HVT-specific Rooms

It could be interesting to have an HVT-specific room at each police HQ. An HVT-specific room would be lockable by the police and would be required to be lockpicked by rebels.

Certain criteria would have to be met to use this room. Only one officer and one fugitive can be inside the HVT room. There could potentially be a policy in place to enforce this (which is on the APD side of things).

The only problem would be Kavala HQ where cops can endlessly respawn with no timer.

Alec-I and iBacon like this

There doesn't really need to be any more cop buffs... the devs should be working towards reviving rebel life not killing it by giving more idiots power to abuse and ruin the game with even more than they already do. Not implying all higher ups are idiots but *cough* @<Jake> doesn't help make the situation look any less grim for the APD (all jokes aside) you would have to worry about all the dumb fucking constables locking people in the room every time someone sneezed in the wrong direction.

Steve, Jake, Cliff. and 1 other like this
Just now, Tyler said:

There doesn't really need to be any more cop buffs... the devs should be working towards reviving rebel life not killing it by giving more idiots power to abuse and ruin the game with even more than they already do. Not implying all higher ups are idiots but *cough* @<Jake> doesn't help make the situation look any less grim for the APD (all jokes aside) you would have to worry about all the dumb fucking constables locking people in the room every time someone sneezed in the wrong direction.

Fair enough. I would think abolishing the straight-to-jail part of HVT and adding the locked room where rebels have to lockpick to gain entry would get rid of more abuse than it would add.

Riddle me this: You're a rebel and you're an HVT. There's a point where some unrelated rebels come and start a fight with the cops. Would you prefer to be sent to jail or brought in to a secure room until the situation is quelled?

Just playing devil's advocate here.

Just now, Samperino said:

Fair enough. I would think abolishing the straight-to-jail part of HVT and adding the locked room where rebels have to lockpick to gain entry would get rid of more abuse than it would add.

Riddle me this: You're a rebel and you're an HVT. There's a point where some unrelated rebels come and start a fight with the cops. Would you prefer to be sent to jail or brought in to a secure room until the situation is quelled?

Just playing devil's advocate here.

Most of the time people forget to HVT people (or they do it incorrectly) without a higher up on anyways. Instead of being stuck in a locked room and wait for the entire HQ to be cleared and locked down i'd rather be able to be vested or dropped off a tower etc.

Edited by Tyler
Samperino likes this
Just now, Tyler said:

Im personally not a fan of the HVT system. Part of the fun in Asylum is breaking your friends out of police custody. But you work against your friends interest when they are being treated as an HVT if you attempt to break them out. I thought rebels were supposed to always have the advantage over cops. Yet Pyrgos HQ has one entrance, 4 towers, and like 4 deer stands. And they can send someone to jail if anyone even attempt's an attack on the HQ. 

massi likes this
2 minutes ago, tryhardsqueaker said:

Im personally not a fan of the HVT system. Part of the fun in Asylum is breaking your friends out of police custody. But you work against your friends interest when they are being treated as an HVT if you attempt to break them out. I thought rebels were supposed to always have the advantage over cops. Yet Pyrgos HQ has one entrance, 4 towers, and like 4 deer stands. And they can send someone to jail if anyone even attempt's an attack on the HQ. 

I mean you can still sneak a vest in if you are smart. Or at that point do a PB right after, but I personally think the HVT system is still kinda OP if cops want a bounty they better fight for it.

Edited by Tyler
TRYHARD likes this
3 hours ago, Tyler said:

I mean you can still sneak a vest in if you are smart. Or at that point do a PB right after, but I personally think the HVT system is still kinda OP if cops want a bounty they better fight for it.

How is it OP? In all reality people would be locked in a secure building surrounded by tons of cops not some shit tier building with a few dudes.  You shouldnt be able to just walk into a police HQ kill 3 guys and walk out with a friend lol.  That is exactly why there is a prison break feature.

Just now, HotWings said:

How is it OP? In all reality people would be locked in a secure building surrounded by tons of cops not some shit tier building with a few dudes.  You shouldnt be able to just walk into a police HQ kill 3 guys and walk out with a friend lol.  That is exactly why there is a prison break feature.

As stated in the post the HQ's especially Pygros HQ are easy to defend. If you let rebels just come in and tower drop you have other problems.

Yes I know cops aren't always the best players.

Yes I know they have shittier guns, but many times superior numbers.

In my opinion the cops, nor rebels should never be given an advantage or be put at a disadvantage because the skill of the opposite faction is higher. When balancing, we should be under the assumption they are all of equal skill. Doing anything outside of that is what began the "hand holding" mentality of Asylum.

