Housing update

bamf

In an effort to increase the availability of housing on the maps in the "good spots", we are changing the way that we retain your houses when you don't play.  Going forward, houses will continue to belong to you as long as you have logged into the game and played for a while in the last month (30 days).  

If you have a legitimate reason that you feel would cause us to want to waive this for you, then you are free to contact the admin staff to discuss your reason for being gone longer than 30 days.  We have in the past taken special measures to ensure housing does not get lost for very specific circumstances.  

This change will take effect on 1/1/18, and will begin immediately on that date.  

Thanks,  

Bamf

7 hours ago, Gnashes said:

At all. However, if we see anyone playing for say... an hour a month for each of the last 3-4 months, we're likely going to have a chat with them and possibly remove their houses for inactivity anyway.

@Budbringer sounds like it’s going to happen, so only people who actually play will keep them

@bamf, Any chance to update certain things, to help provide the community :)

• Toggle OFF doesn't remove the red house listings
  • Implement another color to show houses that are new to the market ( original price - Player away for more than 30 days )
  • List housing over 1 mill ( with a 2.5 mill cap ) No house should be worth more than that. and having people ask for 1.2 mill for housing is sketchy for transactions.
  • Implement a forum post system for those who specially need more than 30 days ( for what ever reason )
Former Slave and DosWolf like this
  • 4 weeks later...
On 12/22/2017 at 1:59 AM, Gnashes said:

At all. However, if we see anyone playing for say... an hour a month for each of the last 3-4 months, we're likely going to have a chat with them and possibly remove their houses for inactivity anyway.

FYI, I've started digging through this list. So far 47 houses from 8 players have been returned to the market.

Pretty much every one of those players had logged <15 minutes per month for each of the last 6 months

Alright, finished the list.

91 more houses are now available from 20 inactive players. Servers 1 and 4 fared well.

Credits to that one guy who was logging in 5 minutes a month to hold onto his 17 houses.

Just now, Gnashes said:

91 more houses are now available from 20 inactive players. Servers 1 and 4 fared well.

Credits to that one guy who was logging in 5 minutes a month to hold onto his 17 houses.

I probably would be on that list if I had the responsibility to keep up with it. RIP Titan AA launcher and spike strips

Just now, Gnashes said:

Uhm, any chance I can have my houses back? I've been following the log in for a bit every month rule since that was the minimum required and I've been super busy the past few months so the sudden change of manually deleting my houses because I'm following the minimum time required kinda sucks, I have 15 mil on my main account so trust me I play alot just not in the past few months, to have all my houses on my accounts removed which I put countless hours into getting really sucks. I wouldn't be mad if it was a known rule but you guys clearly stated that all we had to do was log in for a few minutes every month, if that was looked down on then it would have been nice to know. I remember even making a help thread asking if it was okay to play on multiple accounts and being given the ok by olio

Snow- likes this
1 hour ago, RiverThrough said:

Uhm, any chance I can have my houses back? I've been following the log in for a bit every month rule since that was the minimum required and I've been super busy the past few months so the sudden change of manually deleting my houses because I'm following the minimum time required kinda sucks, I have 15 mil on my main account so trust me I play alot just not in the past few months, to have all my houses on my accounts removed which I put countless hours into getting really sucks. I wouldn't be mad if it was a known rule but you guys clearly stated that all we had to do was log in for a few minutes every month, if that was looked down on then it would have been nice to know. I remember even making a help thread asking if it was okay to play on multiple accounts and being given the ok by olio

On 22.12.2017 at 8:59 AM, Gnashes said:

Used to be 3, now is 2, will be 1 at the start of the year.

K A Z E M likes this
2 hours ago, RiverThrough said:

You had (I think) 12-15 houses across 3 accounts. You also haven't played more than 30 minutes cumulative since September.

Sorry man, you're not using those houses. They're better off going to someone who's actually played on the servers in the last 4 months.

Just now, Gnashes said:

You had (I think) 12-15 houses across 3 accounts. You also haven't played more than 30 minutes cumulative since September.

Sorry man, you're not using those houses. They're better off going to someone who's actually played on the servers in the last 4 months.

Yeah I get it, I honestly missed your reply on this thread about hunting down people who haven't played much in months when I first read the post otherwise I would have gladly come back and play some more. It just sucks because I had so much money in my crates. Hell i had a crate full of crank which I was in no rush to sell because like I said, I have 15 mil. I definitely had intentions to come back and play much more again sometime soon but oh well, shit happens.

Edited by RiverThrough
Just now, RiverThrough said:

Yeah I get it, I honestly missed your reply on this thread about hunting down people who haven't played much in months when I first read the post otherwise I would have gladly come back and play some more. It just sucks because I had so much money in my crates. Hell i had a crate full of crank which I was in no rush to sell because like I said, I have 15 mil. I definitely had intentions to come back and play much more again sometime soon but oh well, shit happens.

I have a list of PIDs and house numbers that I removed. If you toss in a Comp request I can get the cost of the houses back to you at minimum. I'll see if I can get Bamf to load a backup onto Dev to see what was in the crates; no promises there though.

• 1 month later...
Just now, blinky said:

Hello.  I've recently noticed all my property (5 houses) are gone on server 1.  I've been extremely busy with work the past few months so I've barely logged on.  I understand the houses are gone, it's cool.  Is there any type of comp I could get though?

I think you can put a comp req in for them, you’d need to wait for gnashes or bamf i think tho

blinky likes this
  • 3 months later...
20 minutes ago, Spookey said:

so you believe they should remove the houses from people that bought them and give them back to you because you decided to stop playing for over a month?

when the server performance is bad and people couldnt join. how are we supposed to play?

and i do check the forum daily to see the server condition not like im going MIA for 1 month and back to demanding.

Edited by FoBi3s