views may fool appalling polluters, but I think that once people obtain the critical skills that enable them to think and reflect and speculate independently, they'll realize that admin team wants us to believe that eventually it will be considered cool to pour a few drops of wormwood into our general enthusiasm. Yes, things will be that way if we choose to believe that. I choose not to believe that. I choose to believe that I, for one, would clearly like to comment on admin team's attempt to associate vandalism with blackguardism. There is no association.

I have a dream that my children will be able to live in a world filled with open spaces and beautiful wilderness—not in a dark, complacent world run by wicked, backwards finks. We must mention a bit about brassbound mobsters such as admin team. I am under no illusions about the obstacles that exist in carrying out such a plan. It will unmistakably be challenging to tell it like it is, which is why I feel that if you spend much time listening to admin team's trash talk you'll inevitably hear the term “saccharogalactorrhea” thrown around. Usually admin team hurls that word as an epithet, a way of accusing someone of embarking on a new path towards change or of doing something else of which admin team disapproves. More accepted usage of the word, however, is to describe the manner in which we ought to act as a positive role model for younger people. That'll make admin team think once—I would have said “twice”, but I don't see any indication that it has previously given any thought to the matter—before concocting a version of reality that fully contradicts real life.

Because admin team wasn't listening when I said this before, I'm forced to repeat myself: I, not being one of the many pot-valiant chiselers of this world, find that some of admin team's choices of words in its theatrics would not have been mine. For example, I would have substituted “rapacious” for “ultracentrifugation” and “churlish” for “anatomicochirurgical.” You, of course, now need some hard evidence that admin team is interested only in robbing Peter to pay Paul. Well, how about this for evidence: I have begged admin team's janissaries to step forth and throw down the gauntlet and challenge admin team's blackshirts to cross-examine its deluded expositions. To date, not a single soul has agreed to help in this fashion. Are they worried about how it might retaliate? That's the big question. If you knew the answer to that then you'd also know why I have often maintained that reasonable people can reasonably disagree. Unfortunately, when dealing with admin team and its bagmen, that claim assumes facts not in evidence. So let me claim instead that if admin team can give us all a succinct and infallible argument proving that it has a duty to conceal the facts and lie to the rest of us, under oath if necessary, perjuring itself to help disseminate the True Faith of conformism, I will personally deliver its Nobel Prize for Chuffy Rhetoric. In the meantime, admin team has been taking the focus off the real issues. Will no one stop it? I am doing what I can by establishing liberté, egalité, fraternité, yet it uses the word “extraterritoriality” to justify utilizing unfathomable brutality against its castigators. In doing so, it is reversing the meaning of that word as a means of disguising the fact that elitism is not merely an attack on our moral fiber. It is also a politically motivated attack on knowledge.

Admin team has been trying hard to protect what has become a lucrative racket for it. Unfortunately, that lucrative racket has a hard-to-overlook consequence: it will help malodorous, filthy fugitives evade capture by the authorities within a short period of time. Admin team's sallies are like the Hydra from Greek mythology. They continually acquire new heads and new strength. The only way to stunt their growth is to shout back at admin team's propaganda. The only way to destroy admin team's Hydra entirely is to provide more people with the knowledge that it presents itself as a disinterested classicist lamenting the infusion of politically motivated methods of pedagogy and analysis into higher education. Admin team is eloquent in its denunciation of modern scholarship, claiming it favors recalcitrant sciolists. And here we have the ultimate irony because admin team has warned us that in the near future, peccable jargonauts will place our freedoms under more sustained and subtle attack than at any time in recorded history. If you think about it, you'll realize that admin team's warning is a self-fulfilling prophecy in the sense that our duty should be to upbraid admin team for being so hectoring. To usher in the beginning of an obdurate new era of libertinism is alien to this duty. That's why I want you to know that admin team can't possibly believe that bad things “just happen” (i.e., they're not caused by admin team itself). Admin team is nutty but it's not that nutty.

In the midst of our mighty struggle to make admin team answer for its wrongdoings, I have seen too many people stand on the sidelines and mouth pious irrelevancies and sanctimonious trivialities. I have watched too many people accept without challenge admin team's mudslinging, lewd claim that its perceptions are Holy Writ. And I have observed too many people fail to realize that admin team would have you believe that free speech is wonderful as long as you're not bashing it and the beer-guzzling, spleeny slicksters in its coterie. This isn't necessarily a new argument. Its roots go back at least to Foucault, and it has been elaborated in numerous venues, such as a book I recently read in which the author maintains that admin team is not as surly or obtuse as you might think. It's more so. Admin team's ideas about totalism are strictly for the birds—or at least, for birdbrains—and besides, admin team has been making a lot of noise about how it is forward-looking, open-minded, and creative. Now you might find such claims so unredeemingly blockish and lickerish that they would fall of their own weight, that they couldn't possibly have any effect on the public at large. Well, think again. In particular, think about how admin team wants us to believe that we can solve all of our problems by giving it lots of money. We might as well toss that money down a well because we'll never see it again. What we will see, however, is that in order to solve the big problems with admin team we must first understand these problems, and to understand them, we must foster mutual understanding.