Personally I'd take this over HVT, as long as HVT was completed removed and a SGT+ could only do it. It would encourage people to either rp their bounty or actually get saved by their friends instead of the same old suicide vest/speedbomb.

Edited by Steve
Samperino likes this
Just now, Reapered said:

i think HVT was created around the time mega gangs started popping up.

cops couldnt do anything when people had like 20+ on the server so they had to create a system that was fair for them to get people arrested.

Tbh it probably should still be around, but it should have some stricter rules..

Yeah back when you would have like 6 Bad Blood in custody and another 20 would just drop on towers and massacre everyone in the span of 10 seconds. That doesn't happen now most HQ attacks fail in the grand scheme of things anyways. Getting into a HQ with a big enough force to win is hard enough as it is considering most of them only have one entrance or towers that are stacked with cops. So basically as long as the cops aren't complete potatoes you can only really get in with an Ifrit or an Orca and no one ever takes an Ifrit to a HQ lol.

I pitched this exact Idea to the Devs months ago with more in-depth detaill, haven't gotten a response about it. 

There will be Pillboxes in every HQ, set far away enough from the area where you can send them to jail (So you can't send them from inside the pillbox).

Once the officer takes the fugitive inside, he will scroll on the pillbox and get an option to "Begin HVT process".

Once selected, this will begin the HVT Process and automatically lock the pillbox door with the officer(s) and fugitive inside for 3-5 minutes.

The doors cannot be opened until the timer has passed or until it is lockpicked by rebels. 

Once the timer starts, this gives the rebel time to inform his friends that they have 3-5 minutes to come save him. 

Once the timer passes, the door automatically opens and the officer is then able to bring the suspect over to the area that will let him send the fugitive to jail. 

Just now, The Monopoly Man said:

I pitched this exact Idea to the Devs months ago with more in-depth detaill, haven't gotten a response about it. 

There will be Pillboxes in every HQ, set far away enough from the area where you can send them to jail (So you can't send them from inside the pillbox).

Once the officer takes the fugitive inside, he will scroll on the pillbox and get an option to "Begin HVT process".

Once selected, this will begin the HVT Process and automatically lock the pillbox door with the officer(s) and fugitive inside for 3-5 minutes.

The doors cannot be opened until the timer has passed or until it is lockpicked by rebels. 

Once the timer starts, this gives the rebel time to inform his friends that they have 3-5 minutes to come save him. 

Once the timer passes, the door automatically opens and the officer is then able to bring the suspect over to the area that will let him send the fugitive to jail. 

I fail to see the point if you cant actually send the player to jail.  All you would be doing is prolonging the fighting and death, which the process is supposed to in theory prevent. 

HVT is simple, you want to treat someone as an HTV you take them directly to jail and process them there.  You're not magically teleporting the player away since he is already there and it leads directly into the prison break if someone wants to save their friend.  Its an APD policy issue, not a developer issue IMO.

Just now, HotWings said:

I fail to see the point if you cant actually send the player to jail.  All you would be doing is prolonging the fighting and death, which the process is supposed to in theory prevent. 

HVT is simple, you want to treat someone as an HTV you take them directly to jail and process them there.  You're not magically teleporting the player away since he is already there and it leads directly into the prison break if someone wants to save their friend.  Its an APD policy issue, not a developer issue IMO.

HVT is a needed APD policy however it has been abused quite a few times. Currently, there is no APD policy that can be put in place to fix the major abuse of HVT, a new developer addition can, as per my suggestion. This is to promote fairplay between the factions and give the opposing side a very small timeframe to at least make an attempt to rescue their friends. After observing HVT over the years, I have noticed it is used more and more often every year, reducing the interactions and encounters with rebels at police HQs. Now for the cops this is obviously good for them as it means easy money with little to no risk of resistance as trying to save an HVT is very extremely difficult for the majority of Asylum players once he reaches the HQ. I have also observed that Prison breaks have had a major decrease in being done over the past couple years as well (Yes I know this is a dev issue). A captains job is to promote fairplay and fun between the factions, and right now there isn't much fun. Asylum has been in a state of decline recently and these are one of my suggestions that will increase the fights and interactions between the sides. The captains have discussed this suggestion before and have agreed this is a much needed addition on asylum to make the HVT process more fun and enjoyable. I would rather not remove the HVT process entirely (As the captains have discussed this quite a lot before), but if it continues to be abused heavily and we can't come up with some sort of middle ground, it more than likely will. 

