Server Lag Reduction Suggestions

1. Remove hunting grounds for time being(seems animals spawn in like crazy even if you are in a vehicle); could be a reason server lag is happening with the amount of animals that spawn in at once / time.
  2. Fix/Tweak cartel dirty money spawning in fridge(saw a few people mention cartel fridge money spawning in may be another server lag related thing)
  3. Reduce player cap to 80 players (this has been mentioned before; but frankly if we don't start trial/error this community will be dead within a month of its current state)
  4. Change server hosting (again this has been mentioned before; but we need to stop being hard headed about shit & actually look into shit, its not a coincidence that Olympus has more features and a higher player cap, and runs with 30-40 more avg fps + no server lag in massive fire fights)
  5. Gold bars in fed/bank? Is there any chance the way they are spawning in is causing massive server lag?
  6. Housing crates? If xx amount of people log on every server restart to show their crates ; is this too much for the server to handle / keep up with?
  7. Cartel redzones? Possibly remove cartels in all for 24 hours ? See if server lag is gone or not? Not like people fight for them anyways with this server lag.

If it really is a "Bohemia Bug/Problem" then you need to figure out what the fuck with them, because as it stands... Stability>Unstability. 

If store A has the specific type of chips I want and store B says we don't have them because the company we order from never delivers them, where you think I'm going to shop at?

Shitty comparison, but its time to start making things happen & these are JUST SUGGESTIONS. Obviously I'm not a server developer, but trial and error vs nothing at all is better than nothing.

Space, JaxxonMurphy, Bifta and 4 others like this

Every suggestion that has been made is always another excuse or its BE not us.

This really is getting to the point of I don't know how much longer people will play. I'm a patient person.. and I'm starting to think starting over on another server that doesn't have the majority of these issues is worth it.. When you log in and wait.. and wait.. and wait.. or retry or get in and lag just makes you stand around until it clears up.. that's not worth my time.. 

Something needs to be done... shit's getting ridiculous at this point.

Wednesday - server reboot happened, great we're good.. 15 minutes later @Rodrigo restarted the server.. within 20 minutes of that restart I had to reach out to him again because the server was shitting itself.. 

Joe (StealthProxy) likes this
Just now, JaxxonMurphy said:

Every suggestion that has been made is always another excuse or its BE not us.

This really is getting to the point of I don't know how much longer people will play. I'm a patient person.. and I'm starting to think starting over on another server that doesn't have the majority of these issues is worth it.. When you log in and wait.. and wait.. and wait.. or retry or get in and lag just makes you stand around until it clears up.. that's not worth my time.. 

Something needs to be done... shit's getting ridiculous at this point.

Wednesday - server reboot happened, great we're good.. 15 minutes later @Rodrigo restarted the server.. within 20 minutes of that restart I had to reach out to him again because the server was shitting itself.. 

Not going to name the competitor but i played on a different server yesterday with 110 people on it and not a single bit of lag.

Just now, Roicesb said:

People have been saying this since I showed up a few years ago.....Asylum still lives

I've been playing on Asylum since April, so I can't really speak for what it was like longer ago when the kicks actually started... but I feel it is much, much worse now with the kicks than ever before. The servers now require constant restarts, as @JaxxonMurphy brought up. It was never like this since I started playing in April. The servers were always full; I would have to spam connect to join any Asylum server. I never recall the servers being this bad in April and May of this year. So, I'm assuming the servers are worse than before and may finally bring Asylum to its demise if the development keeps delaying things and being hardheaded.

Edited by Joe (StealthProxy)
JaxxonMurphy likes this
Just now, Leady said:

The only thing on the list I question is the hunting grounds. From the way I understand it animals are spawned player side not server. So I wouldn't see that causing server issues.

I've never played on olym, do they have housing crates as well? (Was always my theory on the lag)

i think so idk havent got that far yet

JaxxonMurphy likes this
Just now, Leady said:

The only thing on the list I question is the hunting grounds. From the way I understand it animals are spawned player side not server. So I wouldn't see that causing server issues.

I've never played on olym, do they have housing crates as well? (Was always my theory on the lag)

The main difference about their housing script that I have seen is that virtual inventory is not attached to the crates. You upgrade your house to get more virtual inventory but when you buy crates it only effects your physical inventory(guns,vests, sights, etc.)

Edited by Steve
JaxxonMurphy likes this
Just now, Steve said:

Idk my dude I think the cartel script does cause issues in some way or another.

^ One easy way to find out is to remove cartels for 24 hours. If people want to fight (assuming its not lagging) people will still arange where to fight regardless of a cap flag. 

Trial & Error is the only way I see this shit getting fixed.

JaxxonMurphy and Blake. like this
Just now, Grizz said:

^ One easy way to find out is to remove cartels for 24 hours. If people want to fight (assuming its not lagging) people will still arange where to fight regardless of a cap flag. 

I suggest removing it one server and comparing the results. If we don't have anything to compare to it's useless.

JaxxonMurphy likes this
Just now, Grizz said:

> every 60 seconds the script goes over every cartel and checks if there is anyone inside, checks for each player if it has the right gun, etc > checks if the player is in a gang > check if there are other gangs > move cap % or do nothing if other gang is present, all this in only 100 lines of code

It seems to me as though the server wasn’t as bad until about a week ago when they increased the player cap, then brought it down.

That wouldn’t mess it up though so it must be something released in a new hotfix.

I am aware of the long standing server issues but they weren’t that bad but have suddenly got worse.

Just now, Witz said:

> every 60 seconds the script goes over every cartel and checks if there is anyone inside, checks for each player if it has the right gun, etc > checks if the player is in a gang > check if there are other gangs > move cap % or do nothing if other gang is present, all this in only 100 lines of code

It may only be 100 lines of code, but something lags the shit out of the server when people do cartels. It's reported A LOT. SO you may not think it, but it still could be an issue. Without testing, no one will now, so what's the harm of removing it for 24 hours to see if it helps? Stop being a fucking negative nancy and poo pooing anything. The community is looking for ways to fix the server as we are ALL getting sick of the lag.

Joe (StealthProxy) likes this
Just now, Witz said:

It doesn't matter how many lines of code there are. It matters how efficient the code is. As pointed out by a developer someone was talking about in another thread, the cartel script is absolutely horrific. We need trial and error to at least see what helps lessen the lag. If nothing is tried, then nothing will get done.

JaxxonMurphy likes this
Just now, Joe (StealthProxy) said:

It doesn't matter how many lines of code there are. It matters how efficient the code is. As pointed out by a developer someone was talking about in another thread, the cartel script is absolutely horrific. We need trial and error to at least see what helps lessen the lag. If nothing is tried, then nothing will get done.

Just now, Joe (StealthProxy) said:

not pointing to the "100 lines of code" theres nothing wrong with it 

On 12/29/2017 at 4:07 PM, Roicesb said:

People have been saying this since I showed up a few years ago.....Asylum still lives

In all fairness we are running out of time. It gets to a point where people are worn thin due to performance issues. I won't play olympus because I have issues with the way it's set up there, the staff(not the devs) are inbred monkeys, and all my money and old friends stays on asylum. I don't think I'll ever play olympus seriously but plenty of people are and more people will. It's a fact we have devs that don't put as much work in as someone with their tag should be.

Sure it's a volunteer role but don't accept that role if you won't fulfill it.