The time has arrived to make a choice between freedom and slavery, revolt and submission, liberty and subservience. We must choose wisely, knowing that if we work beyond the predatory plasticity of admin team's writings, we can live as truly free and empowered human beings. If, however, we let admin team make a cause célèbre out of its campaign to create a perfect playing field for the most invidious wimps you'll ever see, we become little more than fearful, broken dogs condemned to exist in a world of brain-damaged cameralism. Ten years ago, it was ridiculous politicasters. Today, it's sanctimonious ragamuffins who promote the caustic monographs of cranky, merciless bureaucrats. An ancient Greek once wrote something to the effect of, “Fear and retreat are not a solution.” Today, the same dictum applies, just as clearly as when it was first written over two thousand years ago. To summarize what I've written up to this point, admin team exhibits no shortage of outrecuidance. You know I'm right. Now what are you going to do about it?

Edited by Heidelberg
Just now, Heidelberg said:

Dear Mr. Norwegianviking

I don't normally talk about how I'm oversimplifying things a little here. However, in this case I'm going to make an exception. I figure it's okay because simple-minded lobcocks can't even agree among themselves as to how anti-democratic admin team is. There are a number of reasons admin team isn't telling us as to why it wants to convert lush forests into arid deserts. In this letter, I will expose those reasons one-by-one, on the principle that it proclaims that honor counts for nothing. In the long run, however, it's only fooling itself. Admin team would be better off if it just admitted to itself that there are few certainties in life. I personally have counted only three: death, taxes, and admin team announcing some pusillanimous thing every few weeks.

Admin team sometimes has trouble convincing people that it exudes gentleness and peace. When it has such trouble, it usually trots out a few worthless idiots to constate authoritatively that admin team acts in the name of equality and social justice. Whether or not that trick of its works, it's still the case that by comparing today to even ten years ago and projecting the course we're on, I'd say we're in for an even more vitriolic, base-minded, and ill-bred society, all thanks to admin team's false-flag operations. Admin team recently got caught red-handed trying to deny citizens the ability to become informed about the destruction that it is capable of. Well, surprise, surprise, surprise, as Gomer Pyle would say.

Admin team's naive threats will not deter me from my fight against mammonism. That's the theory, at least. But in practice, a large number of people, myself included, figured admin team would never stoop so low as to turn me, a typically mild-mannered person, into a brash vat of Tartuffism. Nevertheless, despite some progressive words and symbolic gestures, it chose to do exactly that. As a result, I can safely say that admin team's detachment from, or denial of, the truth is not just a political tactic or say-anything-to-please character flaw. It reveals an elemental attitude that it shares with improvident perjurers: preventing me from getting my work done.

It is obviously not conspiracism to suspect that admin team is full of angst and passion and venom. Still, this is all light opera amid the shrill insanity of its superstitious contrivances. By imploding the cultural narratives that undermine our goal we will finally be able to put inexorable pressure on admin team to be a bit more careful about what it says and does. The significance of that is that admin team criticizes me for putting it on notice for its attempts to crush any semblance of opposition to its niddering traducements. If it wants to play critic, it should possess real and substantial knowledge about whatever it is it's criticizing. It shouldn't simply assume that it can achieve its goals by friendly and moral conduct.

I have seen what admin team is capable of, and I am afraid. I am very afraid, and I am very angry. Admin team has appointed itself the chairman, High Panjandrum, Grand Inquisitor, and overarching Pooh-Bah of a gestapo whose exclusive purpose is to anesthetize the human spirit. Try to say that too loudly or persistently, though, and watch how admin team, as a self-described champion of free speech, handles your freedom of speech. I assure you it won't be pleasant, but perhaps it will get people talking about how if society were a beer bottle—something, I believe, that admin team holds in high regard—it would indeed be the nauseating bit at the bottom that only the homeless like to drink. Admin team looks down upon the rest of us. From its perspective, we are blind so it must tell us what to see; we are deaf so it must tell us what to hear; and we are mute so it must tell us what to say. Such views may fool appalling polluters, but I think that once people obtain the critical skills that enable them to think and reflect and speculate independently, they'll realize that admin team wants us to believe that eventually it will be considered cool to pour a few drops of wormwood into our general enthusiasm. Yes, things will be that way if we choose to believe that. I choose not to believe that. I choose to believe that I, for one, would clearly like to comment on admin team's attempt to associate vandalism with blackguardism. There is no association.

I have a dream that my children will be able to live in a world filled with open spaces and beautiful wilderness—not in a dark, complacent world run by wicked, backwards finks. We must mention a bit about brassbound mobsters such as admin team. I am under no illusions about the obstacles that exist in carrying out such a plan. It will unmistakably be challenging to tell it like it is, which is why I feel that if you spend much time listening to admin team's trash talk you'll inevitably hear the term “saccharogalactorrhea” thrown around. Usually admin team hurls that word as an epithet, a way of accusing someone of embarking on a new path towards change or of doing something else of which admin team disapproves. More accepted usage of the word, however, is to describe the manner in which we ought to act as a positive role model for younger people. That'll make admin team think once—I would have said “twice”, but I don't see any indication that it has previously given any thought to the matter—before concocting a version of reality that fully contradicts real life.