On 12/24/2017 at 3:57 AM, The Monopoly Man said:

HVT is a needed APD policy however it has been abused quite a few times. Currently, there is no APD policy that can be put in place to fix the major abuse of HVT, a new developer addition can, as per my suggestion. This is to promote fairplay between the factions and give the opposing side a very small timeframe to at least make an attempt to rescue their friends. After observing HVT over the years, I have noticed it is used more and more often every year, reducing the interactions and encounters with rebels at police HQs. Now for the cops this is obviously good for them as it means easy money with little to no risk of resistance as trying to save an HVT is very extremely difficult for the majority of Asylum players once he reaches the HQ. I have also observed that Prison breaks have had a major decrease in being done over the past couple years as well (Yes I know this is a dev issue). A captains job is to promote fairplay and fun between the factions, and right now there isn't much fun. Asylum has been in a state of decline recently and these are one of my suggestions that will increase the fights and interactions between the sides. The captains have discussed this suggestion before and have agreed this is a much needed addition on asylum to make the HVT process more fun and enjoyable. I would rather not remove the HVT process entirely (As the captains have discussed this quite a lot before), but if it continues to be abused heavily and we can't come up with some sort of middle ground, it more than likely will. 

Its not really needed at all tbh.  If people wanted to role play they would.  I once processed Clint alone with a 10m+ bounty while his gang waited outside the HQ because he WANTED to role play.  If the only want is to fight, set the HVT at the prison, same concept as it is now only not only do you need to get them the prison giving time for rescue in transit, but it sets up immediately for a prison break if they fail. Seems like a win win.  I'm not sure what you mean by "easy money"  the cops had to capture and transport this person back to an HQ/prison in order to send him to jail, that's not an easy task when you're talking about a scenario which will result in gangs attacking an HQ, and it should be extremely difficult to rescue them from the HQ as Steve said.  Cops have the advantage here because they've arrested someone and brought them to a fortified position (same concept as a kidnapped cop at rebel), there doesn't need to be a feature here that put them at risk for no real reason other than "its fair play" because frankly its not fair play, you are essentially punishing cops for making a good arrest.  I don't see why the policy needs to exist at all, there doesnt need to be a rule for it just for the sake of having a rule.  I see it pretty simply If you get caught, you get brought the HQ, and someone attacks it you go to jail.  If you don't think that's fair for the rebels then force them to take people whom they're afraid to lose to the prison directly, if they get attacked they can send them (you're already there no teleporting!), if they're at an HQ and they get attacked they cannot (must wait for it to be clear).  We need game altering/better features, locking someone in a box isn't something that I can see being a real upgrade to game play nor will it be fun or enjoyable for the two people locked inside who have no control over anything. 

Edited by HotWings
9 hours ago, HotWings said:

Then dont have your gang mates attack the HQ. 

cops are so douchey now a days a person doesn't even have to attack the hq.

"if we hear your ifrit anywhere in town, we will send you straight to jail."

Shit like that is why the hvt system is broken. Or when they start hvting ppl who dont even have friends around but the cops have pissed off enough civs to where 5 different groups want the cops fuckin dead. having a specific room isn't really a bad idea. It would help combat the abuse and give rebels a chance to save their friends.

Just now, Sp0on said:

Shit like that is why the hvt system is broken. Or when they start hvting ppl who dont even have friends around but the cops have pissed off enough civs to where 5 different groups want the cops fuckin dead. having a specific room isn't really a bad idea. It would help combat the abuse and give rebels a chance to save their friends.

I once turned myself in and was HVT'd. I had nothing illegal and no gang mates online..... 

Samperino likes this
On 12/24/2017 at 6:08 PM, Sp0on said:

99.9% sure they cant send you for hearing a vehicle and if they do report it. 

I agree HVT is broken as shit, I dont think a real solution is adding a box to lock people in tho.  Personally think HVT should only be able to occur at the prison, if you choose not to transport then you deal with losing your bounty and there is a big chance of losing them in transit should you chose to move them there. 

On 12/24/2017 at 9:18 PM, tryhardsqueaker said:

I once turned myself in and was HVT'd. I had nothing illegal and no gang mates online..... 

Same happened to me.  Its pretty dumb.

On 12/24/2017 at 11:03 PM, Steve said:

What's really broken about hvt is a dude trolling with a rook can get you sent to jail and you can't do shit about it.

"I heard a shot at the square send him to jail"  Bruh this is kavala of course there are shots near the square.