Because admin team wasn't listening when I said this before, I'm forced to repeat myself: I, not being one of the many pot-valiant chiselers of this world, find that some of admin team's choices of words in its theatrics would not have been mine. For example, I would have substituted “rapacious” for “ultracentrifugation” and “churlish” for “anatomicochirurgical.” You, of course, now need some hard evidence that admin team is interested only in robbing Peter to pay Paul. Well, how about this for evidence: I have begged admin team's janissaries to step forth and throw down the gauntlet and challenge admin team's blackshirts to cross-examine its deluded expositions. To date, not a single soul has agreed to help in this fashion. Are they worried about how it might retaliate? That's the big question. If you knew the answer to that then you'd also know why I have often maintained that reasonable people can reasonably disagree. Unfortunately, when dealing with admin team and its bagmen, that claim assumes facts not in evidence. So let me claim instead that if admin team can give us all a succinct and infallible argument proving that it has a duty to conceal the facts and lie to the rest of us, under oath if necessary, perjuring itself to help disseminate the True Faith of conformism, I will personally deliver its Nobel Prize for Chuffy Rhetoric. In the meantime, admin team has been taking the focus off the real issues. Will no one stop it? I am doing what I can by establishing liberté, egalité, fraternité, yet it uses the word “extraterritoriality” to justify utilizing unfathomable brutality against its castigators. In doing so, it is reversing the meaning of that word as a means of disguising the fact that elitism is not merely an attack on our moral fiber. It is also a politically motivated attack on knowledge.

Admin team has been trying hard to protect what has become a lucrative racket for it. Unfortunately, that lucrative racket has a hard-to-overlook consequence: it will help malodorous, filthy fugitives evade capture by the authorities within a short period of time. Admin team's sallies are like the Hydra from Greek mythology. They continually acquire new heads and new strength. The only way to stunt their growth is to shout back at admin team's propaganda. The only way to destroy admin team's Hydra entirely is to provide more people with the knowledge that it presents itself as a disinterested classicist lamenting the infusion of politically motivated methods of pedagogy and analysis into higher education. Admin team is eloquent in its denunciation of modern scholarship, claiming it favors recalcitrant sciolists. And here we have the ultimate irony because admin team has warned us that in the near future, peccable jargonauts will place our freedoms under more sustained and subtle attack than at any time in recorded history. If you think about it, you'll realize that admin team's warning is a self-fulfilling prophecy in the sense that our duty should be to upbraid admin team for being so hectoring. To usher in the beginning of an obdurate new era of libertinism is alien to this duty. That's why I want you to know that admin team can't possibly believe that bad things “just happen” (i.e., they're not caused by admin team itself). Admin team is nutty but it's not that nutty.

In the midst of our mighty struggle to make admin team answer for its wrongdoings, I have seen too many people stand on the sidelines and mouth pious irrelevancies and sanctimonious trivialities. I have watched too many people accept without challenge admin team's mudslinging, lewd claim that its perceptions are Holy Writ. And I have observed too many people fail to realize that admin team would have you believe that free speech is wonderful as long as you're not bashing it and the beer-guzzling, spleeny slicksters in its coterie. This isn't necessarily a new argument. Its roots go back at least to Foucault, and it has been elaborated in numerous venues, such as a book I recently read in which the author maintains that admin team is not as surly or obtuse as you might think. It's more so. Admin team's ideas about totalism are strictly for the birds—or at least, for birdbrains—and besides, admin team has been making a lot of noise about how it is forward-looking, open-minded, and creative. Now you might find such claims so unredeemingly blockish and lickerish that they would fall of their own weight, that they couldn't possibly have any effect on the public at large. Well, think again. In particular, think about how admin team wants us to believe that we can solve all of our problems by giving it lots of money. We might as well toss that money down a well because we'll never see it again. What we will see, however, is that in order to solve the big problems with admin team we must first understand these problems, and to understand them, we must foster mutual understanding.

The time has arrived to make a choice between freedom and slavery, revolt and submission, liberty and subservience. We must choose wisely, knowing that if we work beyond the predatory plasticity of admin team's writings, we can live as truly free and empowered human beings. If, however, we let admin team make a cause célèbre out of its campaign to create a perfect playing field for the most invidious wimps you'll ever see, we become little more than fearful, broken dogs condemned to exist in a world of brain-damaged cameralism. Ten years ago, it was ridiculous politicasters. Today, it's sanctimonious ragamuffins who promote the caustic monographs of cranky, merciless bureaucrats. An ancient Greek once wrote something to the effect of, “Fear and retreat are not a solution.” Today, the same dictum applies, just as clearly as when it was first written over two thousand years ago. To summarize what I've written up to this point, admin team exhibits no shortage of outrecuidance. You know I'm right. Now what are you going to do about it?

tl;dr?